bimatoprost

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fred970
    • Nov 2009

Possible side effect of bimatoprost: May eventually cause permanent darkening of the iris to brown.

OK so I've been able to cope with my NW5 so much better because I have blue eyes. Bimatoprost, even when approved, definitely not for me.

Comment

• Vox
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by HARIRI
      The sides of Bimatoprost are awful especially the pigmentation and the dark eye circles. I wouldn't screw my face for my hair. Facial beauty is way much more important than Hair.
      I could not agree more. There is no quantity, quality and style of hair that can have the same effect as a pretty face.

Facial side effects are a big NO from the start.

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by fred970
        Possible side effect of bimatoprost: May eventually cause permanent darkening of the iris to brown.

OK so I've been able to cope with my NW5 so much better because I have blue eyes. Bimatoprost, even when approved, definitely not for me.
        Im pretty sure that side effect only relates to the eyelash stuff, I dont think it does this when applying it to your hair

Pigmentation has been mentioned, but of those that have tested themselves I haven't seen them experience sides.

Comment

• PinotQ
          • May 2010

VOX, You might want to keep your eye on s-equol. No one knows what it will do yet for hair loss but one thing their trials have shown is that it reduces wrinkles and has a positive effect on skin health, pigmentation and elasticity.

Comment

• StayThick
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
            Im pretty sure that side effect only relates to the eyelash stuff, I dont think it does this when applying it to your hair

Pigmentation has been mentioned, but of those that have tested themselves I haven't seen them experience sides.
            What he said. I heard that only applys when using it on the eye lashes, but obviously not enough testing has been done with application on scalp to indicate if similar sides can occur involving the color change of the iris.

I agree, my blue eyes is what helps me when it comes to the females, so any risk of changing my ocean blues is a HUGE no for me. I wouldn't touch this even if approved because of this possible side effect.

Comment

• Chris511026
              • May 2013

Any results?

Has anyone here used bimatoprost and seen positive results along the hairline? Maintenance??

Comment

• beetee133
                • Apr 2013

PinotQ, it's hard for me to believe but apparently you cannot contact members anymore on this forum, which is a real shame as exchanging research info between reasonable, responsible people is the only reason I was on here.
                Last edited by Winston; 06-03-2013, 04:45 PM. Reason: Violation of forum policy

Comment

• Winston
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by beetee133
                  PinotQ, it's hard for me to believe but apparently you cannot contact members anymore on this forum, which is a real shame as exchanging research info between reasonable, responsible people is the only reason I was on here.
                  While I agree that it's a shame that we have been forced to make these changes due to the abuse of these forum functions, I'm going to have to ask you again to please refer to our Forum Posting Rules and Terms of Service regarding our policy on off board communication with other users.

Now lets please keep this thread on topic. Any subsequent post concerning this matter will be removed from this thread.

Comment

• Chris511026
                    • May 2013

Hairline

Has anyone here used bimatoprost for the hairline and seen results?

Comment

• rdawg
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Chris511026
                      Has anyone here used bimatoprost for the hairline and seen results?
                      http://www.****************/interact...lergan-Lumigan

just one example of a guy that used the 0.03% solution to get results, google around there's a few examples like this.

again the stuff works, but not worth the price(unless money isnt an issue)

i'd spend my money on this rather than say RU, at least to try it. A stronger solution needs to come out for hair though!

Comment

• Chris511026
                        • May 2013

Fluid Retention

How can a topical treatment such as, Bimatoprost cause fluid retention or is that only hearsay?

Comment

• StayThick
                          • Oct 2012

I personally think that anyone that experiments with this is crazy. The sides sound downright awful. I wouldn't go near this personally. EVER.

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                            I personally think that anyone that experiments with this is crazy. The sides sound downright awful. I wouldn't go near this personally. EVER.
                            from looking around I haven't seen any of the experimenters experience sides, minus a couple experiencing eye twitching.

it's hard to say which sides affect the hair because some of the sides from the eyelash treatment probably dont apply to the hair because it wont be going near your eyes!

this stuff is more worth a trial than RU IMO, as it has shown potential growth. Just need to have money to throw away.

Comment

• Cob984
                              • Sep 2012

Iv been applying a few drops of the careprost recently, 0.03% bim, only applyin on hairline, it gives it more volume there immediately after application
                              and no sides yet

Comment

• frankzukini
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by rdawg
                                from looking around I haven't seen any of the experimenters experience sides, minus a couple experiencing eye twitching
                                Applied topically, it is potent enough to reduce intraocular pressure, if you go nuts and use an unsafe dose (~1 mg daily; ie. a complete bottle of Lumigan (3 mL at 0.03%)).

Comment

Working...