All Propecia users,,, come here please !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boricotico
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mack_435
    I had sides. My erection wasn't nearly a full and my semen was watery and the volume was about half it was before. I quit the drug and about a month later my sides started getting better. Two months later I was my old self again.
    You're lucky man. I quit on early december after just six months and still not the same. My libido is better but my semen still half or less.

Comment

• PvH
      • Jan 2012

every time someone makes a propecia side effect post, *gasp*, the response will be divided into... wait for it... for propecia or against propecia

these posts are so ****ing redundant every single time. seriously, what more is there to discuss that hasn't already been discussed over, and over, and over, and over, and over

most of these posts boils down to HEY i'm about to give propecia a try but i'm scared as **** cuz i've been uh you know doing a little research here and there and found 'lots and lots' of horror stories and kinda scared to give a go. NOW convince on why i should risk taking propecia. hey, guess what? you're not doing anyone a favor by taking propecia.

if you need convincing, then take a good look at your hairline LMAO. if you're still unsure then... wait for it... don't take it!

nobody knows if you'll get side effects, but it's there. no amount anecdotal evidence will change that. you either risk it or you don't. not. that. hard.

but i understand the need to have their hands held every step of the way with words of encouragement and assurance for many grown bald men out there.

Comment

• PvH
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mohuk
        So now, its said that only 2% of users would encounter some sort of sexual side effects.

so this thread would be the reference for all of us and to prove the whats the actual percentage of people who might see these side effects !
        you do realize that this is a highly biased, ridiculously inaccurate method of trying to disprove the 2% claim.

Comment

• 67mph
          • Mar 2010

I had sides. My erection wasn't nearly a full and my semen was watery and the volume was about half it was before. I quit the drug and about a month later my sides started getting better. Two months later I was my old self again.
          Back to your old self?, what ...balding?

I agree with PvH.

Comment

• CurlyBird
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
            Here is the study I was referring to although it was actually 6%. Still, nowhere near 0.7% or 2%.

The study was done on JAPANESE men? Not American or European men, with their rich and diverse genetic heritage, but a largely isolated indigenous population in the far East. Can you spot the flaw in methodology??? If it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable.

As for your questions, yes I trust men who continue to post on these forums that they have been affected in similiar ways to me by a drug that works by changing the chemistry of their hormonal system. Seriously, it's not that hard to believe if you actually think about it what the drug is actually doing.

First off, there is no control group in this study. Second, side effects overall were 6%, not sexual side effects.

Also, authors of the following study (also on japanese men) explicitly say that ethnicity is unlikely to make a difference in the results.

Before now, there has been no study of finasteride use exceeding 1 year in Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA) except the study subsequently conducted from the development phase. Since the launch of finasteride, no study in a larger population had been reported. Ethnic variation of the ons …

Based on this data, the research team concluded that Propecia is a safe and effective treatment for androgenic alopecia in Japanese males (and also stated that the results are unlikely to vary between males of different ethnic backgrounds). This study helps confirm the safe and effective nature of Propecia (finasteride) for treating male hair loss.

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by CurlyBird
              First off, there is no control group in this study. Second, side effects overall were 6%, not sexual side effects.

Also, authors of the following study (also on japanese men) explicitly say that ethnicity is unlikely to make a difference in the results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21980923
              I'm pretty sure Chrisis is more knowledgeable than some bogus scientists..

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                • Nov 2011

What about low dose propecia.

.25?

Is it better to take a lower dose then taper yourself up?

Comment

• Rootman
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                  What about low dose propecia.

.25?

Is it better to take a lower dose then taper yourself up?
                  I listened to Spencer's recent discussion with the hormone doc and that you could possible cut down the dosage and/or space out the days you take propecia. In the past, I have tried the recommended 1 milligram dose 3 different times over the past 5 years (at least 2 months each time) and experienced sexual side effects.

Anyway, I am currently experimenting by taking 1 mg every three days for a couple of weeks now (considering the half life, this might not be helping me, but perhaps my DHT levels (which my recent blood test concluded were average) are not too high and will respond better to a lower dose. I've had no side effects yet, although, it's still early.

