Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drip
    • Mar 2015

Propecia in the news

I haven't been keeping up with propecia for a while now, cosntantly thinking if I should get on it or not. The side effects that people report really frighten me and whenever I use the news function on Google to find new information or studies about the product, I only see negative articles about the sexual dysfunction side effects.

Is there any way to get more comfortable with the idea of possible side effects? I don't want to cause any permanent damage to my body, since I'm only 20 and have to live with this decision for a very long time.

thanks in advance for your advice
  • topt
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by drip
    I haven't been keeping up with propecia for a while now, cosntantly thinking if I should get on it or not. The side effects that people report really frighten me and whenever I use the news function on Google to find new information or studies about the product, I only see negative articles about the sexual dysfunction side effects.

Is there any way to get more comfortable with the idea of possible side effects? I don't want to cause any permanent damage to my body, since I'm only 20 and have to live with this decision for a very long time.

thanks in advance for your advice
    I am sorry but what do you expect people will say here. Its a hairloss forum.
    Its great, no sides, best thing ever. There is a lot more than just sexual dysfunction.

Dedicated to providing health care professionals with the trusted information, resources and education they need to optimize patient outcomes and improve care.

"Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with AGA is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased."

Comment

• Thaddaeus
      • Jul 2015

Probability of permanent side effects is very low, if you do get side effects early on from taking it then these will usually subside as your body adapts to a different hormonal profile.
      There's always an element of risk... that's life!

Comment

Working...