Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by thatkidd
    I started losing my hair around 17. I would get on Propecia ASAP. For most people this seems to halt hairloss. I never had any sides on it. However, now it seems to have stopped working and I'm losing a decent amount of hair. My hair is extremely unhealthy and it really sucks...

Thinking about getting a hairpiece now as that seems to be the only viable option.
    CB-03-01 is probably your best bet. Also up to four times a effective as finasteride without side effects. At this point if you value your hair you'll give it a shot.

Comment

• Cob984
      • Sep 2012

where u getting your CB from hellouser, do u have a RU like manufacturing guide for it and have you seen results with your CB yet?

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Cob984
        where u getting your CB from hellouser, do u have a RU like manufacturing guide for it and have you seen results with your CB yet?
        CB can be acquired from Kane, but make sure it is Form 3 as otherwise it will not dissolve, thus will not penetrate through skin and therefor be completely useless. You may as well use snake oil at that point.

CB's vehicle is fairly simple; 50/50 Everclear/PG or 0.1ml of Oleyl and 0.9ml of PG. Howerver, DMI/DMSO and other creams may also prove effective, however we still don't know.

Comment

• Desmond84
          • Oct 2012

Hey guys,

I finally got my hands on what Dr Stenn & Wu are presenting at the Hair Research Congress! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Aderans Phase 2 trial!

This was a side project and was an animal study!

Here's the abstract for those that want to read it:

Full-thickness skin with mature and cycling hair follicles using tissue culture expanded human cells

X Wu, L Scott and K Stenn
          Aderans Research Institute, Inc, Marietta, GA

Regeneration of hair follicles utilizing tissue cultured expanded human dermal and epidermal cells has been a long-term challenge. Although a recent report described human hair follicle formation
          within a skin equivalent containing TSCII mutant skin fibroblast cells, the hair shafts formed were abnormal. Here, we report the formation of skin with robust hair follicle growth using dissociated and cultured human scalp dermal cells combined with cultured neonatal foreskin keratinocytes.

Our results show a full-thickness skin containing mature epidermis, dermis as well as subcutis. The regenerated hair follicles show normally layered sheaths with sebaceous glands, arrector pili muscles, dermal papilla, and mature hair shafts. The follicles show anagen, catagen and telogen forms.

We demonstrated that the regenerated skin and the hair follicles therein (including interfolliclular and follicular epidermis, dermal fibroblasts, papilla and dermal sheath) are of human origin. Staining with differentiation markers documented good follicular and interfollicular epidermal maturation and regenerated interfollicular and follicular epidermis with distinct differentiated layers. Interestingly, human antigen positive sweat glands, vessels and neurons were present in the skin grafts, a novel finding. Time-course analysis shows that neogenesis of human hair follicles recapitulates embryonic morphogenesis.

Finally, we show that the reconstituted skin can maintain human features for at least 1 year after grafting, and that it is able to heal with human cells after injury. In summary, our findings have four implications:

1. Tissue cultured expanded human cells can indeed produce mature skin with subcutis and fully developed cycling, shaft-forming hair follicles and eccrine glands;

2. Closer study of this system will allow mechanistic insights into human skin and appendage physiology and morphogenesis;

3. This system will allow for new laboratory models of skin disorders using patient or mutated cells and,

4. The method will accelerate the generation of a complete skin for clinical applications.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Oh well, I suppose Aderans is still keeping their mouths sealed on what they are seeing in their Phase 2 results! Very frustrating....

Comment

• garethbale
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Desmond84
            Hey guys,

I finally got my hands on what Dr Stenn & Wu are presenting at the Hair Research Congress! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Aderans Phase 2 trial!

This was a side project and was an animal study!

Here's the abstract for those that want to read it:

Full-thickness skin with mature and cycling hair follicles using tissue culture expanded human cells

X Wu, L Scott and K Stenn
            Aderans Research Institute, Inc, Marietta, GA

Regeneration of hair follicles utilizing tissue cultured expanded human dermal and epidermal cells has been a long-term challenge. Although a recent report described human hair follicle formation
            within a skin equivalent containing TSCII mutant skin fibroblast cells, the hair shafts formed were abnormal. Here, we report the formation of skin with robust hair follicle growth using dissociated and cultured human scalp dermal cells combined with cultured neonatal foreskin keratinocytes.

Our results show a full-thickness skin containing mature epidermis, dermis as well as subcutis. The regenerated hair follicles show normally layered sheaths with sebaceous glands, arrector pili muscles, dermal papilla, and mature hair shafts. The follicles show anagen, catagen and telogen forms.

