Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clarence
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by UK_
    I dont know why everyone sounds so depressed, Dr Nigam has shown some cracking results and is working with some good names (Dr Lauster et al)
    And here is why everyone sounds so depressed. Or will sound, after the laughter fades.

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by UK_
      Dr Nigam ... is working with some good names (Dr Lauster et al)
      Sounds exciting.

Comment

• UK_
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by clarence
        And here is why everyone sounds so depressed. Or will sound, after the laughter fades.
        hmm well I just read a post on Hairsite that Dr Nigam isnt actually working with Dr Lauster & the German scientific team for his DP cell injection.

Discouraging to say the least.

Comment

• Thinning@30
          • Mar 2010

hmm well I just read a post on Hairsite that Dr Nigam isnt actually working with Dr Lauster & the German scientific team for his DP cell injection.
          A think a lot of people are making too much of the fact that some tentative connection might exist between Nigam and Lauster. So what if they met once? Dr. Nigam seems very sketchy to me. I'd love to be wrong about the guy, but nothing about him gives me any confidence. He's been caught in a number of lies, his website is totally unprofessional, he posts long rambling bits of nonsense with completely unstandardized photos, etc. It is as if he doesn't understand the scientific method or the principles of evidence-based medicine.

Comment

• Pentarou
            • Apr 2013

I can see the appeal of Dr Nigam - here is someone who is obviously trying to be a Gho Beater, able to circumvent all the obstacles faced by Dr Gho and all other researchers working with the legal constraints in place in the west. In an industry where there's been zero progress in 20 years in terms of treatments, apart from off label Dut, we all NEED a maverick pioneer scientist to kick ass in order to have any hope at all of getting better means of tackling hairloss in our lifetimes. Big Pharma sure ain't interested. Unfortunately, the actual evidence that the man is doing what he claims to doesn't seem good at all. Sadly.

Comment

• Joker
              • Aug 2012

Once again, I'm going to add my two cents here as well, because I think we're getting into dangerous territory.

There is nothing wrong with Dr. Nigam conducting experiments and posting them on the forums. Nothing. None of us here are the hair transplant police. None of us here have to get the procedure done if we don't want to. We can make our concerns known without relegating this man to obscurity.

I don't agree with Dr. Nigam's marketing practices. It's clear that he's an internet juvenile. I think he's overzealous in his associations and makes claims that are very premature. But that isn't any reason to launch a witch hunt.

If we shame him away from the forums, the HT industry is heading back to the dark ages and there will be no one pushing the envelope for the next decade. I'd rather have a maverick like Dr. Nigam working to gain our trust than have absolutely no one experimenting with the creation of a better solution for donor depletion.

Dr. Nigam's flaws (call it his "maverick" nature) are exactly what makes him willing to experiment on the crazy chance that some of these techniques will work. More conservative doctors and more restrained doctors would never do this.

So, look. We get it. Dr. Nigam isn't the most trustworthy person in the world. He is careless at times. But we all know that. It's been demonstrated and we all understand. But please, before we kick this guy away for good, consider exactly how badly this is going to hurt everyone praying for a solution. No one has to trust Dr. Nigam, but all of us should let him post his research on the forums without burning him at the stake over EVERY SINGLE flaw that he makes in his marketing practices.

We are letting people with a vendetta against Dr. Nigam convince us that having no one working on this technology is better than having someone (no matter how untrustworthy). And that's a philosophy I personally do not accept.

Comment

• ANW
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                Sounds exciting.

This is what Lauster is currently working on:
                "Next steps for research on hair biogenesis will include extensive study of the biochemistry of follicle formation, currently ongoing in our laboratory. In addition, it will be important to add back several important elements found in mammalian hair follicles in nature: vasculature; a sebaceous gland; and the arrector pili muscle that causes the hair to stand up."

Its an extract from his research paper "De novo formation and ultra-structural characterization of a fiber-producing human hair follicle"

He is also a cofounder of a company called TissUse. You can google it.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by Pentarou
                  The Alchemist is correct, most likely. Aderans' technique looks done for, but we'll probably never get any official confirmation of that, as with Follica.
                  don't feel like going through all the past posts...was following aderans' and histogen but got busy with a few personal things so lost track of them...

is aderans' going extinct now?

Comment

• Thinning87
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JJacobs152
                    don't feel like going through all the past posts...was following aderans' and histogen but got busy with a few personal things so lost track of them...

is aderans' going extinct now?
                    some people in here claim ARI is pretty much stuck and they aren't moving forward; they are indeed at what like ten years of phase 2 now? or maybe less, but still... so their skepticism is udnerstandable... BUT they will also be presenting in Scotland what might be a breakthrough in their reseach... don't expect them to say "we did it and it'll be on the market in 2014" but they might finally have found a method to increase effectiveness and they will be testing this method soon.

This is at least what I got out of it... read the Edinburg conference thread and the abstract of the presentation. Also read through this thread going back I'd say 7 days to get a better idea

Comment

• Desmond84
                      • Oct 2012

Troubling news!!!

Guys here's some very TROUBLING news about ADERANS RESEARCH INSTITUTE.

They are shutting down their laboratories and auctioning ALL their equipments. The auction starts on 11th July 2013 and the starting bid is US $10 million...

Is this the end of Ji Gami?

<A VERY SILENT SIGH>

__________________________________________________ _________________

Here's the link:

Comment

• Boldy
                        • Jan 2013

Are you sure this is legit?

Comment

• Desmond84
                          • Oct 2012

Yeah Boldy. It is unfortunately

It's the end of an era unfortunately. My hat off to them for giving it a shot.

Comment

• bananana
                            Inactive
                            • Feb 2012

holy s***.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Desmond84
                              Yeah Boldy. It is unfortunately

It's the end of an era unfortunately. My hat off to them for giving it a shot.
                              I saw this coming.

They were stuck in phase 2 for like forever. Whilst it took histogen a fraction of the time to get there.

That's a BIG red flag.

Comment

• Desmond84
                                • Oct 2012

They fought for us for over ELEVEN long years. Regardless of the outcome, it is only fair to thank them and shake their hands for trying every possible way they could imagine to battle MPB. It is an honour to have these great minds fighting for us. A great thank you to:
                                • Dr Ken WASHENIK
                                • Dr Kurt STENN
                                • Mr Vern LIEBERMAN
                                • Dr Anthony ATALA
                                • Dr. Cheng-Ming CHUONG
                                • Dr. Leon WILKINS
                                • Dr. Jeffrey TEUMER
                                • Dr. Steven BOYCE
                                • Mr Howard WEINTRAUB
                                • And all the other ARI employees who were involved in this truly futuristic and ambitious therapy.

THE FIGHT WILL GO ON AND WE WILL FIND THE ANSWER.

As the great Thomas Edison once said:

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

Comment

Working...