+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow Propecia (Finasteride) "Transition" Theory

Propecia (Finasteride) "Transition" Theory

Disclaimer : I am not a Doctor. This is only my opinion based on experience. Take it or leave it.

However - A potential tip to help avoid initial side effects from taking Finasteride as i have suggested to several guys and it seems to have really helped them.

I made this "transition" suggestion to several guys who originally experienced sides and decided to stop the drug. They started up again on their own accord and used this simple idea and it worked, as no sides were experienced.

(Note: Side effects can occur initially anyway due to the body getting used to the new drug you are introducing to the system and these often calm down naturally over time.)

"Finasteride Transition"

1mg 1 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 2 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 3 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 4 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 5 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 6 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 7 x a week .......

Allow your body to adjust to the "new" drug and not get too overwhelmed initially. This way you can introduce the drug and potentially help avoid against the not uncommon early sides.

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 04-06-2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Question, probably a stupid one:

Can Finasteride or minoxidil be cycled like let's creatine monohydrate? Where you take it every day for two months, then you stop using it for 1-2 months, and you get back on it? and it's basically a cycle you keep repeating. This is done basically for your body won't get immuned to the creatine.

I always wondered about that question. Like do you really have to take fin every single day, and if you miss a month you really miss out on a lot? I mean how weak can Fin be, doesn't supposedly last 14 days in your system? If 1 pill lasts 14 days, then why take it every single day?

It's occured to me too that for those who started to see Finasteride lose it's effectiveness, a break from the drug followed by starting it again might cause a renewed response to the drug. It's only a theory and one which I can't even claim to have tried myself as I haven't had any reason to. I would definitely try it though if my hairloss began to progress.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Propecia (Finasteride) "Transition" Theory

Disclaimer : I am not a Doctor. This is only my opinion based on experience. Take it or leave it.

However - A potential tip to help avoid initial side effects from taking Finasteride as i have suggested to several guys and it seems to have really helped them.

I made this "transition" suggestion to several guys who originally experienced sides and decided to stop the drug. They started up again on their own accord and used this simple idea and it worked, as no sides were experienced.

(Note: Side effects can occur initially anyway due to the body getting used to the new drug you are introducing to the system and these often calm down naturally over time.)

"Finasteride Transition"

1mg 1 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 2 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 3 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 4 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 5 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 6 x a week for 2 weeks
    1mg 7 x a week .......

Allow your body to adjust to the "new" drug and not get too overwhelmed initially. This way you can introduce the drug and potentially help avoid against the not uncommon early sides.

Best
    Spex

This worked a treat for me, I had the sexual dysfunction side effect very strongly, shut my libido down completely, I was hesitant to get back on them, then after a consult with Spex and his method above I gave it a shot and could not believe the difference like ZERO sides and perfect libido. Worth tapering anything that is going to be long term into your system slowly

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

That is an option. As I've blogged before, I simply had the side effects on and off the entire year I was on it. So I quit. But 95% or more, have no trouble...so I'd likely just do it daily as recommended. And if side effects occur, then a modification can be entertained with your doctor.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Thanks for your input doc.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Bump.

I have spoken of late to several guys who have tried this method or very similar and have reported positive feedback. They have introduced Finasteride gradually and now take it daily with no side effects whatsoever throughout.

Again i am not a Doctor but certainly worth considering if about to embark on Finasteride and have concerns over potential initial side effects

Best
    Spex

Bump topic to help guys with transition help onto the meds.

@ spex,

i've been on quartered proscar tablets for one year now and def have sides--i can still get and maintain an erection but it is without a doubt less hard as it was before and the overall feeling in not quite there as it was prior to getting on the meds. my sides have not been so bad as to completely chase me away from finasteride, but it is certainly a concern. what would you recommend i try? every other day? or maybe wean myself off and then get back on gradually incresaing dosage? and if i do wean myself off how long should that process take?

thanks!

No hard and fast rule. I suppose minimising the dose can only help.
    Best
    Spex