PGD2, betamethasone valeratel, and hair growth....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
    well then why don't you start taking some anti-inflammatories and grow some hair already?
    im working on it.

give me 5 months. ill come up with a potent regime.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by gutted
      looool.

its a risk some people are willing to take.

that foam is used for seb derm, im sure you have seb derm, every untreated balding person has seb derm.
      lol I'm willing to take it but I'm going to go about it properly and try not to die

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
        read up on side effects and the precautions of use for both foams. I know they always put the worst case scenario, but I'm not comfortable starting this tonight... sorry guys. A little more research.

Gutted, I'm not a member there, but feel free to "publish" my "findings" yourself lol... just properly cite me... academic honesty and all right?
        where can this be bought?

is this prescription only?

get 2020 to publish it, hes a member there.

Comment

• Jan 2012

if you can see vellus follicles in your hairline, you are safe, there is no scarring. if you cant see a single vellus follcile, it is scarred deep inside your scalp.
          explain your logic:

velus hair = follicle 1/20 of the original size = no scarring.
          invisible hair = follicle 1/30 of the original size = SCARRING.

WHY WOULD IT CHANGE? EXPLAIN ME NOW

if you are nw4 and stay there for 20 years it means you have unintentionaly prevented further damage/or your hormonal profile is balanced - that is why you are still at nw4.
          and if I have no family history of hair loss can I be an alcoholic, chain smoking, fast food addict who does heroin on the side? Will my "hormonal profile" be balanced then?

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

When you guys talk about "scarring," you are referring to actual scar tissue forming due to follicles miniaturizing?
            Why would that happen?

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

explain your logic:

velus hair = follicle 1/20 of the original size = no scarring.
              invisible hair = follicle 1/30 of the original size = SCARRING.

WHY WOULD IT CHANGE? EXPLAIN ME NOW

and if I have no family history of hair loss can I be an alcoholic, chain smoking, fast food addict who does heroin on the side? Will my "hormonal profile" be balanced then?
              the body is attacking your follicle (or something else) and the tissues surrounding it on an on and off, repeated basis leaving behind scar tissue or fibrosis, its been documented in research - this is a very very long process, it doesnt happen over night unless your baldness is aggressive. it takes many many years for this to happen.

but this scarring is reversible. i always have stated the hair can regenerate, it has to do this after every hair cycle, only something is stopping it from regenerating.

i didnt understand what you meant by your last parahgraph.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

how did they research it for AA but not for MPB?????

This has been given to people to apply to their scalp for a long time.. if it worked we'd know by now...

Comment

• Jan 2012

the body is attacking your follicle (or something else) and the tissues surrounding it on an on and off, repeated basis leaving behind scar tissue or fibrosis, its been documented in research - this is a very very long process, it doesnt happen over night unless your baldness is aggressive. it takes many many years for this to happen.

but this scarring is reversible. i always have stated the hair can regenerate, it has to do this after every hair cycle, only something is stopping it from regenerating.
                  okay and if that "something" is PGD2, why wouldn't blocking PGD2 work?

i didnt understand what you meant by your last parahgraph.
                  how do you explain millions of extremely unhealthy people with multiple chronic diseases who get to keep all of their hair? You think their hormones are still in balance?

Comment

• gutted
                    • Jan 2011

okay and if that "something" is PGD2, why wouldn't blocking PGD2 work?
                    i didnt say it wouldnt work.
                    it needs to be trialled asap.

i only stated cox2 and 5lox inhibition is the way to go because of my own personal experience i had.

how do you explain millions of extremely unhealthy people with multiple chronic diseases who get to keep all of their hair? You think their hormones are still in balance?
                    i cant give you all the answers but there are theories - theres a possible genetic component in the pattern distribution of sebglands and a gut microflora aspect to baldness - research equol, there are certain people in the population that can produce this - this binds to dht, rendering it useless.

hormones can and do flucatate, cholesterol is probably another factor that increases synthesis of 5 alpha reductase enzyme.

Comment

• gutted
                      • Jan 2011

how did they research it for AA but not for MPB?????

This has been given to people to apply to their scalp for a long time.. if it worked we'd know by now...
                      Alopecia Areata is not so much different from mpb, despite what other people may tell you, they both have an inflammotary element preventing hair from growing.
                      what grows hair for alopecia areata patients WILL grow hair for mob sufferers

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

research equol, there are certain people in the population that can produce this - this binds to dht, rendering it useless.

why aren't we shooting up with equal then?

Comment

• gutted
                          • Jan 2011

http://www.************/hair-loss-in...amethasone.htm

it seems this has a bunch of minor side effects too

Side effects: Note that betamethasone is not intended for long term use. If corticosteroids are used long-term, There is the possibility of systemic absorption with corticosteroids and result inside effects such as skin thinning, a decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands as well as a decrease in the production of collagen in our skin tissues. For this reason, continuous, long-term use of this medicine should be avoided wherever possible. Patients should avoid using betamethasone based hair products on a daily basis. Other side effects include:

dryness of the skin
                          acne
                          itching
                          burning
                          discoloration of the skin

Comment

• gutted
                            • Jan 2011

why aren't we shooting up with equal then?
                            eqoul probably wont give you regrowth, rather help keep what you have.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                              • Jul 2011

http://www.************/hair-loss-in...amethasone.htm

it seems this has a bunch of minor side effects too

Side effects: Note that betamethasone is not intended for long term use. If corticosteroids are used long-term, There is the possibility of systemic absorption with corticosteroids and result inside effects such as skin thinning, a decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands as well as a decrease in the production of collagen in our skin tissues. For this reason, continuous, long-term use of this medicine should be avoided wherever possible. Patients should avoid using betamethasone based hair products on a daily basis. Other side effects include:

dryness of the skin
                              acne
                              itching
                              burning
                              discoloration of the skin

I know. I'm not sure how to go about it. Would it be okay to use it once a week? twice a week? I'm not sure how to find this out... i doubt my dermatoligist would be willing to help in a home hairloss experiment with his prescription.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                                • Jul 2011

I got a bunch of test containers from my derm. Unfortunately not they are spurting liquid and no foam. I tried to shake them up but that didn't help either. The only way to get it is by prescription... I'm going to try to get a refill.

Comment

Working...