X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • limit
    • Apr 2011

proscar early side effects? expert advice appreciated

Hi guys,

i'm 21 and pretty close to a nw3. i've been taking minoxidil for almost 2 years now and i started taking proscar yesterday.

I'm wondering when the side effects are expected to kick in, i've been experiencing dull aches in the testes but imo I think this is more likely to be a placebo (due nerves about the side effects ironic) as its really only day.

On the other hand it could be my body initially adjusting to this drug its never encountered before. Another query I have is how long 1.25mg of finesteride will remain in the body (I noticed after waking up this morning the ache was absent (more evidence of a placebo) though it returned later today). If its doesnt last 24h I may take it before bed rather than in the monrings

I think it would help,my mental state, if i got clarification from an expert or people with experience.

PS i'm a science student so scientific explanations would be welcome also
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

If you are literally waiting for the side effects you WILL get them. The mind is a powerful tool.

I know a guy who was convinced he would get them. He got them literally looking at the bottle

Use this topic as it might help :http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4809

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Hurts
      • Apr 2011

^^ Spex, as somebody from the UK have you ever ordered generic propecia called "finpecia" (by Cipla) from gothair.co.uk? I was just thinking whether the site and drugs were legit or not.

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

HI hurts, Never heard of them mate sorry.

I personally get my 1 mg fincipa by Cipla from www.UKfinasteride.info and i know they are legit as have been using them some time

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• skipstah70
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by limit
          Hi guys,

i'm 21 and pretty close to a nw3. i've been taking minoxidil for almost 2 years now and i started taking proscar yesterday.

I'm wondering when the side effects are expected to kick in, i've been experiencing dull aches in the testes but imo I think this is more likely to be a placebo (due nerves about the side effects ironic) as its really only day.

On the other hand it could be my body initially adjusting to this drug its never encountered before. Another query I have is how long 1.25mg of finesteride will remain in the body (I noticed after waking up this morning the ache was absent (more evidence of a placebo) though it returned later today). If its doesnt last 24h I may take it before bed rather than in the monrings

I think it would help,my mental state, if i got clarification from an expert or people with experience.

PS i'm a science student so scientific explanations would be welcome also
          If you stop taking the drug is completely out of your system within 5 days.

Comment

• Hurts
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Spex
            HI hurts, Never heard of them mate sorry.

I personally get my 1 mg fincipa by Cipla from www.UKfinasteride.info and i know they are legit as have been using them some time
            thanks mate, will have a look.

Comment

• Mens Rea
              • Apr 2011

If you are literally waiting for the side effects you WILL get them. The mind is a powerful tool.

I know a guy who was convinced he would get them. He got them literally looking at the bottle

Use this topic as it might help :http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4809

Best
              Spex

Yes the mind if a powerful tool but denial doesn't get people far either.

I ignored my finasteride sides for months.

That transition thing may work for some but doesn't work for people who develop sides over time.

Spex, i respect your views but you need to retain an open mind. The amount of reports of side effecs from propecia is growing by the day and alot of these sides are physical.

Comment

• Mens Rea
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by skipstah70
                If you stop taking the drug is completely out of your system within 5 days.
                Are you sure?

There are many different theories on this.

Regardless, it doesn't matter for many people with persistent sides. If someones hormones are screwed up enough from using fin, then sometimes this negative feedback loop doesn't recorrect itself. I know for personal experience - i'm dealing with soaring estrogen levels ever since going off fin...

Comment

• skipstah70
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mens Rea
                  Are you sure?

There are many different theories on this.

Regardless, it doesn't matter for many people with persistent sides. If someones hormones are screwed up enough from using fin, then sometimes this negative feedback loop doesn't recorrect itself. I know for personal experience - i'm dealing with soaring estrogen levels ever since going off fin...
                  I agree with you too of course, any effects from the drug.. permanent or not may still be there, but the drug chemically should be out of your system within a week. This is what my doctor told me anyways. I know you speak the truth too though, I've stopped taking for 3 months once and I did not feel my normal erections coming back strong even after a month off of it. This drug is bad ass I fear.

Comment

• Spex
                    Dr Representative
                    • Nov 2008

some people experience sides and are much more susceptible than others, this is clear.

On the other side of the coin the amount of people who truly benefit and have no sides or issue with the drug is truly unknown as these people do not tend to report back as just move on. We tend to only hear of the negative not the positive.

I have met and interacted with 1, 000s of guys over the last 10 years and i can honestly say during that time there have been reports of sides so they do exist however the vast majority of reports have been positive.

I have been on Finasteride for over 10 years, no sides, no issues, fathered twins at first attempt (boy/girl)

The drug effects some not others , like any drug.

Comment

• Hurts
                      • Apr 2011

some people experience sides and are much more susceptible than others, this is clear.

On the other side of the coin the amount of people who truly benefit and have no sides or issue with the drug is truly unknown as these people do not tend to report back as just move on. We tend to only hear of the negative not the positive.

I have met and interacted with 1, 000s of guys over the last 10 years and i can honestly say during that time there have been reports of sides so they do exist however the vast majority of reports have been positive.

I have been on Finasteride for over 10 years, no sides, no issues, fathered twins at first attempt (boy/girl)

If you don't mind me asking, how long were you on the drug when you fertilised your partner with twins? Congratulations by the way.

Comment

• Spex
                        Dr Representative
                        • Nov 2008

7 + years

Comment

• Mens Rea
                          • Apr 2011

Lucky guy

Comment

• skipstah70
                            • Dec 2008

The other side of your coin: You also realize that the number of men complaining about negative side effects is grossly lower than those who probably have experienced side effects with the drug. Most people experiencing negative side effects would just stop taking the drug altogether, and not end up here or in their doctor's office complaining. I had two docs tell me, if it ends up affecting your libido or erections negatively, just stop taking the drug. How many men have tried it and ended up taking this advice? After all.. this drug is completely unnecessary in the greater scheme of things... it's only for cosmetic purposes.

Of course you are only going to only ever hear negative things back about a drug, in the users mind it either works or it doesn't. (i.e. no complaint, or complaint)

Comment

Working...