Just kind of wanted to gather all these future treatments in one thread. There seems to be around 5-10 quality products being researched right now but not all of them seem to be working. Which do you think will work and when do you think it will launch?
- Currently in Phase II, almost 1 year results coming in December I believe. 12 week results here: http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf
: This one excites me the most, haven't seen side affects, seems like a great solution for moderate(or more) balding men, at the very least could put you up one Norwood. Doesn't sound super expensive either from what i've heard(hopefully).
- Expected to clear phase II quickly, seems very similar to minoxidil maybe slightly more effect. Already cleared for eyebrow growth I believe.
: Good alternative to Minoxidil, might be slightly more effective but don't think this will cure anything at all.
- in Phase II I believe, very dissapointing results recently, best responder had something like 15% increase in density, although this is only after 6 months.http://www.replicel.com/our-science/...science-works/
- probably 2018-2020 if at all
: not a great solution so far, very mediocre early results, tells me this one will take along time if it's going to work at all.
Neogenic by L’Oréal
- not in any phase, marketed as a cosmetic product. expected to "increase hair density"
- launching Sept. 2012.
: most likely a money grabber, could be worth a try but with no science/trials behind it it's hard to trust this kind of product.
- apparently lowers(or inhibits?) PGD2 levels. Theory that balding/bald men have much higher PGD2 levels than non-balding men. really don't know much on this one. Some kind of chemical.
- well it's being made right now i believe?
: the theory sounds great, it's very possible that it could work, there just needs to be more tests with it!
- Currently in Phase II. cell-based hair reproduction. Sounds more like an upgrade to hair transplants out there(leaves no scar) takes hair from donor area and multiplies it.
: could be a much better solution than current HT procedures, I don't believe it leaves a noticable scar so it would be even in that sense alone better than current HT's.
That's all i've gathered so far, if i missed any big ones let me know. I think Histogen and Aderans are the ones most likely to actually work/be released, not so convinced with the other ones! what's your opinion?