Been off Finasteride for 2.5 weeks, am I doomed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSmyth
    • Feb 2012

Been off Finasteride for 2.5 weeks, am I doomed?

I took Fin for 4 years and during that time I did experience sides (I am 25 years old). My libido was lower, no spontaneaous erections, and some weight gain. I could still have sex but my desire for it was greatly reduced so I didn't have it much. I did masturbate but I think what compelled me to do so was to test if my penis was still working.

I decided to take some time off of it and I am 2.5 weeks out. I feel even less libido and my penis feels numb. Most people say their sides are long gone by this time period. In your experience, am I doomed to permanent side effects?
  • BaldingEagle
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by JSmyth
    I took Fin for 4 years and during that time I did experience sides (I am 25 years old). My libido was lower, no spontaneaous erections, and some weight gain. I could still have sex but my desire for it was greatly reduced so I didn't have it much. I did masturbate but I think what compelled me to do so was to test if my penis was still working.

I decided to take some time off of it and I am 2.5 weeks out. I feel even less libido and my penis feels numb. Most people say their sides are long gone by this time period. In your experience, am I doomed to permanent side effects?
    Not at all. When I took it for 3 months my sides vanished after quitting 2 weeks later.

When I quit after 10 months my sides went away slowly after a month, and fully recovered after 3 months.

Comment

Working...