X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cichlidfort
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by jason1001
    Is Ru out now?
    I never see much people posting about it.
    ...because you're not looking.

Comment

• Potm22
      • Apr 2014

Would love to give CB a try after i used RU for at least a few months.
      Is there a "common" statement yet on what ppl that used it already BELIEVE to be the best vehicle? So that i know what i should use.

Also does anyone know a decent blog or sth of someone reporting his CB results and maybe giving some advice that helps noobs like me getting started? for ru the Hellouserthread(god bless him) was obv a lifesaver, was hoping that there is sth similar for CB around? havent found anything while googling

Comment

• burtandernie
        • Nov 2012

How many human studies were done with RU? I find it hard to believe they tested RU in humans and then after seeing how well it worked they decided there was not enough money so they shelved it or couldnt find a partner for it.
        I just dont think it works, it has sides, its too large a molecule, it doesnt penetrate well enough or one of a hundred other technical reasons it doesnt work. So then every guy on here sees what he wants as he uses it along with other treatments and we never know whether it really works or not. Its a big crap shoot and its silly. I guess if your desperate though its worth a shot. Hopefully it has no sides.

Comment

• hellouser
          • May 2012

Originally posted by burtandernie
          How many human studies were done with RU? I find it hard to believe they tested RU in humans and then after seeing how well it worked they decided there was not enough money so they shelved it or couldnt find a partner for it.
          I just dont think it works, it has sides, its too large a molecule, it doesnt penetrate well enough or one of a hundred other technical reasons it doesnt work. So then every guy on here sees what he wants as he uses it along with other treatments and we never know whether it really works or not. Its a big crap shoot and its silly. I guess if your desperate though its worth a shot. Hopefully it has no sides.
          The same should be asked about NEOSH and Aderans.

Comment

• Potm22
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
            Judging by experiences from ppl who already tried it, severe sides seem really rare. And yes there might be a slight chance there are "hidden" longterm sides. But still, if theres a product that gives me a 1% chance of stopping my hairloss, i will alwaaaaays give it a try, even if it would cost me 1000$ per g or whatever. Guess ppl just got different views on that kind of stuff, which is perfectly fine.

Comment

• jason1001
              • Mar 2014

The problem is what if it doesn't come out in 4 years or by the time it does you've lost all your hair.

Comment

• maomao
                • Nov 2012

I've been reading the presentations on this - and one question.

Have they even used a chemical vehicle for the alopecia treatment? I only see mention of the iontophoresis.

If not - does this mean they are also still trying to work one out? (Or did I miss something somewhere?)

Comment

• breakbot
                  • Feb 2014

Originally posted by maomao
                  I've been reading the presentations on this - and one question.

Have they even used a chemical vehicle for the alopecia treatment? I only see mention of the iontophoresis.

If not - does this mean they are also still trying to work one out? (Or did I miss something somewhere?)
                  Nobody knows if they found for the alopecia version the right vehicle although they are working on a lotion by cosmo's presentation.
                  Iontophoresis was used in European trials.
                  It is very difficult to achieve the iontophoresis results anyway, but this doesn't mean they will have no success.
                  Sorry for my English.

Comment

• burtandernie
                    • Nov 2012

I know a long time is the right answer, but what year does the timeline predict this is going to come out?

Comment

• lilpauly
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by breakbot
                      Nobody knows if they found for the alopecia version the right vehicle although they are working on a lotion by cosmo's presentation.
                      Iontophoresis was used in European trials.
                      It is very difficult to achieve the iontophoresis results anyway, but this doesn't mean they will have no success.
                      Sorry for my English.
                      They actually trying a gel formula right now in trials

Comment

• jjo
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by lilpauly

how do you know?

Comment

• lilpauly
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jjo
                          how do you know?
                          Hi man it was in the Cosmo presrntaion

Comment

• jjo
                            • Oct 2011

Hi man it was in the Cosmo presrntaion
                            do you know more about it than most people?

Comment

• maomao
                              • Nov 2012

I can't find any reference to that, which presentation was it in?

So this also means then, that they don't even know it will work in a chemical solution - as all the results are only about iontophoresis?

Comment

• Pate
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by maomao
                                I can't find any reference to that, which presentation was it in?

So this also means then, that they don't even know it will work in a chemical solution - as all the results are only about iontophoresis?
                                Correct. This is the first human phase 2 trial to use a topical solution.

As for the vehicle, all I have seen them say is it's anhydrous, which means not water based. The acne treatment is cream based.

Anhydrous is not very informative as it covers a wide range of possibilities as to what the primary ingredients are.

Comment

Working...