Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greatjob!
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by JRQ
    I believe it may possibly take multiple visit, but in essence I do believe that's the case. They will cut an approximate dime-size shape from the back scalp (at least they do for the clinical trial) where they then clone the follicles and place them throughout the balding area. This is what I personally like about it....it's sort of like a tried and true routine hair transplant, they're just able to clone the actual follicle and place many times more throughout the balding area....and in my own, subjective opinion, I don't think there's any chance of enrolling 350 phase 2 participants with something that simply doesn't work. I may be totally incorrect, but I'm pretty good typically at sniffing these things out lol.
    This is what worries me about their treatment. It may give unlimited donor supply, but it is still going to take a hair transplant surgeon to properly place the hair. And being that Aderans is connected with Bosley I'm worried because I wouldn't let Bosley touch my head with their track record. The only way I would consider this treatment is if it was in the hands of a trusted hair transplant surgeon, ie hasson & Wong, Feller, Rahal etc.

Comment

• JRQ
      • May 2012

Originally posted by john2399
      Do you think 2014 is a realistic date for their release?
      I know it's a huge downer, but I would think 2015 at the earliest...if you follow the clinical trials protocol set forth by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, it should go as follows:

Clinical trials are conducted in phases. The trials at each phase have a different purpose and help scientists answer different questions:

In Phase I trials, researchers test an experimental drug or treatment in a small group of people (20-80) for the first time to evaluate its safety, determine a safe dosage range, and identify side effects.

In Phase II trials, the experimental study drug or treatment is given to a larger group of people (100-300) to see if it is effective and to further evaluate its safety.

In Phase III trials, the experimental study drug or treatment is given to large groups of people (1,000-3,000) to confirm its effectiveness, monitor side effects, compare it to commonly used treatments, and collect information that will allow the experimental drug or treatment to be used safely.

In Phase IV trials, post marketing studies delineate additional information including the drug's risks, benefits, and optimal use.

I would say Phase 3 will also be 52 weeks, as is Phase 2....if they stringently follow this guideline, Phase 2 will end in Feb. 2013, Phase 3 may end around March/April 2014, and Phase 4 MAY end in 2015. However, I see this as overly optimistic, but I may be wrong. I hope I am.....

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by JRQ
        I would say Phase 3 will also be 52 weeks, as is Phase 2....if they stringently follow this guideline, Phase 2 will end in Feb. 2013, Phase 3 may end around March/April 2014, and Phase 4 MAY end in 2015. However, I see this as overly optimistic, but I may be wrong. I hope I am.....
        They don't need to do Phase IV before they launch. Phase IV is for after the treatment is already on the market - hence the term "post-marketing studies."

Comment

• Pate
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by JRQ
          You're just a few seconds away from irritating me with your behavior. I suggest you chill out and stop making a FOOL of yourself.
          Just ignore Maradona. Or put him on the Ignore list like I have.

He used to be a valuable contributor but now he's just a bitter guy who got his hopes up with Replicel and now seems to be trying to drag everyone down to his level of depression.

The rest of us appreciate your posts and can tell you're not an Aderans shill (since they have massive funding, access to Spencer's show if they ever want it, and no marketable product yet, shilling for them would be pointless!).

Comment

• JRQ
            • May 2012

Originally posted by Pate
            They don't need to do Phase IV before they launch. Phase IV is for after the treatment is already on the market - hence the term "post-marketing studies."
            Lol, that's what I get for posting at 4:00 something a.m. Thanks for catching that and giving me more hope for an earlier date. Any possible cure, regardless of technique or company, can't come soon enough.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by JRQ
              I know it's a huge downer, but I would think 2015 at the earliest...if you follow the clinical trials protocol set forth by the U.S. National Institutes of Health, it should go as follows:

Clinical trials are conducted in phases. The trials at each phase have a different purpose and help scientists answer different questions:

In Phase I trials, researchers test an experimental drug or treatment in a small group of people (20-80) for the first time to evaluate its safety, determine a safe dosage range, and identify side effects.

In Phase II trials, the experimental study drug or treatment is given to a larger group of people (100-300) to see if it is effective and to further evaluate its safety.

In Phase III trials, the experimental study drug or treatment is given to large groups of people (1,000-3,000) to confirm its effectiveness, monitor side effects, compare it to commonly used treatments, and collect information that will allow the experimental drug or treatment to be used safely.

In Phase IV trials, post marketing studies delineate additional information including the drug's risks, benefits, and optimal use.

BANG on their timeline.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                • May 2011

Well done yeahyeahyeah. That was in the presentation too. No idea were I saw the video.

Comment

• john2399
                  • Jan 2012

So it looks like we will have aderans and latisse in the next couple years.

Comment

• TravisB
                    • May 2012

From what I remember, Aderans Phase I results were very mediocre. Do you think that the later phases will give much better results?

Also, can someone tell me what phase they are currently in? Phase II?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
                      This is what worries me about their treatment. It may give unlimited donor supply, but it is still going to take a hair transplant surgeon to properly place the hair. And being that Aderans is connected with Bosley I'm worried because I wouldn't let Bosley touch my head with their track record. The only way I would consider this treatment is if it was in the hands of a trusted hair transplant surgeon, ie hasson & Wong, Feller, Rahal etc.
                      Aderans plans to make it distributable to other outlets aside from Bosley.

I can imagine though in the first year it will be used by bosley.

Wouldn't worry about it, because once its out, you can go to a reputable HT doctor - get a surgery done. Then later on, once the others adopt it - go back and get it done with Aderans treatment.

The problem everyone has RIGHT NOW, is that in order to get a HT you need to be taking propecia - which requires us to mess around with our hormones. This should no longer be the case with Aderans treatment.

Comment

• BoSox
                        • Jun 2010

It's stressful thinking I have to wait until 2014-15 for something that "might" cure baldness.

Fingers crosssssssssssed!

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by BoSox
                          It's stressful thinking I have to wait until 2014-15 for something that "might" cure baldness.

Better then it coming out in 2020 or even worse not coming out at all.

I feel really sorry for the dudes who went bald in the 70,80,90s

Comment

• john2399
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by BoSox

I don't think we will have a true cure but just a great treatment to help the cause but not reverse baldness.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by john2399
                              I don't think we will have a true cure but just a great treatment to help the cause but not reverse baldness.
                              In other words you will never be a NW6

Comment

• john2399
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                                In other words you will never be a NW6
                                hopefully..i think we will all be happy with coverage and the apperance of a full head of hair.

Comment

Working...