ACell, a Current Review of Applications in Hair Transplant Surgery

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kiwi
    • Mar 2011

Oh and for the record I don't give a crap about who is right or wrong. I just want to read what the pros have to say about Acell. And I don't want to read your banter, caps lock ridden argumentative crap. From either of you.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

So how about Dr Cole remains "accurate"

Here is another link from Dr Bernstein, he seems confident and he pursues plucking WTF but i was under the impression that "Where is the science" was more important then go for it. Anyways guys here is a link i hope you enjoy this

qUK please stop with insulting people you keep the hate flames burning when they were almost gone

@Kiwi : I hope that this Link is something which floats your boat :-) and please dont name me in one sentence with the person UK this seems to insult me ;-)

Comment

• plopp
        • Dec 2010

Great find Rich! Always nice to have another top doc on the team

Comment

• Gubter_87
          • Aug 2010

Yeah seriously guys just lay off now. You have already ruined pages and pages of this thread, hopefully it'll be able to recover. But we're all sick of your pointless bantering, so please for this threads sake just stop. Continue over PM, if you really can't hold off.

Comment

• Kiwi
            • Mar 2011

Cheers Rich. I agree, it is good to see more docs jumping on the band wagon. It means that the science is at worst, worth exploring more, at least from a personal investment point of view. (in the sense that these docs are investing their own time and money on it)

At best sometime in the future hopefully this tech improves our donor area significantly - sadly, in my opinion, I've run out of donor hair to be a test candidate. So I am going to wait until there are hundreds of before / after shots online before I take the risk.

In the meantime I'm saving for another procedure. I'm looking to get another 2-3K FUE implants. Unless Histogen invite me to be one of their guinea pigs :P

Comment

• Kiwi
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Gubter_87
              Yeah seriously guys just lay off now. You have already ruined pages and pages of this thread, hopefully it'll be able to recover. But we're all sick of your pointless bantering, so please for this threads sake just stop. Continue over PM, if you really can't hold off.
              lol - actually the administrators could probably delete pages 15-50 of this thread without any great loss to the community of this website.

+1 - I also vote that any further debating is taken to personal messages

Comment

• UK_
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                Whatever floats your boat man. This thread should be renamed;

ACell, a repetitive conversation between Richard and UK.
                But that still fails to address the substance behind my post, nobody on here can prove to me that Dr Cole's statement was an inaccurate one, NOBODY, not you not him not me - NOBODY.

That's how pointless this discussion really is, I just find it hilarious that nobody on this board can even see that.

"“The medical research we are performing is important because it may lead to hair multiplication as a way to increase a person’s supply of donor hair. "

This still does not refute Dr Cole's statement, but offers the ONLY hope of it ever being answered there is still no evidence for Acell/Hair Cloning but thank the LORD OF ALL HEAVENS we finally have a bloody controlled study into this!

This is all I want to see!!!!

"Controlled studies are the best way to increase the objectivity of the research and insure the validity of the results."

...What ive been saying all along, and the fundamental basis that Dr Coles comment rests upon; SHOW ME THE SCIENCE.

Also covered here:

This does look promising, I am so pleased to finally see a controlled study into Acell!

Comment

• Kiwi
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                  But that still fails to address the substance behind my post, nobody on here can prove to me that Dr Cole's statement was an inaccurate one, NOBODY, not you not him not me - NOBODY.

This is all I want to see!!!!

This does look promising, I am so pleased to finally see a controlled study into Acell!
                  But you still fail to see that we don't care. You fail to see this is a conversation between you and UK now, whereas previously it was a conversation on ACell.

I actually kind of agree with you about one thing, and that is I wish Dr Cole jumped in here 10 days ago and answered all the questions - that would have killed all this in its tracks.

And of course the controlled study gets a massive thumbs up from me!!

Comment

• LarryDavid
                    • Feb 2011

Since there will be an objective scientific study concerning Acell, finally both of you can shut up and just wait for the results

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kiwi
                      But you still fail to see that we don't care. You fail to see this is a conversation between you and UK now, whereas previously it was a conversation on ACell.
                      Excellent I wish it stayed that way from the beginning because I was right then and im right now, only the study can shut me up, and I hope it does.

But id love to hear an interview from Dr Bernstein after the summer to see if they're seeing any results, in-fact we should open another thread dedicated to this topic.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by LarryDavid
                        Since there will be an objective scientific study concerning Acell, finally both of you can shut up and just wait for the results
                        Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to see this!!!!!!

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                          Inactive
                          • Jan 2011

Ok you gotta be ****ing me right. The science was proven by Cole himself when he said without Acell Beard hairs 0% yield and with Acell 92% yield.

