+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    OP: Your story 100% mirrors my experience with Niz. My hairloss was pretty stable as well when I added Niz to my regimen. I stayed on it for about 6 months before I read a post from Spex where he mentioned that Niz can be bad for certain people and cause massive shedding. When I would apply Rogaine at night, I would find at least 10 hairs in my hands. Well, about a month after discontinuing Niz I find 0-2 hairs in my hands (and most of the time zero).

The good news is your hair should grow back after you discontinue using it. My hair looks WAY better than it did while I was using Niz. I hope you have the same experience after you stop using it.
    thank you very much for reporting your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    thank you very much for reporting your experience.

I think what I am experiencing is not shedding loss, but Nizoral just fryed the hell out of my hair even using it every 4 days or more.

That's why they look a lot more thin and the texture is just shit. Also, immediately after I use Nizoral they look thick, but the next day as soon as the cosmetic effect wears off they look awful.
    You know what, now that I think about it, I did notice an annoying change in texture when I got on keto shampoo. That "fried" look definitely rings a bell.

These days it's much better but my washing routine is very different. Back then I used keto shampoo 3-4 times weekly, and on off days I was using dercos shampoo. Now I use keto 1-2 times weekly, and on most off days I don't use any chemical at all. Just running water and rubbing. Once in awhile if I really feel the need, I'll use sulfate-free glycerin soap (unless of course it's a keto day).
    I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it's actually working well for me. My scalp seems to produce considerably less oil/sebum now, and the texture of my hair is pretty good at this point. In fact my hair stays cleaner longer; when I used shampoos every day I would have noticeable buildup on my scalp by the next day.
    I'm not saying this would work for you (it sounds like maybe you should talk to a doctor about your symptoms), but truth be told, I'm starting to think that most people do not need to shampoo every day by any means. (People who need to rinse out minoxidil, keratin fibers, etc. are probably a different story though)

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    You know what, now that I think about it, I did notice an annoying change in texture when I got on keto shampoo. That "fried" look definitely rings a bell.

These days it's much better but my washing routine is very different. Back then I used keto shampoo 3-4 times weekly, and on off days I was using dercos shampoo. Now I use keto 1-2 times weekly, and on most off days I don't use any chemical at all. Just running water and rubbing. Once in awhile if I really feel the need, I'll use sulfate-free glycerin soap (unless of course it's a keto day).
    I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it's actually working well for me. My scalp seems to produce considerably less oil/sebum now, and the texture of my hair is pretty good at this point. In fact my hair stays cleaner longer; when I used shampoos every day I would have noticeable buildup on my scalp by the next day.
    I'm not saying this would work for you (it sounds like maybe you should talk to a doctor about your symptoms), but truth be told, I'm starting to think that most people do not need to shampoo every day by any means. (People who need to rinse out minoxidil, keratin fibers, etc. are probably a different story though)
    I agree that often daily shampoo is not needed.

In fact, I've been using nizoral and nothing else. Just water on the off days.

I was a HUGE sebum producer, but using nizoral my sebum production crashed dramatically.

The last time I used nizoral was almost 4 days ago, and my hair are still dry and skinny looking.
    The scalp is shiny though.

I'm going to try an hair conditioner starting tomorrow. And trash nizoral, obviously.

I was a HUGE sebum producer, but using nizoral my sebum production crashed dramatically.

The last time I used nizoral was almost 4 days ago, and my hair are still dry and skinny looking.

I'm going to try an hair conditioner starting tomorrow. And trash nizoral, obviously.
    I experienced the same thing when I used revita. Lost ground without shedding.

Keto-burn.

After one wash with niz my head hurt; scalp can tolerate regenpure which has keto in it.

I'm someone who is prone to very irritated scalp. Ever since I was 12 or 13 my scalp would get severely red and inflamed.

Since about age 16 I've been using Head and Shoulders anti-dandruff 2-in-1 and it has kept the inflammation down. I still have bad dandruff though.

I use Nizoral when I find the time, but it always seems to add like 10 minutes to my showers so I don't use it very often. When I do use it though, my scalp feels amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I experienced the same thing when I used revita. Lost ground without shedding.

Keto-burn.

After one wash with niz my head hurt; scalp can tolerate regenpure which has keto in it.

must be the other harsh ingredients, like the hydrochloridic acid (sorry 4 the spelling )

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    I'm someone who is prone to very irritated scalp. Ever since I was 12 or 13 my scalp would get severely red and inflamed.

Since about age 16 I've been using Head and Shoulders anti-dandruff 2-in-1 and it has kept the inflammation down. I still have bad dandruff though.

I use Nizoral when I find the time, but it always seems to add like 10 minutes to my showers so I don't use it very often. When I do use it though, my scalp feels amazing.
    How long do you leave it in? I just bought a bottle of 1%. I don't remember it working all that well before, but I have been getting that darn "rogaine dandruff" ever since I went back to the 5% version.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    How long do you leave it in? I just bought a bottle of 1%. I don't remember it working all that well before, but I have been getting that darn "rogaine dandruff" ever since I went back to the 5% version.
    I actively rub it into my scalp for 3-5 mins. I then follow it up by using conditioner, which I actively rub through my hair for 3-5 mins.

I've been diagnosed last month with serborheic dermatitis in conjuction iwth MPB . However I've been using Keto shamppo with 2% keto for a year now but not on a regular basis. Sometimes I would put it twice a week and sometimes I wouldn't use it for a month. It didn't do anything for me. It didn't stop the shedding and it didn't cure the dermatitis and it didn't make the shedding worse either.

I just started Nizoral, per its constant mention on this site. Mondays I shampoo with sulfate-free Aveeno and finish with their sulfate-free conditioner, and then on Fridays I use Nizoral followed by the Aveeno conditioner.

I don't know if it's doing anything for my MPB or hurting it, but I'm happier with how my hair looks, hands down.

I think a lot of people overwash their hair every week -- you want your natural oils to build up for a time on your scalp. It's good for you!