Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeTillman
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by hairhairhair456
    Was wondering if Joe or someone could answer as to why tricopigmentation would be suitable for this, but not permanent SMP.
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier. To be honest, I'm not entirely certain why permanent SMP is not offered often for adding density to longer hair. It may have something to do with the deeper nature of the incisions and how it may cause shock. Regardless, I just don't think doing a permanent tattoo on one's scalp is smart. There is no way to know how it's going to react over the long term. Trico, when performed correctly, is much more shallow and when it's gone it's gone. It's not a perfect solution but it doesn't put you into a corner like permanent SMP can.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• hairhairhair456
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by JoeTillman
      Sorry I didn't respond earlier. To be honest, I'm not entirely certain why permanent SMP is not offered often for adding density to longer hair.
      Yes, but the point of that part of my previous response was that it IS often offered... as nearly every permanent SMP company i have ever seen discusses using it to treat women with thinning hair, patchy alopecia, or even just guys who want to wear it longer. I had tried to link to 3 of the largest SMP companies discussing it, and i was just surprised to see that you weren't aware of this.

Regardless, I just don't think doing a permanent tattoo on one's scalp is smart. There is no way to know how it's going to react over the long term. Trico, when performed correctly, is much more shallow and when it's gone it's gone. It's not a perfect solution but it doesn't put you into a corner like permanent SMP can.
      Ok, but in your previous comment you seemed to be specifically talking about adding density to longer hair, instead of the debate about whether temporary or permanent is better in general. Perhaps it came out differently than you meant to say.

Leaving the temporary vs permanent debate aside, they are equally viable for adding density to longer hair.

Comment

• JoeTillman
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by hairhairhair456
        Yes, but the point of that part of my previous response was that it IS often offered... as nearly every permanent SMP company i have ever seen discusses using it to treat women with thinning hair, patchy alopecia, or even just guys who want to wear it longer. I had tried to link to 3 of the largest SMP companies discussing it, and i was just surprised to see that you weren't aware of this.

Ok, but in your previous comment you seemed to be specifically talking about adding density to longer hair, instead of the debate about whether temporary or permanent is better in general. Perhaps it came out differently than you meant to say.

Leaving the temporary vs permanent debate aside, they are equally viable for adding density to longer hair.
        If more permanent SMP companies are offering long hair services then so be it. This wasn't always the case and to be blunt, I'm not paying attention to permanent SMP companies nowadays since most are con artists and thugs. The short time I dealt with some of the people on that side of the field was extremely unpleasant.

But no, you can't leave the temp vs. permanent debate aside as that is the underlying point. The downsides of permanent SMP affect buzzcut as well as long hair scenarios respectively. The dots are made differently and if you have dots that are turning blue or spreading and causing a confluence of ink long hair will not hide the problems. If you can see scalp without the dots you'll see the problems that the dots will create in the same space.
        Joe Tillman
        The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
        See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Comment

• hairhairhair456
          • Jan 2016

But no, you can't leave the temp vs. permanent debate aside as that is the underlying point.
          Yes but that's really a different argument than the one you first made, and is the reason i said to leave it aside. You initially said that permanent SMP wasn't suitable for adding density to long hair, and that it was usually used for short hair. I wanted to inform anyone reading this that permanent SMP works just as well for adding density to long hair, lest they get the impression from your comment that it somehow wouldn't work visually.

I've started a new thread to continue the discussion, as i dont want to hijack this thread. (Link to new thread.)

Comment

Working...