I am considering taking .5 milligram dose every other day in a week or two. Perhaps I can report back if this lowered dose is a) effective and b) doesn't zap my wanker.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                    • Sep 2010

PvH's dead horse beating animation is hilarious

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Rootman
                      I listened to Spencer's recent discussion with the hormone doc and that you could possible cut down the dosage and/or space out the days you take propecia. In the past, I have tried the recommended 1 milligram dose 3 different times over the past 5 years (at least 2 months each time) and experienced sexual side effects.

Anyway, I am currently experimenting by taking 1 mg every three days for a couple of weeks now (considering the half life, this might not be helping me, but perhaps my DHT levels (which my recent blood test concluded were average) are not too high and will respond better to a lower dose. I've had no side effects yet, although, it's still early.

I am considering taking .5 milligram dose every other day in a week or two. Perhaps I can report back if this lowered dose is a) effective and b) doesn't zap my wanker.
                      I really think propecia can be a safe drug, if the dosing is done properly.

The problem with 1mg everyday is not only the potency, but the fact that the body gets reliant on it after a while.

I know hasson and wong prescribe propecia every other day.

Playing with hormones is a careful balancing act.

Comment

• worried
                        • Mar 2012

I really think propecia can be a safe drug, if the dosing is done properly.

Playing with hormones is a careful balancing act.
                        Problem is You cant really tell how much amount of drug is good for you every body is different than the others, for some it might be dangerous to take only 0.05 mg

How can we tell that our hormones are balanced or not ? Just by taking lower dosage and some blood work can we tell that ?

I say Playing with hormones is very dangerous act

You cannot goto your wife with standing hairs and Dead D**k

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by worried
                          Problem is You cant really tell how much amount of drug is good for you every body is different than the others, for some it might be dangerous to take only 0.05 mg

How can we tell that our hormones are balanced or not ? Just by taking lower dosage and some blood work can we tell that ?

I say Playing with hormones is very dangerous act

You cannot goto your wife with standing hairs and Dead D**k
                          I have often wondered if the reason why some people get sides is because they have low DHT levels to begin with; so when taking the drug they completely kill it.

Whereas the guys that dont have high DHT, so lowering it slightly has little affect. And may actually be good for them.

Of course the problem is - most people do not get blood work done before taking the drug, that tells them their DHT levels etc.

Comment

• Rootman
                            • May 2012

I have often wondered if the reason why some people get sides is because they have low DHT levels to begin with; so when taking the drug they completely kill it.

Whereas the guys that dont have high DHT, so lowering it slightly has little affect. And may actually be good for them.

Of course the problem is - most people do not get blood work done before taking the drug, that tells them their DHT levels etc.
                            The sales guy at the HT consult I went to yesterday said there could be a small percentage of guys who get their sex drive from DHT as opposed to testosterone. Perhaps that's a reason for the side effects for some. It's an interesting theory. I did get my dht levels checked and I'm average - but I'm on the lower range for T. I'm going to keep upping my dosage slightly as long as I don't have any sides. I'll never go to 1 mg again, as that has always created (reversible) problems.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                              • Sep 2010

You could be right but I suspect absolute DHT levels aren't what lead to sides, and that something else is at work
                              I say this because guys on dutasteride (or dut+fin) are lowering their serum DHT levels by 90-95%. Yet many of them get no side effects, despite that they are functioning on 1/10th or 1/20th their baseline DHT levels

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Rootman
                                The sales guy at the HT consult I went to yesterday said there could be a small percentage of guys who get their sex drive from DHT as opposed to testosterone. Perhaps that's a reason for the side effects for some. It's an interesting theory. I did get my dht levels checked and I'm average - but I'm on the lower range for T. I'm going to keep upping my dosage slightly as long as I don't have any sides. I'll never go to 1 mg again, as that has always created (reversible) problems.
                                That sounds like pure speculation and I'm not requesting you to provide one but I'm yet to read any study or scientific article claiming that DHT is in any way responsible for male libido.

Comment

Working...