Dr Bernstein is a sceptical and realistic person, so if there would be no plausible science well i doubt he would actually put efford in this.

Also you should really stop to refer to an really old one time argument by one doc while others do experiments.

You know, if this wouldnt work or if there wouldnt be potential i highly doubt that anyone would ever use this.

But i stop here before it gets out of hand again. The discussion is not pointless your same old stories are, especially with your story, february registered and all you do is jumping on Acell etc. Odd at best.

Also you didnt mention the most important part

"These parts can either be from hairs derived from plucking or from follicles which have been purposely cut into sections. Generally, damaged follicular units will stop growing hairs. However, there is anecdotal evidence that an extracellular matrix applied to partial follicles may stimulate whole follicles to grow and, when applied to wounds, may stimulate the body’s cells to heal the damaged tissue. "

So your science will be born be "experimenting" and not by saying "Where is the science" and then close the book to let others do stuff :-)

Comment

• UK_
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
                            Ok you gotta be ****ing me right. The science was proven by Cole himself when he said without Acell Beard hairs 0% yield and with Acell 92% yield.

Dr Bernstein is a sceptical and realistic person, so if there would be no plausible science well i doubt he would actually put efford in this.

Also you should really stop to refer to an really old one time argument by one doc while others do experiments.

You know, if this wouldnt work or if there wouldnt be potential i highly doubt that anyone would ever use this.

But i stop here before it gets out of hand again. The discussion is not pointless your same old stories are, especially with your story, february registered and all you do is jumping on Acell etc. Odd at best.

Also you didnt mention the most important part

"These parts can either be from hairs derived from plucking or from follicles which have been purposely cut into sections. Generally, damaged follicular units will stop growing hairs. However, there is anecdotal evidence that an extracellular matrix applied to partial follicles may stimulate whole follicles to grow and, when applied to wounds, may stimulate the body’s cells to heal the damaged tissue. "

So your science will be born be "experimenting" and not by saying "Where is the science" and then close the book to let others do stuff :-)
                            We shall see .

The key word in that quotation you sprawled across your post is "anecdotal", anecdotal means a short account of an incidence, reason I say that is because many doctors have already adopted the use of Acell/PRP and even months later we're still stuck with the "anecdotal evidence" lol.

There is anecdotal evidence for a number of things, saw plametto, the hair max laser comb yadda yadda yadda, but what makes a procedure significant in my books is one that provides the KEY scientific data, that means a controlled analysis into safety and efficacy. How do you know that PRP/Acell is safe for use in the scalp? How do you know if it is effective? Because it worked on a few patients in 2008 at growing a dozen fine whiskers in the crown? LOL you cannot under any circumstance judge the 'ultimate' efficacy of a treatment in any way shape or form on mere anecdotal evidence, YOU NEED SCIENCE - so once again, for the 10th time: SHOW ME THE SCIENCE. Regarding safety: I dont recall it being FDA cleared for hair restoration mate Another aspect of importance is whether the treatment is more effective (by that I mean a number of variables) than current treatments, i.e. Propecia, Minoxidil, FUE etc etc, otherwise it is as good as the laser comb in your garage gathering dust.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2011

Regarding Minox and Fin you should pay attention to this ncbhi site there are fine examples of WHAT those two miracle drugs can actually do.

The question " Where is the science" is irrelevand, just irrelevant. Those anecdotal experiences, well name me the doctors?

Cause 92% vs 0% from your praised Dr Cole, seem to me more then just anecdotal.

You dont get the point with your Internet Chat World of Warcraft Meme talk.

When hairs are cut in pieces they normally dont grow but with Acell they do, so what is anecdotal about this.

But just name me the doctors who are still trapped with "anecdotal" stuff. Yes say the name, do you mean Dr Cole?

How i know this? Well just look at Dr Coles forum there you see it.

Seriously i hate people who use LOL that often, are you 13 or what? So what science do you want? The science from 8 years ago where people described this? Or do you wanna read Gho papers where he also described that stuff.

If you would understand how an ECM works and what the characteristics of hair are, you wouldnt ask for "Science" you would ask for docs to move on faster.

Great you compare Minox, Fin and FUE and a laser comb. What is it again ahh yes apples and oranges.

Minox is a toppic
                              Fin a pill
                              FUE a hairtransplant
                              Laser comb some stupid stuff from whateveritcamefrom

Acell in its combination is regenerative medicine those are different things.

And i have to agree with one poster, why hasnt Dr Cole chime in about 10 days before? I mean he started the whole thing with his "Where is the science"

Comment

• Bakez
                                • Dec 2010

Jesus christ

just shut up

Comment

Working...