Replicel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PacWantsHair
    • Jan 2012

As a new member to this forum, it's hard to keep up with all of these new treatments. From the sound of this - it seems like the real. Would you guys say this is the closest thing to a cure for hairloss? I will now keep a close eye on this..

Comment

• Maradona
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PacWantsHair
      As a new member to this forum, it's hard to keep up with all of these new treatments. From the sound of this - it seems like the real. Would you guys say this is the closest thing to a cure for hairloss? I will now keep a close eye on this..

It really depends on opinion. You would have to research and find your own conclutions but this topic is about replicel and the majority here including me think it's the holy grail of hair loss sufferes, the future of it will be decided in march after their phase 1 trial to prove if it's just as effective as it was in mice, if it is then by 2015 with ~10 000 bucks you would have a full head of hair.

im not sure the exact date of the results release maybe somebody here can enligthen us? phase 1 trial
      Last edited by Maradona; 01-19-2012, 09:25 PM. Reason: phase 1 trial

Comment

• clandestine
        • Aug 2011

Maradona; How can you be sure the treatment will cost around $10,000?

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, can't seem to find anything definitive regarding potential cost.

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by clandestine
          Maradona; How can you be sure the treatment will cost around $10,000?

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, can't seem to find anything definitive regarding potential cost.
          i think ceo said it would be equivalent to a hair transplant.

Comment

• Dasani
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by PacWantsHair
            You're basically going to read about 4000 posts from pessimistic people saying it wont work, and another 4000 from optimistic people who say it's the cure.

That being said, everything they've done to date has been promising enough to justify human trials. You're just going to have to wait a month or two and see. But you have more hope than anyone else has ever had.

Comment

• PinotQ
              • May 2010

In projecting the potential stock price of Replicel by calculating how much revenue they will produce, the full NBT report referred to last week says that:

"Revenue is generated in two streams:
              1. Assumed annual license fee of $20,000 to each RepliCel licensed clinician performing the procedure.
              2. Per-patient fee of $15,000 for the replication of each patient’s cells."

This doesn't take into account that the doctor performing the procedure would also charge a fee. It's worth noting that the report also says that:

"It is estimated that the number of licensed practitioners performing the procedure will double each year beginning with six in the first year. By the year 2018, it is estimated that there will be 48 practitioners performing the procedure equating to over $580 million in patient fees alone and approximately $1 million per year in licensing fees."

If they license practitioners at this pace, there could be quite a waiting line.
              Last edited by PinotQ; 01-20-2012, 05:21 AM. Reason: Format error

Comment

• Kirby_
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Dasani
                You're basically going to read about 4000 posts from pessimistic people saying it wont work, and another 4000 from optimistic people who say it's the cure.
                That's it exactly, the truth is in the middle between absolute cynicism (or despair) and completely blind faith.

Fact is, some of these treatments won't enter the market. Some will, but may be prohibitively expensive in the short term. These are treatments rather than outright cures (at this stage). But... Some at least will emerge and it'll be only a matter of time before most of us can afford to shell out for them. Besides, any treatments we eventually get on the market that are more effective than fin, min and keto should be considered a blessing.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ
                  In projecting the potential stock price of Replicel by calculating how much revenue they will produce, the full NBT report referred to last week says that:

1. Assumed annual license fee of $20,000 to each RepliCel licensed clinician performing the procedure.

This doesn't take into account that the doctor performing the procedure would also charge a fee. It's worth noting that the report also says that:

"It is estimated that the number of licensed practitioners performing the procedure will double each year beginning with six in the first year. By the year 2018, it is estimated that there will be 48 practitioners performing the procedure equating to over $580 million in patient fees alone and approximately $1 million per year in licensing fees."

If they license practitioners at this pace, there could be quite a waiting line.
                  Pretty much sounds like the IAHRS will be getting it first if it works. At least that's who I'd like to see using it.

Comment

• sausage
                    • Jan 2012

No-one can say it is the cure, there is no solid proof that this works, they are still trialling it.

We can only hope its the cure but I personally don't want to get my hopes up to end up very disappointed.

Its hard when ideally there are those of us who need a cure Now as time isn't on our sides.

There will always be some amazing cure being created for as long as one finally does come about. So all us baldies are constantly living on hope of some cure eventually working, then 2 years passes and nothing, and the next generation of youngsters come through and the same thing happens to them.

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

Ah, depressing indeed, sausage. Maybe this time we'll all get lucky, must remain optimistic. Hope drives the soul.

Comment

• clandestine
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ

Aside from there being quite a potential waiting line, there is also the fact that most of us younger members don't necessarily have $15,000 lying around.

Comment

• sausage
                          • Jan 2012

I have a question to those waiting in anticipation for a Replicel cure...

Is there a reason you are more interested in Replicel than Hair Transplantation?

Hair Transplants may be a different hair loss treatment to what Replicel could potentially do but what are the reasons you have chosen to ignore getting a Hair Transplant and instead look to the future with Replicel?

Are Hair Transplants too expensive for you and your hoping that Replicel will be a cheaper 'cure' ?

Do you not like the idea of having a hair transplant because of pain or scaring?

Do you feel Hair Transplants are not a good enough 'treatment' ?

Do you strongly believe that Replicel will be a lot more effective than Hair Transplants?

Or are you interested in Hair Transplantation but are happy to wait 2+ years for other alternatives like Replicel?

Comment

• Kirby_
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by clandestine
                            Aside from there being quite a potential waiting line, there is also the fact that most of us younger members don't necessarily have $15,000 lying around.
                            I know the feeling.

On the other hand... I know that I for one would feel a heck of a lot better if there was something out there that could treat me far better than existing meds or procedures, even if I couldn't afford it yet.

Comment

• Kirby_
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sausage
                              Or are you interested in Hair Transplantation but are happy to wait 2+ years for other alternatives like Replicel?
                              Speaking only personally, I'm open to the idea of getting a HT in the future, but if I was to have one, it'd be at least 18 months to two years away anyway. If by then Repicel and/or one of the other upcoming treatments looked promising, I'd change my plans, even if I had to keep waiting.

Remember though, Replicel is not the only possible future treatment. This is like entering several raffles at once, rather than putting all your chips on one spin of the roulette wheel.

Comment

• clandestine
                                • Aug 2011

Hair transplants require continued use of finasteride in order to ensure hair loss won't continue to progress, jeopardizing those hair follicles which were not transplanted (non DHT-reistant), but still subject to fall out.

Comment

Working...