Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bocaj
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by mmmcoffee
    Might I suggest a results only thread? Getting hard to follow this thread with all of the bullshit in between
    A new thread with something simple..like:

1. How long have you been 'rolling...
    2. What length needles are you using...
    3. How often are you 'rolling...
    4. Which 'roller/stamp/pen are you using....
    5. What results, if any..are you seeing...
    6. What else are you using/applying...
    etc

Not necessarily in that order...but it' be easier to follow imo.

Comment

• greatjob!
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Bocaj
      But his comment was not about dermarolling, was it? Quit making things up, and your own rules, to feed into your own false narrative.

Now go ahead..pick out one part of that you want to quote and....
      His comment was related to hairloss, as in merck was loosing money and cutting jobs and since he hates propecia he was happy. Then you decided to inject your politics into a hairloss forum. That is not a false narrative. Discussion over. Although seeing how people like you usually have little appetite for facts I'm sure you will continue to claim you didn't needlessly inject politics into a hairloss forum.

Comment

• Bocaj
        • Jul 2011

His comment had NOTHING to do with the topic of dermarolling, which is what you kids were whining about. Just because my 3 word response was "political", doesn't change the fact that I was responding to a comment on jobs- not dermarolling. Got it? Then look at the responses I got.

Shall we clutter this up all night? I'm finished- grow some hair!

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

A weird thing happened a few days ago;

I noticed not a gray hair, but a completely TRANSPARENT hair. And not just a vellus short hair, but one thats been growing a while as it was about 1.5-2 inches in length.

I've no idea what this means, maybe someone can chime in?

Comment

• greatjob!
            • Aug 2011

His comment had NOTHING to do with the topic of dermarolling, which is what you kids were whining about. Just because my 3 word response was "political", doesn't change the fact that I was responding to a comment on jobs- not dermarolling. Got it? Then look at the responses I got.

Shall we clutter this up all night? I'm finished- grow some hair!
            No I was whining about you injecting politics. There is no place for it here, it just devolves into exactly what is happening. This is tbt 90% of the posts here are off topic.

I'm glad you're dumb..I mean done.

Comment

• Bocaj
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
              A weird thing happened a few days ago;

I noticed not a gray hair, but a completely TRANSPARENT hair. And not just a vellus short hair, but one thats been growing a while as it was about 1.5-2 inches in length.

I've no idea what this means, maybe someone can chime in?
              Maybe I should know this..but what color is your hair normally? I guess it would really seem strange if you had dark hair..but it's pretty common to see "transparent" hair when it's first growing- hasn't gone terminal.

Edit..here's an example from ***:
              After 3months of Minoxidil treatment i was getting regrowth, which could be best described as weak and transparent. However after 6months a lot of this hair turned thicker. I was on Finasteride as well.
              I'm guessing for that particular hair of yours it's just taking longer...?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

A new thread with something simple..like:

1. How long have you been 'rolling...
                2. What length needles are you using...
                3. How often are you 'rolling...
                4. Which 'roller/stamp/pen are you using....
                5. What results, if any..are you seeing...
                6. What else are you using/applying...
                etc

Not necessarily in that order...but it' be easier to follow imo.
                So go make the thread then, and enforce your rules of "No results, no post".

Comment

• Bocaj
                  • Jul 2011

^You must have me confused with someone else...on the "No results, no post" thing.....

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Maybe I should know this..but what color is your hair normally? I guess it would really seem strange if you had dark hair..but it's pretty common to see "transparent" hair when it's first growing- hasn't gone terminal.

Edit..here's an example from ***:

I'm guessing for that particular hair of yours it's just taking longer...?
                    I don't know, because that was already growing for a while, like I said, it was about 1.5 inches. So, either I never noticed it... or it just turned transparent.

Comment

• Bocaj
                      • Jul 2011

I recall polar bears- their hair is actually clear/transparent..but something about the way light hits it etc..it appears white. I noticed stray ones of mine look a bit transparent. When they're all together it doesn't look that way.

No, I'm not a polar bear.

Comment

• rogering
                        • Sep 2013

More pain, less gain!!

I have to disagree, it's not about needle length causing injury, it's about getting the minoxidil past the startum corneum (the skin's natural barrier) and the needles stimulating healthy blood flow, exfoliating and massaging increasing scalp health. This whole 'no pain, no gain' business is very last century!!

The biggest problem with using needles 1mm or greater is that they cause excessive pain and bleeding that inhibits the user from effectively treating themselves, it's as simple as that. The other downside is that the longer the needle the quicker they become blunt, a 1.5mm needle will only have a 4-6 uses before it becomes too blunt, a 1mm needle 1 - 2 months use max.

In addition it has been shown that skin needling by itself stimulates hair regrowth in the temple and hairline areas, minoxidil only stimulates hair regrowth in the crown area.

I have been using a 0.75mm needle daily for over 2 years with minoxidil 5% and copper peptides. I am really happy and my roller lasts for 12 months.

Comment

• MackJames
                          • Sep 2009

I recall polar bears- their hair is actually clear/transparent..but something about the way light hits it etc..it appears white. I noticed stray ones of mine look a bit transparent. When they're all together it doesn't look that way.

No, I'm not a polar bear.

I'm nearly completely white/grey haired. All my siblings went white early as did my father. My wife comments on my hair being almost clear.

Comment

• walrus
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by rogering
                            I have to disagree, it's not about needle length causing injury, it's about getting the minoxidil past the startum corneum

In addition it has been shown that skin needling by itself stimulates hair regrowth in the temple and hairline areas
                            Do you have any proof for these statements?

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                              If you're on other meds, there's no way of telling if derma+minox is helping you.
                              if i regain all of my hairline i'm pretty sure that's not just dutasteride. but if results aren't incredible then yes you're right. either way people need to put their regimens up honestly for objective data.

Comment

• chimera
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by rogering
                                I have to disagree, it's not about needle length causing injury, it's about getting the minoxidil past the startum corneum (the skin's natural barrier) and the needles stimulating healthy blood flow, exfoliating and massaging increasing scalp health. This whole 'no pain, no gain' business is very last century!!

The biggest problem with using needles 1mm or greater is that they cause excessive pain and bleeding that inhibits the user from effectively treating themselves, it's as simple as that. The other downside is that the longer the needle the quicker they become blunt, a 1.5mm needle will only have a 4-6 uses before it becomes too blunt, a 1mm needle 1 - 2 months use max.

In addition it has been shown that skin needling by itself stimulates hair regrowth in the temple and hairline areas, minoxidil only stimulates hair regrowth in the crown area.

I have been using a 0.75mm needle daily for over 2 years with minoxidil 5% and copper peptides. I am really happy and my roller lasts for 12 months.
                                You should take a minute to read the study we're following.

It is precisely about causing injury. We NEED to make damage (at least a certain, controled amount). We don't do this to create canals for minoxidil to get throuth the stratum corneum. We do it because we want wnt, but to release this protein we need to activate the healing process of the follicles, and the only way to do it is to cause some damage first. For us, causing trauma and giving the tissue time enough to reppair itself is very important.

Comment

Working...