Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gandolf
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk
    No he has always said, step by step. But to be honest I don't need to ask him.

Simple maths can answer this. Assuming my original bald area is 100cm2 exlcuding my hairline area which I may thicken up on my last procedure...

100cm2 attempting to get 50 grafts per cm2, so 5000 grafts.

I should be upto 4600 by late this year. Anything else after that is a bonus.
    That must be quite a good feeling, especially after basically getting a "doom and gloom" analysis from other clinics.

Comment

• gc83uk
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Gandolf
      That must be quite a good feeling, especially after basically getting a "doom and gloom" analysis from other clinics.
      Fantastic feeling, I know I'm on the way to recovery. Also buzzing my hair is the best thing I've done even with the minimal amount of hair. It will be life changing for me and that is no exaggeration.

I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner.

I just hope this gives others some hope, especially young people going through LPP or similar scaring alopecia or burns for that matter.

Comment

• Oct 2011

I just hope this gives others some hope...
        Hopefully not - could cause too much psychos on hairloss forums as soon as they see 1 white dot in their donor area.

Comment

• maxhair
          • Oct 2011

Put all the pictures in order, in one post!

We want to see the same follicles pre op, circled and numbered and shot in the same light from the same angle and at the same hair length as the shots post op.

Then, we want to know where the extractions get placed in the recipient zone.
          For example, 'extraction 1 is now clearly visible in recipient 1' and so on. So we can see if they've taken, and become more robust over the months as Gho claims, and at what precise cost to the individual donor follicles they've been splintered from.

Come on people.

You spend your life on this blog, so don't just circle jerk - get the evidence in order (if you have it).

Comment

• gc83uk
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by maxhair

We want to see the same follicles pre op, circled and numbered and shot in the same light from the same angle and at the same hair length as the shots post op.

Then, we want to know where the extractions get placed in the recipient zone.
            For example, 'extraction 1 is now clearly visible in recipient 1' and so on. So we can see if they've taken, and become more robust over the months as Gho claims, and at what precise cost to the individual donor follicles they've been splintered from.

Come on people.

You spend your life on this blog, so don't just circle jerk - get the evidence in order (if you have it).
            Why don't you do it?

A please might have been nice too!

Comment

• gc83uk
              • Nov 2011

You can do this. It has been done in a previous thread before the 3rd HST, so it shouldn't take you long to add the last set of photos if your looking to contribute.

Who is we?

And this is already done pal. Surely you have seen this?

Comment

• maxhair
                • Oct 2011

I am prepared to do a fifty hair test, shoot the video, and take the proper photos, and get some tattoo dot reference points where necessary, but only if the procedure is free, because after all it is still in its experimental, entirely unproven stage.

Would people like to see that?

Comment

• JJJJrS
                  • Apr 2012

FFS, maxhair, I didn't even complete the analysis yet. I just thought it would be interesting to show a small preview of it. Give me some time, start actually reading the posts, and everything will be posted and clear in short time. If you're impatient or don't trust me, you can do exactly what I'm doing with the photos gc83uk provided and judge things for yourself.

Anyway, gc83uk, I'm still analysing the photos from your 3rd procedure. The pictures I posted were from the 2nd procedure (Day 2 and Day 15) and the 3rd procedure (Day -1 or Month 9 of the 2nd procedure). It's totally up to you, but do you have any plans to shave the donor area again? Check out this post for information:

Comment

• JJJJrS
                    • Apr 2012

I am prepared to do a fifty hair test, shoot the video, and take the proper photos, and get some tattoo dot reference points where necessary, but only if the procedure is free, because after all it is still in its experimental, entirely unproven stage.

I heard he doesn't do a 50 graft test anymore except for really difficult cases. You definitely won't get it for free either.

Here's my idea though. Spencer Kobren said he's going to visit HASCI (Gho's clinic) sometime this year according to their last interview. What I plan to do, and I'd encourage you to do the same, is to ask Spencer Kobren to film the procedure and do exactly what you said: a small 50-100 graft procedure. The hairs are extracted from a small, marked area in the donor and implanted in a small, marked area in the recipient. This would allow us to focus on both the donor and recipient while making an analysis manageable.

