Addressing root cause of male pattern baldness: a well known approach? - Page 8 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 133
  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I would be all for you getting banned again. Your ѕhit is ridiculous; the amount of misinformation you try to spread is astounding,
    Your way off topic.

    FYI I have never spread misinformation and one day not too long from now I will come on here with the most comprehensive study ever conducted and at the very least I will expect an apology.

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I would be all for you getting banned again. Your ѕhit is ridiculous; the amount of misinformation you try to spread is astounding,

    so you dont think these mucles cause hair loss?
    http://images.corriere.it/salute/diz...ea_gallery.jpg

    Or this study is bogus?
    http://www.bmj.com/content/310/6990/1289.full

    An no aparent link to blood flow?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8628793

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Your way off topic.

    FYI I have never spread misinformation and one day not too long from now I will come on here with the most comprehensive study ever conducted and at the very least I will expect an apology.
    I'm speaking in regards to your claims on ejaculation, which have already been thoroughly debunked.

    To reiterate, and in case you forgot;

    Quote Originally Posted by VulcanLogic View Post
    OK I have read quite a bit of your material and certainly enough to get the gist of your proposition. You are quite correct on one point androgenic alopecia should not be considered a 'desease' nor should it be considered a disease.

    As to the rest of your material I would say this is a perfect example of dicto simpliciter (look it up) and a healthy infusion of misinformation.

    Your initial preamble (ramblings) are full of inaccuracies, here are a few examples to correct you.

    * Not all androgenic alopecia (AA) starts at the temples or crown.

    * Not all AA progresses to a full crown (bald head) loss.

    * Contrary to 'your' belief science actually knows only a small fraction of the complex mechanism that results in AA.

    * We don't know for certain that DHT is the main cause of hair loss, we do know that it appears that DHT is part of the mechanism involved. However even if DHT is integral it could for example be more to do with receptor site rather than DHT.

    * We don't know if DHT is excessive in both the scalp and the blood stream in the majority of cases of AA and in fact there is no hard evidence to draw a cause and effect relationship as DHT levels can be identical in those with and those without AA, in fact it could be that the enzyme 5α-reductase is the culprit rather than DHT.

    * Other mammals do have plenty of incidences of AA, notably the male Tsavo lions, dogs, macaques, and even our closest primate species the chimpanzee.

    * Both the big cats, domesticated cats and host of other species will suffer from alopecia and a host of other health issues related to a nutrient deficient diet.

    * We do not know that AA is caused by a hormonal 'in balance' (imbalance) in fact there is very little to support that those with men with AA have significantly different hormonal levels to those without AA.

    * Some women do suffer with AA this appears to occur as oestrogen levels decline with age which has lead to the hypothesis that oestrogen has a protective role and as it declines women hair follicles are exposed to DHT leading to AA in a similar way to men. Though I stress this is unproven.

    * Logically women and men are not exposed to the same gene pool, as a result of the 'XY' chromosomes vs 'XX', hence the reason we have sex linked diseases.

    * There is absolutely no evidence that the prostate is the 'single cause for hair loss' nor have I seen any credible evidence to make such an assumption, the prostate is however regulated by DHT which is synthesized in the prostate, testes, hair follicles, and adrenal glands by the enzyme 5α-reductase.

    * There is no credible evidence to suggest that ejaculation has anything other than a transitory effect on DHT, in fact if we take your own results on face value your DHT level actually fell below the pre ejaculation level a short time after. And once again I stress that there is no credible evidence that those with AA have significantly different serum DHT levels to those without it.

    * There is evidence of a potential increase in both benign prostatic hyperplasia and cancer of the prostate in those with low levels of sexual activity (ejaculation), you may like to think of this as clearing the pipes if you like.

    Overwhelmingly the evidence is that AA is a genetically determined outcome, we can see evidence of this all around us in our groups of family and friends. The mere fact that such a high percentage of men will experience AA is sufficient to conclude that it is a natural process that most will experience to a greater or lesser degree.

    Whilst we all may like to delay the loss of a youthful appearance lets not lose perspective and engage in silly and potentially unhealthy self abuse.
    Peace.

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I'm speaking in regards to your claims on ejaculation, which have already been thoroughly debunked.

