PGD2, betamethasone valeratel, and hair growth....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
    I'm starting treatment now as I have some of the foam. Can anybody get ahold of the journal article? I'd like to know how often and how long the presecribed the use of the foam
    which one are you using?

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

I take Clobetasol Propionate ointment. My dermatologist prescribed it last month to treat the AA spots on my head.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
        I'm starting treatment now as I have some of the foam. Can anybody get ahold of the journal article? I'd like to know how often and how long the presecribed the use of the foam
        What foam are you talking about?

I wonder why my derm hasn't told me about this foam.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by gutted
          which one are you using?
          I'm going with the Clobetasol propionate foam because my little beta foam sample cans are spraying liquid and may have gone bad... I had this stuff prescribed two years ago. I also want to go with it because thats what they used in the above study.

patiently, how often do you use it? twice daily? and for how long can you use it? I've heard no more than a week, but the above experiment says it checked in after 12 weeks.

I think clobetasol and betamethasone are both options for what you have... its really a toss up what the derm would give you. My derm gave me both for something she couldnt determine. She thought maybe seb something, or maybe psorisis, or excema. I never had a follow up because the shampoo she gave me cleared my itch and scalp up... keta-whatever shampoo... works wonders on your scalp

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
            I take Clobetasol Propionate ointment. My dermatologist prescribed it last month to treat the AA spots on my head.
            where did you get the idea that you have AA? it looks like diffuse MPB to me...

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
              where did you get the idea that you have AA? it looks like diffuse MPB to me...
              My dermatologist diagnosed me with AA.

It's 100% AA. It started last year. I already had years with regular MPB, diagnosed with MPB by every doctor I saw. It was not an idea that I got, it's a fact. I have both MPB and AA.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                • Jan 2011

BTW the spots where I have AA, where completely hairless, just soft skin, not one hair. 4 injections of Corticosteroids throughout 4 months, brought hair to the spots, but it's still noticeable. Corticosteroids would not work on either MPB or Diffuse Thinners.

I wish it was just diffuse thinning. It would have been much easier.

Comment

• gutted
                  • Jan 2011

BTW the spots where I have AA, where completely hairless, just soft skin, not one hair. 4 injections of Corticosteroids throughout 4 months, brought hair to the spots, but it's still noticeable. Corticosteroids would not work on either MPB or Diffuse Thinners.

I wish it was just diffuse thinning. It would have been much easier.
                  have you tried antibiotics? or applying garlic/iodine to the aa patches.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by gutted
                    have you tried antibiotics? or applying garlic/iodine to the aa patches.
                    What kind of antibiotics?

No, I haven't used garlic or iodine on my hair. Or eggs or mayonnaise or any food that any one suggests for me to use. Lol.

Comment

• gutted
                      • Jan 2011

What kind of antibiotics?

No, I haven't used garlic or iodine on my hair. Or eggs or mayonnaise or any food that any one suggests for me to use. Lol.
                      AA is thought to be caused by bacteria/microbes.

iodonie/garlic have been used by AA patients for regrowth due to thier antibacterial properties.

anyway you'll probably benefit from some of these treatments posted in this thread.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

Corticosteroids would not work on either MPB or Diffuse Thinners.

why do you think this? especially when you consider we now know PGD2 is not only affecting AAs, but MPBs too.

Comment

• gutted
                          • Jan 2011

The present study showed that the use of garlic gel significantly added to the therapeutic efficacy of topical betamethasone valerate in alopecia areata and that it can be an effective adjunctive topical therapy for alopecia areata.

Comment

Working...