• Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by bob13
    I
    Don't worry about it.
    It's mostly in guys heads.
    Speak for yourself. Not everyone is the same.

Khan: I don't think I'm around these threads enough for them to manifest in my sexual life, but I appreciate the advice. I was hanging around this forum for awhile before my side effects kicked in.

I know the drug itself made a difference.

Comment

• jayth
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by khan
      Chris, I know it can be extremely tough, coping with side and waiting for them to go away. And maybe its not my place to comment here, since I haven't had any (yet), but just as a friendly suggestion, why don't you take some time off worrying. Hanging around these threads listening to people talk about them isn't going to make things better, its definitely not going to make side go away. I know someone who recovered in about 3 months time, and he said it was very gradual road to recovery.
      Anyways, its up to you man, you know whats best.
      Great advice khan. I think I'm gonna do just that. If a bunch of people tell you that you WILL have sides the chances are you will. I noticed after reading on here that the day I started Fin I was convinced I could'nt get a hard on lol Guess what. I had difficulty getting an erection that night. What are the chances of sides on day 1?? I would say slim to none.

Comment

• chrisis
        • Feb 2012

I don't mean to be rude but some of you are pretty clueless.

Consider the following:
        • almost total lack of penis sensitivity
        • pitiful amount of semen
        • interest in sex virtually NONE to the extent that even masturbating is a chore

It's not just an issue of not popping a boner one day.

I experienced the above side effects 2-3 months after taking finasteride. I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal. If, as some of you suggest, the side effects were purely psychological then this presents the question as to why a psychological issue about taking a drug would take weeks to resolve. It strongly suggests that the drug has a has a very real impact on the body's hormonal system to the extent that the drug manifests physical side effects.

I can only conclude that some of you are willingly sticking your head in the sand. Fine, but if you're one of the men susceptible to side effects you will suffer them regardless.

Comment

• khan
          • Aug 2011

Yes they are probably not psychological but in such a situtation, the only person that can help you is a Doctor, and positive thinking. Listening to people like STTB, telling people they are screwed and will now "never" recover cause they injested poision, is not going to help combat side effects.

There are worse drugs that people take and recover 100% in time. I don't understand how telling people there life is screwed forever helps anyone (and thats what people like STTB have been doing). Even John Crisler has the same attitude.
          Originally posted by chrisis
          I don't mean to be rude but some of you are pretty clueless.

Consider the following:
          • almost total lack of penis sensitivity
          • pitiful amount of semen
          • interest in sex virtually NONE to the extent that even masturbating is a chore

It's not just an issue of not popping a boner one day.

I experienced the above side effects 2-3 months after taking finasteride. I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal. If, as some of you suggest, the side effects were purely psychological then this presents the question as to why a psychological issue about taking a drug would take weeks to resolve. It strongly suggests that the drug has a has a very real impact on the body's hormonal system to the extent that the drug manifests physical side effects.

I can only conclude that some of you are willingly sticking your head in the sand. Fine, but if you're one of the men susceptible to side effects you will suffer them regardless.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

I am quite suspicious of Dr. Crisler's intentions.

Comment

• chrisis
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by khan
              Listening to people like STTB, telling people they are screwed and will now "never" recover cause they injested poision, is not going to help combat side effects.
              Well I agree. We need to strike a balance between advocating the use of finasteride to prevent hair loss and warning about potential side effects.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                • Feb 2011

I agree with this Chrisis. I think that constant trolls on here who are very extreme in their anti-Propecia stances give guys like you and me a bad name (sensible guys who are truly experiencing side effects from Propecia). I myself am experiencing side effects from Propecia yet I continue to take it because I am absolutely scared to death of going bald. But I know Propecia is causing side effects with me, and I really do believe with strong conviction that Propecia does cause side effects in way more than 3% of men (the number that Merck gives us). When you drastically curtail the production of an essential male hormone throughout the entire body, the body is not just going to have no reaction whatsoever, I believe.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                  • Feb 2011

And also as a sidenote, I started taking Propecia well before I even started researching its side effects on the web. I've been taking Propecia since mid 2010 and I didn't even sign up on here until 2011.

Comment

• chrisis
                    • Feb 2012

Indeed! Well I'm happy to say that my side effects are pretty much gone now I think. I will soon be trialing finasteride again at 0.25 or 0.5mg. What dose you on, DepressedByHairLoss?

Comment

• Jcm800
                      • Jan 2011

Where do you get your Fin from? I was tempted a couple of years ago to go on the Boots hair retention programme, bottled out tho. I even asked my GP about Fin and he said "go for it". He was of the opinion at the time that many patients took Proscar and didn't complain, so Fin shouldn't be a worry.

Comment

• chrisis
                        • Feb 2012

My friends recommended this site but I can't vouch for it. I bought it before discovering this forum. I'll be using a different source with my next batch, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

• Jcm800
                          • Jan 2011

IF i tried Fin i'd try Finpecia out of all the generic's available. Spex alway's seem's to recommend that brand (if i remember correctly) But like yourself, i'd be thinking of a low dosage. Just seems like Russian roulette to me tho and can't afford to potentially screw myself up.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                            • Feb 2011

Indeed! Well I'm happy to say that my side effects are pretty much gone now I think. I will soon be trialing finasteride again at 0.25 or 0.5mg. What dose you on, DepressedByHairLoss?
                            Hey man, I'm on 1mg of Propecia right now, and have been since mid 2010. I'm also afraid to go to a lesser dose because again I'm scared to death of losing hair. Hell, I'm still losing hair on 1mg. But that could be because I've been a big weight-lifter my whole life and perhaps have more free testosterone floating around, which in turn gets converted to more DHT. I sure as hell wish I caught my hair loss much earlier. It's just that I never even thought hair loss could even happen to me so it was never even on my radar. Yourself and lots of other guys I see on here caught hair loss very very early on and I wish to God that I did too.

Comment

• Maradona
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                              Hey man, I'm on 1mg of Propecia right now, and have been since mid 2010. I'm also afraid to go to a lesser dose because again I'm scared to death of losing hair. Hell, I'm still losing hair on 1mg. But that could be because I've been a big weight-lifter my whole life and perhaps have more free testosterone floating around, which in turn gets converted to more DHT. I sure as hell wish I caught my hair loss much earlier. It's just that I never even thought hair loss could even happen to me so it was never even on my radar. Yourself and lots of other guys I see on here caught hair loss very very early on and I wish to God that I did too.
                              hey depressedbyhairloss im thinking on getting on fin again at a lower dose.
                              Can I ask if you had mental side effects?
                              At what norwood did you realize you were losing your hair?

I firmly believe replicel will work on follicles that are still alive even if minituarized so I think you're doing good man, wish I had a regimen to stop/slow my hairloss

Comment

• Maradona
                                • Nov 2011

My friends recommended this site but I can't vouch for it. I bought it before discovering this forum. I'll be using a different source with my next batch, just to be on the safe side.
                                hey bro i would recommend 4rx.com and unitepharmacies, i ordered finpecia from them and well I got the sides lol, so it must be legit.

Comment

Working...