Where are the phase IIb results for Bimatoprost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • breakbot
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
    Alright, well let me know when you've solved hair loss and are a billionaire. What happened to that 90-something page thread you had going with 95% of those posts belonging to you? Couldn't figure it out? Damn, you had me convinced you were so close.

Given that you thought you could figure out hair loss by loosely piecing together a bunch of peer reviewed journals, you're not someone I'd ever listen to advice from.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    You shouldn't behave this way to Eldarlmario..I''l tell you that he is very close to find the cure. You shouldn't fight with a person whose dedicated to find the last pieces of Cotsarelis research.

Comment

• Occulus
      • Dec 2013

Alright, well let me know when you've solved hair loss and are a billionaire. What happened to that 90-something page thread you had going with 95% of those posts belonging to you? Couldn't figure it out? Damn, you had me convinced you were so close.

Given that you thought you could figure out hair loss by loosely piecing together a bunch of peer reviewed journals, you're not someone I'd ever listen to advice from.

Thanks, but no thanks.
      Bim is the closest, effective new protocol we've had since Dut. If Bim doesn't work out, it will be a minimum of five to seven years before something else MIGHT be available. If Bim doesn't play out, we can all take a break from the forums for the rest of the decade, because there won't be anything new until then.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Occulus
        Bim is the closest, effective new protocol we've had since Dut. If Bim doesn't work out, it will be a minimum of five to seven years before something else MIGHT be available. If Bim doesn't play out, we can all take a break from the forums for the rest of the decade, because there won't be anything new until then.
        Nah if bim doesn't come out next month, it'll be here in a year or so. They've shown they will continue development to bring it to market. The only question remains is their progress. If they've known that this drug works for the past year and haven't done anything about it, they are morons (but I highly doubt this is the case).

Worst comes to worst, they haven't begun phase 3, in which case it will be a year or so. But I highly, highly doubt this is the case.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by breakbot
          You shouldn't behave this way to Eldarlmario..I''l tell you that he is very close to find the cure. You shouldn't fight with a person whose dedicated to find the last pieces of Cotsarelis research.
          I'm sorry, I'm not treating anyone poorly, just putting things into perspective. After every post I've made about bim, you've called me a liar, BSer, I'm dreaming, full of it etc etc. Now you're telling me how to talk to people? You think some dude on a forum is closer to the cure than Cots? DELUSIONAL! AND you had a problem with me posting about bim all this time...only to find out that I've been right on the money about pretty much everything.

Who do you think you are?

Comment

• burtandernie
            • Nov 2012

Lets pretend this is out now. How much would it cost and how often would you need to use it and in what amount? I know its guessing, but is it going to be really expensive compared to say minox and fin per month?

Comment

• eldarlmario
              • Sep 2015

Nah if bim doesn't come out next month, it'll be here in a year or so. They've shown they will continue development to bring it to market. The only question remains is their progress. If they've known that this drug works for the past year and haven't done anything about it, they are morons (but I highly doubt this is the case).

Worst comes to worst, they haven't begun phase 3, in which case it will be a year or so. But I highly, highly doubt this is the case.
              dude, i have used this http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-222336-tafluprost.html . It's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY~~~~~ than bimatoprost. Did nothing and even accelerated shedding. On top of that- it caused nerve pain in my left arm and some tinnitus in my right ear. Furthermore, Dr Cotsarelis's PGD2 study already stated that PGF2a levels are slightly elevated in bald scalp when compared to haired-scalp. U are going to get disappointed BIGTIME if you still pin all that hope on Bimatoprost.

*PS take note im refering to hair on the balding scalp- i have no doubt that Bimatoprost works for elongating eyelashes- on top of worsening your dark eye circles and causing fat loss underneath your eyes. How do I know all these?? I have already tried all these before. Seriously, I really wished that PGF2a would work for hair gorwth on the bald scalp- but all the Data PLUS my own experience doesnt says so.

Comment

• JayM
                • Apr 2015

I'm sorry, I'm not treating anyone poorly, just putting things into perspective. After every post I've made about bim, you've called me a liar, BSer, I'm dreaming, full of it etc etc. Now you're telling me how to talk to people? You think some dude on a forum is closer to the cure than Cots? DELUSIONAL! AND you had a problem with me posting about bim all this time...only to find out that I've been right on the money about pretty much everything.

Holy sh*t I thought he was trolling.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JayM
                  Holy sh*t I thought he was trolling.
                  HAHA I didn't even consider it. Holy crap it's been a long day.

Comment

• barfacan
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by eldarlmario
                    dude, i have used this http://www.scbt.com/datasheet-222336-tafluprost.html . It's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY~~~~~ than bimatoprost. Did nothing and even accelerated shedding. On top of that- it caused nerve pain in my left arm and some tinnitus in my right ear. Furthermore, Dr Cotsarelis's PGD2 study already stated that PGF2a levels are slightly elevated in bald scalp when compared to haired-scalp. U are going to get disappointed BIGTIME if you still pin all that hope on Bimatoprost.