Comment

• gc83uk
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by JJJJrS
                      FFS, maxhair, I didn't even complete the analysis yet. I just thought it would be interesting to show a small preview of it. Give me some time, start actually reading the posts, and everything will be posted and clear in short time. If you're impatient or don't trust me, you can do exactly what I'm doing with the photos gc83uk provided and judge things for yourself.

Anyway, gc83uk, I'm still analysing the photos from your 3rd procedure. The pictures I posted were from the 2nd procedure (Day 2 and Day 15) and the 3rd procedure (Day -1 or Month 9 of the 2nd procedure). It's totally up to you, but do you have any plans to shave the donor area again? Check out this post for information:

Been meaning to reply to your posts, but getting distracted by nonsense.

Yes mate, I'm planning on trimming it down to a 1 again I'll prob do it tomorrow evening. I'll take some pics and I'll know myself immediately if the hairs are too long, if they are I'll take it even shorter. Number 1 should be fine though.

And thank you once again! Great stuff!

Comment

• Gandolf
                        • Sep 2011

It will be life changing for me and that is no exaggeration.

I'm just sorry I didn't do it sooner.
                        Oh I have no trouble believing you that it is life changing. I have just some recession in the hairline and minor thinning on top, nowhere near as bad as your initial pictures looked obviously since you had an out-of-the-ordinary condition, and for me it will be life changing as well if I am ever willing to take the plunge and also get the results that I want.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned earlier, but what caused your scarring alopecia and for how long have you been living with the condition. How old are you now?
                        I just hope this gives others some hope, especially young people going through LPP or similar scaring alopecia or burns for that matter.
                        This does give a lot of people, myself included, a lot of hope. Your willingness to document your precedure on this forum is hugely appreciated.

And you seem like a very grounded and non-biased person, if I come across sceptical in some of my posts please understand you I don't doubt that you personally are being as honest as possible with the community.

Unfortunately, we have one member here on this forum who has made the open discussion and analysis of HST very difficult due to the inability to tolerate other people with other viewpoints.

Comment

• Gandolf
                          • Sep 2011

Not only would most of us love to see it but there'd probably be enough willingness among everyone to chip in and cover the costs to be able to see something like that.

Comment

• JJJJrS
                            • Apr 2012

Been meaning to reply to your posts, but getting distracted by nonsense.

Yes mate, I'm planning on trimming it down to a 1 again I'll prob do it tomorrow evening. I'll take some pics and I'll know myself immediately if the hairs are too long, if they are I'll take it even shorter. Number 1 should be fine though.

And thank you once again! Great stuff!
                            Great to hear!

The analysis is the least I can do after all the pictures and information you've shared

Comment

• didi
                              • Nov 2011

Cool, Maxhair can volunteer and get 50 grafts test done, Spencer Kobren can sponsor it, its only about 700 bucks

Gho cant say No to Spencer or else it will look like he is hiding something

It will finally solve HST mystery

JJ can you talk to spence about this, its brilliant idea

Comment

• maxhair
                                • Oct 2011

So, I ask again, does anyone here have the photos of the extraction site pre-extraction, shot at the same distance and angle and lighting and hair length with the follicular units circled and numbered?

It's rather important.

Do you have the missing photos in the sequence or not?

"I heard he doesn't do a 50 graft test anymore except for really difficult cases"

Mine is a difficult case. I'm nearly a N6 with below average donor density and some diffuse thinning in donor area leaving a smaller band of 'safe' area. The meds are slowing the baldness process, but only a little.

Not a suitable candidate for a traditional hair transplant.

I saw Gho a year ago, and he seemed to think he could operate on me.
                                My hair has got worse since then.

If he can do me, he can do most of you.

I have media training, so I can produce a short film, with ongoing close ups, including links to the photos.

- but I don't work for free.

Comment

Working...