Threaded View

Default I never thought it would happen to me

I am 30 years old, male, and just realized a few months ago that my hair is thinning, with definite signs of male pattern baldness. I am really devastated. I have always had a high hairline, even as a child, but my family has no significant history of hairloss. My father and brothers all still have their hair, and both my grandfathers lived to their nineties, and were probably somewhere between a Norwood 2 or 3 by the end of their lives. It never ocurred to me that I might lose my hair.

I know some men look good with a bald head, but on me it would just look ridiculous. I feel like this has robbed me of my youth. I'm so self-conscious I don't want to go out anymore. I dread meeting people I haven't seen in a while, because I feel like my hairloss is the first thing they will notice about me. I started propecia and rogaine a few weeks ago. I wish I had been on them two years ago. I'm glad I found this community. I am now researching HT docs and procedures, with a goal of having a procedure sometime this year or next, but I want to take enough time to make sure I find a good doc, and get the best possible result.