We demonstrated that the regenerated skin and the hair follicles therein (including interfolliclular and follicular epidermis, dermal fibroblasts, papilla and dermal sheath) are of human origin. Staining with differentiation markers documented good follicular and interfollicular epidermal maturation and regenerated interfollicular and follicular epidermis with distinct differentiated layers. Interestingly, human antigen positive sweat glands, vessels and neurons were present in the skin grafts, a novel finding. Time-course analysis shows that neogenesis of human hair follicles recapitulates embryonic morphogenesis.

Finally, we show that the reconstituted skin can maintain human features for at least 1 year after grafting, and that it is able to heal with human cells after injury. In summary, our findings have four implications:

1. Tissue cultured expanded human cells can indeed produce mature skin with subcutis and fully developed cycling, shaft-forming hair follicles and eccrine glands;

2. Closer study of this system will allow mechanistic insights into human skin and appendage physiology and morphogenesis;

3. This system will allow for new laboratory models of skin disorders using patient or mutated cells and,

4. The method will accelerate the generation of a complete skin for clinical applications.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Oh well, I suppose Aderans is still keeping their mouths sealed on what they are seeing in their Phase 2 results! Very frustrating....

That is annoying. I have to say that Aderans' communication skills with stakeholders and interested parties is absolutely abysmal

At least Histogen bother to reply, even if they are evasive with their answers

Comment

• Desmond84
              • Oct 2012

I don't know if you noticed but the first sentence:

"Regeneration of hair follicles utilizing tissue cultured expanded human dermal and epidermal cells has been a long-term challenge."

is what Aderans Ji Gami all about!

If this method has proven challenging in terms of regenerating hair follicles then we can kind of conclude what they are seeing in their Phase 2 trials!

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

I'll make my conclusions about Aderan's presentation when the presentation actually happens.

As for their clinical trials, they badly need to hurry the hell up.

Comment

• youngin
                  • Nov 2010

"Regeneration of hair follicles utilizing tissue cultured expanded human dermal and epidermal cells has been a long-term challenge."

Lets not get too distressed about one statement until we hear the results of Phase 2. "Has been" could also mean a past event.

Comment

• Thinning87
                    • Dec 2012

If this method has proven challenging in terms of regenerating hair follicles then we can kind of conclude what they are seeing in their Phase 2 trials!
                    Well if I understand what they are saying, and it's likely that I don't, they are outlining a breakthrough in relation to this problem they describe in the introduction. They finally seem to have found a way around what was the problem holding them back, and they will be running other experiments to confirm/extend the benefits of this.

If this is correct, it seems to me like this could be not just A major breakthrough for ARI, but THE breakthrough for ARI, as again it seems to me they are saying this is the problem that has been holding them back.

Things can only get better guys, I know it seems like a dream and like this is being overoptimistic, but eventually they will have a cure because I can't believe that, with all these new studies and technologies being developed by REAL scientists, none of them will result in a cure.

Comment

• Joker
                      • Aug 2012

The Aderans parent company published the yearly synopsis for their shareholders meeting today. It didn't even mention the Aderans Research Institute (in prior years, ARI is usually mentioned). That seems like a bad sign. I wish Spencer would get on this. He said over a year ago that Washenik agreed to talk to him, and continually intimates that progress is being made in this area, but honestly I think he's wrong about this one. ARI, by all objective and observable measures, is not a healthy company. There is no official indication that the technology is headed for Phase 3, and Washenik has been presenting the same data (from the first series of clinical studies) since June 2010. Spencer, can you throw us a lifeline or give us a clue here? Things aren't looking good... I wish Dr. W would grant an interview or ARI would publish a press release or something.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by Joker
                        The Aderans parent company published the yearly synopsis for their shareholders meeting today. It didn't even mention the Aderans Research Institute (in prior years, ARI is usually mentioned). That seems like a bad sign. I wish Spencer would get on this. He said over a year ago that Washenik agreed to talk to him, and continually intimates that progress is being made in this area, but honestly I think he's wrong about this one. ARI, by all objective and observable measures, is not a healthy company. There is no official indication that the technology is headed for Phase 3, and Washenik has been presenting the same data (from the first series of clinical studies) since June 2010. Spencer, can you throw us a lifeline or give us a clue here? Things aren't looking good... I wish Dr. W would grant an interview or ARI would publish a press release or something.
                        They're just finishing up Phase II.

Comment

• StinkySmurf
                          • Dec 2012

This is just the announcement of the date for the annual board meeting, not the board meeting itself.

May 22nd is the actual date

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Joker
                            Aderans will be attending the International Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting in May - we will find out then what they're up to and what they have achieved.

Comment

• Joker
                              • Aug 2012

We have already established that the Aderans reps at the international meetings will not be discussing their trials (and they never have). Further, what was released today is all of the information to be discussed at the meeting (they issue it beforehand).

Comment

• UK_
                                • Feb 2011

Can you link me the information and where it states this is 'all' of what they will be presenting.

Comment

Working...