Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chromeo
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Chris511026
    Has anyone tried Saw Palmetto for hair loss. Is it effective? Maintenance?
    I used a lot of it, for a long time. Can't say it made any difference at all to my hair, unfortunately.

Comment

• Chris511026
      • May 2013

Hair Transplant

I wanted to know if in the future I decide to go with a hair transplant where they graft hair from the back of my head can it only be done on areas of the scalp that are already bald? Since I've been on propecia I've been able to maintain but that hair will shed once I get off propecia. I don't want to have to go bald before I get a hair transplant. Can they graft hair on preexisting hair that is guaranteed to fall out is my question?

Comment

• HairBane
        • Apr 2013

I wanted to know if in the future I decide to go with a hair transplant where they graft hair from the back of my head can it only be done on areas of the scalp that are already bald? Since I've been on propecia I've been able to maintain but that hair will shed once I get off propecia. I don't want to have to go bald before I get a hair transplant. Can they graft hair on preexisting hair that is guaranteed to fall out is my question?
        If you let your existing hair fall out after getting a hair transplant, you'll look awful

Comment

• Chris511026
          • May 2013

Hair Transplant

What are you saying? That I should let it fall out before getting the hair transplant?

Comment

• HairBane
            • Apr 2013

What are you saying? That I should let it fall out before getting the hair transplant?
            No, that you should maintain as much as you can. Right now if you go totally bald, even with surgery, there's no coming back from it. You want to maintain as much of your natural hair as you can. IIRC almost all people who have a hair transplant are on finasteride for life afterwards. Otherwise you end up with a hairline and nothing else.

Comment

• clarence
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by HairBane
              IIRC almost all people who have a hair transplant are on finasteride for life afterwards. Otherwise you end up with a hairline and nothing else.
              Depends if you had grafts placed in the entire forelock or just the hairline, and age, too.

Comment

Working...