Threaded View

Arrow Spencer Kobren Answers Questions About Relationship With Dr. Hitzig

Email sent to The Bald Truth:

Spencer,

I listened to your interview with Dr Gary Hitzig and was somewhat optimistic to what he had to say about ACELL.

I typed in Gary Hitzig on the internet to find out more about the guy and was shocked to find out this guy has a very shady past. Dr Hitzig was in a lawsuit 10 years ago over several botched hair transplants where he was suppose to be the doctor in charge. Many of the hair transplants were preformed by a New York sanitation worker who worked for Dr Hitzig. The sanitation worker had no medical experience and was preforming hair transplants in the absence of Dr Hitzig. I see he is not even recommended by the bald truth as a reputable surgeon. My question to you is why you would even give this guy air time with his deceitful past. I am a hair loss sufferer and am praying for a breakthrough so hairloss sufferers can live happy normal lives without the constant misery of having to deal with their hair loss. I listened to your interview with Dr Hitzig and went to bed thinking that maybe this is the magic bullet. After doing some research I now think Dr Hitzig is a con-artist misleading desperate vulnerable hair loss sufferers into another scam. The bald truth has a loyal following of listeners whom I beleive really stick with you Spencer because you are genuine and really do have their interests at heart. If Dr Hitzig leads many of your listeners astray it will have a severe impact on the bald truth and your credibility. I really like your show and website but feel you are
    treading into dangerous territory if Dr Hitzig turns out to be another hoax. Many people cling to you and the bald truth as their last hope in forging ahead to find a cure for baldness. All I can advise is to really keep the microscope on this guy.

- S
    --------------------

Dear S,

I really appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns about Dr. Hitzig. I know that others have brought up the same issues and I think it’s a good time to address the situation online for those who have not heard my responses to these concerns on my live broadcast.

First, I think it’s important to note that I am completely aware of Dr. Hitzig's past alleged transgressions. As a matter of fact, it was I who brought them to light on my radio program back in the late nineties, which unfortunately led to a legal battle between Dr. Hitzig and myself.

With that said, I believe it is my professional and moral obligation as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator, to put my personal feelings aside in order to provide my listeners and readers the latest information on potentially cutting edge hair loss treatments.

If ACell’s Matristem turns out to be a breakthrough in the fight against hair loss, Dr. Hitzig certainly deserves the credit for being the first to experiment with the product in his practice and present his initial findings to the scientific community.

One point that I always drive home is that at this time the use of ACell’s Matristem in hair restoration is strictly experimental, and I myself will not be having any type of ACell treatment performed on my scalp until the verdict is in about the results. I also make it clear that Dr. Hitzig is not an accepted member of the IAHRS and I have no current data concerning the quality of his more recent hair transplant work.

I, as much as anyone, hope that we are on on the cusp of a true breakthrough, but I remain cousiously optimistic and advise all of you to do the same.

-Spencer Kobren