Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasinfla
    • Dec 2010

Hair Miniaturization Test

Would anyone know of a place in Orlando, Florida that would have something like this? I believe that I'm starting to thin in my whorl/crown area and if I could, like to get it checked out. Thanks!!
  • CIT_Girl
    • Mar 2010

Your best bet might be to make an appointment with a hair loss/hair restoration physician who can assess your hair loss and determine whether you are experiencing MPB. If so, they will be able to recommend and/or prescribe various therapies, such as finasteride (which generally works well for hair loss in the crown, particularly in young men who are just starting to lose their hair). Here's a list of IAHRS hair restoration experts in Florida: http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/florida/.

Comment

• jasinfla
      • Dec 2010

Thanks CIT Girl...not to ask you a question but is Rogaine something that helps the crown/whorl area and also, again not to ask you another question, but about a couple of months ago, I got my haircut & the barber cut a whole lot of that area & including into that whorl area & I can tell you, from that day, it just looks a bit thinner in that area...have you heard of getting a haircut in that area cause hair to not grow correctly or maybe making the hair distressed? Thanks again.

Comment

• CIT_Girl
        • Mar 2010

Rogaine is not always as effective as Propecia but it is definitely thought to work best in the crown region- definitely something worth trying if you'd prefer to use a topical product as a first resort.

Don't worry, a hair cut would not have permanently thinned or altered the growth of your hair- though it could certainly make it appear a bit thinner if there's less length concealing the scalp.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have- I'm happy to help!

Comment

• jasinfla
          • Dec 2010

Thanks again for your responses, I greatly appreciate it. My wife says I'm not losing it & my hair is fine but she said if anything that I have caused some of my loss & will cause loss because I'm at a point at times that I am OCD & brush it continually which is really honestly insane. Again, hate asking questions, but if that is the case, is there a chance that hair could come back? Also with the coldness here in Florida (it's been cold for Florida-wise), the atmosphere of coming in from the cold & into the heat of the house and then if I brush it, could something like that cause hair to fall out & again, if not MPB related, will this grow back to normal? I know these are probably pretty stupid questions but again, thanks.

Comment

• CIT_Girl
            • Mar 2010

If it's not genetic male pattern baldness that you are experiencing, then I would think there's a good chance your hair will grow back in time.

Comment

• jasinfla
              • Dec 2010

Thanks again CIT Girl and have a great 2011!

Comment

Working...