    To reiterate, and in case you forgot;



    Peace.
    I will be the first to admit the initial ramblings are full of grammatical errors and quickly typed theories full of gaps. However, some of the core ideas have not changed all of which where provided with actual studies to back them. You say Hair loss is not caused by hormones that’s complete BS. Hormones are the very thing regulating hair growth and any educated person can at least admit to a link. Castrated men stop losing hair explain that? You say ejaculation has no effect on hair loss, I say I agree that it alone can not cause hair loss but it would be absurd to say that if the hair loss is permitted that increasing levels of DHT via ejaculation would not be one more contributing factor adding to the problem, not to mention all the nutrients lost vital to over all health. This compared to what an average modernized country intakes its no wonder they have higher rates of MPB. Your animal example is redundant, have you ever seen a cat with a receding hair line of course nutrition deficiencies cause hair loss in other animals as it does in humans that’s not the same as Male Pattern Baldness. You say the prostate has no link to hair loss that’s ****ing retarded check your facts. You say blood flow does not cause hair loss and I show you a study that clearly demonstrates different. The different head shapes and pressure applied on the scalp clearly show why not all balding starts at the temple or why it progresses in different patterns. For god sake look at the muscles in the head do you not see the areas “not genetically predisposed to balding” happen to be around the muscles in your head? I think the real question is whether you or any of the opposition has even once glanced over the studies or a picture of the muscles in the head. Really you see no trend?

  5. #75
    Senior Member 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    ****'s sake I proved circulation theory wrong just a couple weeks ago.... you people are already back on it? masturbation and diet too?

  6. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    On a completely unrelated note, coupling finasteride with daily soymilk consumption gave me terrible excess estrogen symptoms. Discontinuing the soymilk gave me back my libido and fixed my joint pains in a matter of 3 days. So much for the hundreds of studies saying soymilk phytoestrogens are nothing to worry about.
    I guess there are links between diet and hormones, after all. At the same time, the link between hormones and MPB is undeniable.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ****'s sake I proved circulation theory wrong just a couple weeks ago.... you people are already back on it? masturbation and diet too?
    2020 you’re telling me you believe that a hair follicle can grow without blood? Right? If blood flow is constricted then the absence of it would do nothing the hair and the hair cycle would continue to grow? Do I understand you? You also believe ejaculation converting T to DHT would do nothing? Diet even if it hardense arteries and ruins collegen in the skin would do nothing to hair loss? Correct?

  8. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ****'s sake I proved circulation theory wrong just a couple weeks ago.... you people are already back on it? masturbation and diet too?
    electrolysis is a method of removing hair permanently by damaging the hair roots blood supply...

  9. #79
    Senior Member 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, coupling finasteride with daily soymilk consumption gave me terrible excess estrogen symptoms. Discontinuing the soymilk gave me back my libido and fixed my joint pains in a matter of 3 days. So much for the hundreds of studies saying soymilk phytoestrogens are nothing to worry about.
    I guess there are links between diet and hormones, after all. At the same time, the link between hormones and MPB is undeniable.
    not that I approve your theory, but Japanese men consume lots of soy and they don't get any "estrogen symptoms".... this doesn't make any sense.

    Wasn't there a study on rats and soy isoflavones and hair growth? The results were good. What happened there?

  10. #80
    Senior Member 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    2020 you’re telling me you believe that a hair follicle can grow without blood? Right? If blood flow is constricted then the absence of it would do nothing the hair and the hair cycle would continue to grow? Do I understand you? You also believe ejaculation converting T to DHT would do nothing? Diet even if it hardense arteries and ruins collegen in the skin would do nothing to hair loss? Correct?
    the "absence of blood" that you call is ACTUALLY THE RESULT from the lack of ACTIVE(read: ANAGEN) follicles and not the other way around.

    ^ Do you acknowledge that or you'll ignore that fact again?

Similar Threads

  1. Male Pattern Baldness Cured
    By ResearchNeverfails in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 601
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 10:48 AM
  2. Male pattern baldness - diets
    By krewel in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 01:32 AM
  3. What causes male pattern baldness?
    By gmonasco in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
  4. Men who will have a high risk for male pattern baldness?
    By CIT in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Review of ISHRS article on ethical practices
Yesterday 09:22 AM
Last Post By Dr. Lindsey
Yesterday 09:22 AM
Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 03:36 PM
Last Post By zaidgg
Yesterday 01:01 AM
A family has hair restoration with Dr. Lindsey
02-02-2022 08:02 AM
Last Post By Rodneyy
12-04-2022 03:44 PM
What Young Patients Should Be Aware of Regarding Hair Restoration Surgery
02-01-2013 09:47 AM
by Billena
Last Post By tenny2
12-04-2022 10:56 AM