Neogenic by L’Oréal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rm056789
    • Jun 2012

Although not even close to being a model for hair growth,tThis paper may have some insights into the possible correlation b/w prostaglandins and hypoxia inducible factor 1...may be an overlap with latanoprost?

These findings suggest that the transcription factor HIF-1alpha is involved in the up-regulation of mPGES-1 and may therefore play an important role in the metabolism of OA cartilage.

Hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha is involved in the prostaglandin metabolism of osteoarthritic cartilage through up-regulation of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase 1 in articular chondrocytes.
    Grimmer C, Pfander D, Swoboda B, Aigner T, Mueller L, Hennig FF, Gelse K.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
      • Jul 2011

I dont get it

1,700 new hairs is significant.. 4% density is not.... which is it? both?

and the new hairs.. they arent really new are they? they're just former hairs being pushed into the growth phase?

Comment

• LPSboxing
        • May 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
        I dont get it

1,700 new hairs is significant.. 4% density is not.... which is it? both?

and the new hairs.. they arent really new are they? they're just former hairs being pushed into the growth phase?
        so, for a thinning man it would be equivalent of having a HT of 850 follicular units all over? ( assuming that each FU has 2 hair )

Comment

• gmonasco
          Inactive
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
          1,700 new hairs or 4% density? how are these the same thing?
          The original says it increased capillary density (not hair density) by 4%, for a gain of 1,700 hairs. Presumably they mean that increased capillary density on the scalp promotes hair growth.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

Another journalist who hasnt got a clue about what hes talking about.

This is what causes problematic hype in the hair loss industry: IDIOTS.

Comment

• Kirby_
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by UK_
              http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...e-for-baldness

Another journalist who hasnt got a clue about what hes talking about.
              Churnalism has a lot to answer for...

Comment

• kanyon
                • Jan 2011

Is this product a topical solution like Regaine or a shampoo?

Comment

• UK_
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kanyon
                  Is this product a topical solution like Regaine or a shampoo?
                  Yes lmfao topical lotion that apparently will help with hair loss - nobody knows where this stemoxybullshitdine comes from or how they made it, probably rat semen for all we know.

Replicel and tokyo researchers are our only hope.

David Hall is realistic, he doesnt create over-hype and he is honest about results - people take that as a negative because all they want is to plug their black veins with more hype.

Comment

• moore
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by UK_
                    Yes lmfao topical lotion that apparently will help with hair loss - nobody knows where this stemoxybullshitdine comes from or how they made it, probably rat semen for all we know.

Replicel and tokyo researchers are our only hope.

David Hall is realistic, he doesnt create over-hype and he is honest about results - people take that as a negative because all they want is to plug their black veins with more hype.
                    Agree. David Hall sound far more humble at least.

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

David Bailey, a leading UK Trichologist and now retired said, “I can’t see how this treatment can help. There are basically three stages to the hair cycle: Anagen (growing phase), Catagen (resting phase) which lasts about three months, and Telogen (falling out phase). It would seem that this treatment works on shortening the Catagen phase, which is only three months, and would not stop the hair loss process which reduces the Anagen phase.”

Bummer.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by moore
                        Agree. David Hall sound far more humble at least.
                        Yes even though Replicel at the 6 month mark beat Propecia and Minox together hands down - David Hall was still humble about his victory - just because he didnt come on and load everyone with the hype they were begging for everyone responded with anger and said it was a failure, like a hoard of dope addicts that didnt get their fix.

Fact remains Replicel beat minox and propecia at the six month mark and this wasnt even a study for efficacy.

Comment

• Artista
                          • Apr 2010

Hey joe

I'm very surprised that 'Joe from Staten Island' has not weighed in on this important L'Oreal topic. Joe has been very enthusiastic about its September product release.
                          Please people,,don't castigate him. Joe please contribute to this thread. Ive been reading up on L'Oreal's upcoming product. I have to say that it is interesting. Minoxidil works, but only to a certain extent and it too is merely a topical application/treatment.
                          Id love it if UFO's really existed too but until i see physical proof, its all just talk right now.

Comment

• MrBlonde
                            • Jul 2012

So for someone like me, who is in the early stages of MPB, and still has a decent ampount but hair thats starting to get very thin, would this be helpful to hang onto what I got?

Would Minox or Nizoral be better? I refuse to go near Fin.

Comment

• Maradona
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by MrBlonde
                              So for someone like me, who is in the early stages of MPB, and still has a decent ampount but hair thats starting to get very thin, would this be helpful to hang onto what I got?

Would Minox or Nizoral be better? I refuse to go near Fin.

This is the most bullshit treatment ever in the history of hairloss products sold in stores.

Why would it even get a thread here?

Comment

• bigentries
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
                                This is the most bullshit treatment ever in the history of hairloss products sold in stores.

Why would it even get a thread here?
                                There's been worst

1700 new hairs is not a cure, but it is significant.

Wait until september, if people waste hundreds of dollars in weird chemicals from obscure labs in China, there are going to be people willing to spend 90 euros on this crap

In a few months we'll see if this is a snake oil or not

Comment

Working...