Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supersixx
    • Mar 2012

I think Histogen is gonna be the answer .. Their definately going in the right direction. Results so far were promising compared to replicel. Can't wait til it hits the market. Just can't believe how histogen is being dogged here and they actually produced way more visual hair than replicel. Should be all praises especially when replicel disappointed so much but was highly defended here. Replicel would of killed (figure speech) for histogens results. And that was just safety trials. Lol . If exciting news is coming giving they previous release , I'm tuned in!!!!! More optimistic than last week and a little less skeptic. 51/49.

Comment

• neversaynever
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Supersixx
      I think Histogen is gonna be the answer .. Their definately going in the right direction. Results so far were promising compared to replicel. Can't wait til it hits the market. Just can't believe how histogen is being dogged here and they actually produced way more visual hair than replicel. Should be all praises especially when replicel disappointed so much but was highly defended here. Replicel would of killed (figure speech) for histogens results. And that was just safety trials. Lol . If exciting news is coming giving they previous release , I'm tuned in!!!!! More optimistic than last week and a little less skeptic. 51/49.
      Agreed, its pretty impressive results from a single injection so far. Im not shiney bald anywhere on my head, YET. Anyone know if they are including shiney bald scalps in their phase 2 trial?

Comment

• Pate
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by neversaynever
        Agreed, its pretty impressive results from a single injection so far. Im not shiney bald anywhere on my head, YET. Anyone know if they are including shiney bald scalps in their phase 2 trial?
        Don't know for sure but I doubt it. They will try it on bald scalp eventually but for now they need results so they can secure funding, and everything we know about HSC points to it being more effective (and possibly only effective) on thinning hair.

Funny thing that I noticed reading their published paper is that there were actually FOUR injections in each of the four treatment sites (ie sixteen injections total). They keep talking about 'a single injection' but they must mean from a time point of view (ie no follow-up injection).

That also explains why the area responding to treatment looked bigger than 2mm radius. It's because there were actually multiple injections in a square pattern.

Comment

• BoSox
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Pate
          HSC points to it being more effective (and possibly only effective) on thinning hair.
          How thin can the hair be in order for HSC to work? Do you think it will only work on hairs that are "just" beginning to thin, or ones that are barely visable.
          I'm just concerned that the hairs that are thinning now will be damaged beyond repair by the time HSC is released.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by BoSox
            I'm just concerned that the hairs that are thinning now will be damaged beyond repair by the time HSC is released.
            no such thing. Your hairs aren't "damaged". MPB has nothing to do with your immune system attacking them of anything. Your follicles are all there ready to grow, they just need a little help

Comment

• neversaynever
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by 2020
              no such thing. Your hairs aren't "damaged". MPB has nothing to do with your immune system attacking them of anything. Your follicles are all there ready to grow, they just need a little help
              Not to sure about that. Its confirmed that the stem cells are there, but noone has revived dormant follicles yet.

I dont know enough about the biology of it, but I remember seeing pictures of follicles at different stages, including the dormant phase. All the necessary components were there, but it just looked shriveled up.

If some scientists claim that all thats needed is the signal to tell the stem cells to get working, then here's hoping HSC can delivery that! Assuming its wnt signals and not something else.

It takes a very long time for a follicle to become dormant. From terminal, to thin, to velus, peach fuzz, and then it continues but the hair doesnt come through the skin. <<<<< If HSC can wake all those up then I'm saved. For the people who have been shiney bald for 5 years or more....who knows. It would be pretty stupid to only be testing it out on thinning patients, so I'm sure histogen will have 'some' news soon enough. They still doing a 3 month update?

Comment

• Losing_It
                • Jun 2011

Well, I need to read the paper again because I was not aware that each treatment area received 4 injections. Lets all stay positive. At least we have companies working on this. I suppose that is all we can ask for.

Comment

• bostonhooligan
                  • Sep 2010

Phase II Results!

Just found this:

Comment

• gmonasco
                    Inactive
                    • Apr 2010

That paper references stimulating the growth of miniaturizing and resting hairs, but not creating new hairs.

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

That is fantastic.. I love how it's effective on women as well.

can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Gjm127
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by bostonhooligan
                        Wahooo!!!!

Comment

• bostonhooligan
                          • Sep 2010

Biggest take-home message for me was:

"Phase I/II shows 46.5% greater increase in total hair count as compared to the Pilot HSC clinical trial at 12 weeks."

Great news!

Comment

• Jan 2012

HOLY SHIT!

Terminal hair + 79.74&#37;
                            79% growth AFTER ONLY THREE MONTHS?

Phase I/II shows 46.5% greater increase in total hair count as compared to the Pilot HSC clinical trial at 12 weeks
                            amazing.... just amazing. Time to celebrate

Comment

• gmonasco
                              Inactive
                              • Apr 2010

Again, note that "increased hair growth" is not the same thing as "created new hairs." What's being referenced in the article is the stimulation of miniaturized and resting hairs, not the creation of new hair follicles. It helps hair you already have, but may not do anything to make up for lost hair.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by gmonasco
                                Again, note that "increased hair growth" is not the same thing as "created new hairs." What's being referenced in the article is the stimulation of miniaturized and resting hairs, not the creation of new hair follicles.
                                But would creating new hair follicles be necessary if the issue is just genetic alopecia? Couldn't we just induce the existing follicles to grow hair?

Comment

Working...