X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bananana
    Inactive
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by UK_
    Ive been thinking about this for a while too - why would a lesser dose result in greater efficacy? Well I realised that with cell therapy that is actually often the case! There is often a 'dose range' that the researchers have discovered was successful in animal models prior - a dose range that was more effective than significantly higher doses.

Now the very fact that Replicel increased their dose significantly helped their cause more than anything, because they proved safety, which dramatically reduces the time of clinical trials.

I dont think efficacy can be found through injecting huge amounts of cells, I believe smaller doses say 3 - 4 times a year will give you the results of 60 - 70% regrowth.
    Interesting view. I sure hope you're right about the regrowth with smaller amount of cells. It does sound kind of logical.

Comment

• dex89
      • Jul 2012

so how does this work? is this some kind of a hair transplant, oral pill, cream?

Comment

• tonypizza
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by dex89
        so how does this work? is this some kind of a hair transplant, oral pill, cream?
        It works by removing enough dollars from your wallet that you are convinced of a 13% increase in vellus hairs when in front of a mirror.

Kind of like Propecia

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by tonypizza
          It works by removing enough dollars from your wallet that you are convinced of a 13% increase in vellus hairs when in front of a mirror.

Kind of like Propecia
          SPLENDID!

10char

Comment

• Kirby_
            • Jan 2012

It's funny because it's true.

Comment

• krewel
              • Aug 2011

Here a little video about Yales hair research. They actually confirm Dr.Hoffmanns / Replicels thesis about dermal sheeth cup cells..

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by krewel
                http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/health/...e#.UGf544aWJI1

They actually confirm Dr.Hoffmanns / Replicels thesis about dermal sheeth cup cells..
                can't find anywhere any confirmation.

the only confirmation we have is by the Replicel guys themselves:

if you inject millions of replicated human dscc into a patient's bald scalp - it grows practically NOTHING. Confirmed by Replicel!

Comment

• krewel
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 534623

if you inject millions of replicated human dscc into a patient's bald scalp - it grows practically NOTHING. Confirmed by Replicel!
                  Watch the video again, inform yourself about how Replicels technology works in detail and stop spreading this "Replicel failed" nonsense. Otherwise you belong to hairsite, not here.
                  I can see that there's a lot, you understand in a wrong way. I've explained it a 100 times here and I'm not going to explain it again.

Replicel did not fail. Far from it.
                  If you really expected something like 50% regrwoth, you are literally insane.

Comment

• UK_
                    • Feb 2011

@krewel http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/health/...e#.UGge2a7lawS

They say it's years away, but Replicel are already heading into phase 2.

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by 534623

No, what was confirmed was a that a SINGLE TREATMENT could beat both the efficacy AND SAFETY of Finasteride and Minoxidil combined after only 6 months.

THAT'S WHAT WAS CONFIRMED.

Your comments are stupid and damaging, until you can open a lab and create a treatment that beats in efficacy and safety both the two mainstream treatments for hair loss that have been around for over 20 years, please STFU.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Replicel did not fail. Far from it.
                        in this case ...

...you should invest all your money. good luck.

Comment

• krewel
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                          @krewel http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/health/...e#.UGge2a7lawS

They say it's years away, but Replicel are already heading into phase 2.
                          Which is great.

The video shows, that Replicel is going the right way. The stem cells that female Yale scientist is pointing at on her screen are dermal sheath cup cells, the ones that Replicels guys are using.
                          They did not find out something new. But thanks to their technology, they actually show, that Dr.Hoffmanns research results about dermal sheath cup cells are true.

Edit: But also Aderans. Both concepts are actually very similar to each other.

Comment

• Oct 2011

The video shows, that Replicel is going the right way. The stem cells that female Yale scientist is pointing at on her screen are dermal sheath cup cells, the ones that Replicels guys are using.
                            not at all.
                            the 2 women in the video sound like the Aderans guys 10 years ago - about their initial mouse research findings.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                              • Sep 2010

But Aderans in 2002 is a world apart from Replicel in 2012. Back then people got excited about growing hairs on a mouse. Now we are safely growing hair on human scalp. That is a monumental leap that not everyone seems to appreciate....taking results on a rodent species and replicating them on ourselves.
                              Even if Replicel never gets to market, we have learned from its research and other companies can apply this knowledge. This goes for all research on "next gen" treatments.

I'm excited about these cellular procedures. Right now the only cosmetically viable ways to fight MPB are 1. get on hormone therapy early (fin or dut), or 2. get hair transplants from one of a hand full of quality clinics in the world (and we all know the limitations of that). I think treating this condition at the cell level is the next step.
                              I would love for some super effective PGD2 inhibitor lotion to come out in the next couple years, but I am not holding my breath.

Comment

• Sogeking
                                • Feb 2011

If they could actually immunize hair follicles to DHT than I would call that a big damn success. However they are definetly in silent mode now. They got burned by the hype they generated before phase I 6 months results and not being able to produce satisfactory results.

Comment

Working...