*PS take note im refering to hair on the balding scalp- i have no doubt that Bimatoprost works for elongating eyelashes- on top of worsening your dark eye circles and causing fat loss underneath your eyes. How do I know all these?? I have already tried all these before. Seriously, I really wished that PGF2a would work for hair gorwth on the bald scalp- but all the Data PLUS my own experience doesnt says so.

Agreed.

You're going to have to use PGE2; the REAL shit

Comment

• breakbot
                      • Feb 2014

Haha I'm with you man on this. It was a joke.
                      Eldarlmario will cure us all.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

found out another bit of information that we could add to the pile -

I had no idea exactly what the Irvine CA campus was used for after the merger. Before, it was the HQ, and now the HQ is in NJ. Turns out, the Irvine CA campus is now the base for Allergan's aesthetic medicine unit. Hopefully, everyone knows by now that their R&D update takes place there. We also know that they are preparing to release a new drug, and that this drug will be distributed worldwide via their plant in Waco, which primarily makes restasis and bimatoprost based products.

Needless to say, whatever the new drug is, it is very likely that it will be something in aesthetics. After all, what purpose or significance would it serve for them to have the conference there, unless the highlight of the "show" had something to do with aesthetics?

Taking a look at their late-stage aesthetic pipeline from the last presentation, it shows kybella (launched), two acne drugs in phase 3, bimatoprost for hair growth, and dermal fillers (one had launched last month). Allergan's new thing is all about going "bold" in what they do. I believe if their going to note the importance of their aesthetic campus, and want to be bold, the way to do it is with the release of an effective hair loss product. That is bold, and the world would take notice for sure. Sure, acne treatments are good and all, but would not grab the same attention that an effective hair loss treatment would.

Comment

• champpy
                          • Apr 2015

It would be bold, but i think its more likely they are expanding in waco because of the release and expected demand of kybella. I want to be hopeful but sometimes they easiest explanation is the most likely one. I really want to be proven wrong though man. there's just no real evidence that a hair loss product is any further along then those other phase 3 drugs

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by champpy
                            It would be bold, but i think its more likely they are expanding in waco because of the release and expected demand of kybella. I want to be hopeful but sometimes they easiest explanation is the most likely one. I really want to be proven wrong though man. there's just no real evidence that a hair loss product is any further along then those other phase 3 drugs
                            Kybella is not a "new" drug. It has already been released and has it's own production. The article I posted also details that the money is for new equipment to make new packaging, not to make a new drug at that plant. That plant produces mostly restasis and bimatoprost. Please read all the material I've posted recently. I'm not pulling sh-- out of thin air, I think you are ignoring a lot of the details.

"The easiest explanation is usually the most likely one" - hmm... so nothing about bim for a year, gets a mention among a number of very late stage drugs, 3 months later there is a Q3 and pipeline update event from the Allergan HQ of aesthetics, meanwhile new packaging is being created at a plant in Waco which does worldwide distribution of Latisse with 22,000 sq ft solely for making that product. Sorry you so badly want those results, but I've said all along they would not say anything until they have a product to market, and that is something that Waco article reiterated about the new drug.

There is also mention in the article that if demand for these new products increases, they will hire more workers by Q3 2016, the one year mark after what I'm predicting is a launch for bim. Believe what you want, but I don't think you're using much logic.

Comment

• HelloVera
                              • Oct 2015

Hoping its a Mexican stand off scenario leading up to the Congress and after it leads to a rush for a viable treatment like Bim to be bought out by these companies after seeing how close the others are. Esp if the new ones are a improvement on the big 2.

Comment

• champpy
                                • Apr 2015

Kybella is not a "new" drug. It has already been released and has it's own production. The article I posted also details that the money is for new equipment to make new packaging, not to make a new drug at that plant. That plant produces mostly restasis and bimatoprost. Please read all the material I've posted recently. I'm not pulling sh-- out of thin air, I think you are ignoring a lot of the details.

"The easiest explanation is usually the most likely one" - hmm... so nothing about bim for a year, gets a mention among a number of very late stage drugs, 3 months later there is a Q3 and pipeline update event from the Allergan HQ of aesthetics, meanwhile new packaging is being created at a plant in Waco which does worldwide distribution of Latisse with 22,000 sq ft solely for making that product. Sorry you so badly want those results, but I've said all along they would not say anything until they have a product to market, and that is something that Waco article reiterated about the new drug.

There is also mention in the article that if demand for these new products increases, they will hire more workers by Q3 2016, the one year mark after what I'm predicting is a launch for bim. Believe what you want, but I don't think you're using much logic.
                                Can you tell me then how they possibly managed to get away with phase 3 being a secretive test? Doesnt that have to be disclosed or am i pulling s_ out of thin air again?

and if it does have to be disclosed, then that means they haven't started phase 3 yet and it would be another year from now, right?

Comment

Working...