Where are the phase IIb results for Bimatoprost?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slam1523
    • May 2014

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
    lol ok fine. There are just some dudes on here who test my patience with their endless negativity, and being so contrary just for the sake of it. It cannot skip phase 3.

I've done a lot of digging - reading articles, watching interviews etc. It seems to me that a very likely scenario is that they've continued on with trials. However, the trial hasn't been posted to clinicaltrials.gov with very good reason.

Firstly, this drug already exists in the market, and according to former Allergan CEO David Pyott, many people were trying to get their hands on latisse before it got to market. In this case, it would be worse because other companies can make the drug, and if you wanted, you could buy pure bimatoprost powder off a website like alibaba.com and make it yourself. This would hurt their profits and their customers. The drug has not passed trials yet, and the FDA wouldn't want an outrageous situation where a popular hair loss treatment would get in the hands of the public in a unsafe and unregulated fashion, because this would undoubtedly happen if word got out.

Secondly, they set up their phase 2 trials with enough participants so that if they saw positive results, they could immediately jump into a phase 3. Therefore, posting to clinicaltrials.gov as a recruitment tool wouldn't be necessary.

So, I think they could have quietly progressed, and in accordance with the FDA, have omitted their trial to be posted on clinicaltrials.gov, for the reasons I have posted. It's unusual, complex, but I think it makes more sense then them slowing down the program by a year, if it was successful. There's no reason to do that.

I also think the acquisition of Kythera and Setipiprant is good reason to believe bimatoprost worked. With that move, it proves they want to dominate the medical aesthetics market. Not only that, but they are mutually reliant on prostaglandin science, which is why they are as positive about Setipiprant as they are. About 10% of men do something about their hair loss. With a side effect-free drug like setipiprant, and a drug that will regrow anywhere on the scalp, that number would jump to near 100%. Which means $$$$$$$$$$$$. No man wants to be bald.
    That's a lot of confidence... I'd love for you to be right!

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Slam1523
      That's a lot of confidence... I'd love for you to be right!
      Can you imagine the stampede of people trying to get bimatoprost the black market route, or the number of labs that would concoct and sell it themselves if word got out?

Comment

• Hemo
        • Apr 2015

lol ok fine. There are just some dudes on here who test my patience with their endless negativity, and being so contrary just for the sake of it. It cannot skip phase 3.

I've done a lot of digging - reading articles, watching interviews etc. It seems to me that a very likely scenario is that they've continued on with trials. However, the trial hasn't been posted to clinicaltrials.gov with very good reason.

Firstly, this drug already exists in the market, and according to former Allergan CEO David Pyott, many people were trying to get their hands on latisse before it got to market. In this case, it would be worse because other companies can make the drug, and if you wanted, you could buy pure bimatoprost powder off a website like alibaba.com and make it yourself. This would hurt their profits and their customers. The drug has not passed trials yet, and the FDA wouldn't want an outrageous situation where a popular hair loss treatment would get in the hands of the public in a unsafe and unregulated fashion, because this would undoubtedly happen if word got out.

Secondly, they set up their phase 2 trials with enough participants so that if they saw positive results, they could immediately jump into a phase 3. Therefore, posting to clinicaltrials.gov as a recruitment tool wouldn't be necessary.

So, I think they could have quietly progressed, and in accordance with the FDA, have omitted their trial to be posted on clinicaltrials.gov, for the reasons I have posted. It's unusual, complex, but I think it makes more sense then them slowing down the program by a year, if it was successful. There's no reason to do that.

I also think the acquisition of Kythera and Setipiprant is good reason to believe bimatoprost worked. With that move, it proves they want to dominate the medical aesthetics market. Not only that, but they are mutually reliant on prostaglandin science, which is why they are as positive about Setipiprant as they are. About 10% of men do something about their hair loss. With a side effect-free drug like setipiprant, and a drug that will regrow anywhere on the scalp, that number would jump to near 100%. Which means $$$$$$$$$$$$. No man wants to be bald.
        I really think you're overemphasizing the Kythera acquisition. Lets face it, Allergan wanted the double chin treatment and anything else is a bonus. There's no reason for an Allergan rep to talk poorly about set until they decide what they truly want to do with it, of course he's gonna say he's excited. You and nameless keep coming up with these grandiose ideas of what's going on behind the scenes for bim and SM when we really have no clue, and won't until something is released.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Hemo
          I really think you're overemphasizing the Kythera acquisition. Lets face it, Allergan wanted the double chin treatment and anything else is a bonus. There's no reason for an Allergan rep to talk poorly about set until they decide what they truly want to do with it, of course he's gonna say he's excited. You and nameless keep coming up with these grandiose ideas of what's going on behind the scenes for bim and SM when we really have no clue, and won't until something is released.
          So you think that Set was "just a bonus" and doesn't fit with anything they have? lol The people who run these companies are extremely calculating.

To think that they bought a company for $2B and all they wanted a was a drug that is matched by diet and exercise.

Also that Allergan rep was their CEO who said that Set will "Drive additional long term growth." That's quite an endorsement.

My ideas aren't grandiose. I've done a lot of research, and I connect the dots the best I can. Sorry you disagree, maybe you should do a little more homework.

Comment

• Trouse5858
            • Apr 2014

The fact that they care more about a freaking double chin treatment (AKA don't be a fat slob. Cured!) as opposed to hairloss makes me want to light myself on fire and jump out of a building.

Comment

• Hemo
              • Apr 2015

So you think that Set was "just a bonus" and doesn't fit with anything they have? lol The people who run these companies are extremely calculating.

To think that they bought a company for $2B and all they wanted a was a drug that is matched by diet and exercise.

Also that Allergan rep was their CEO who said that Set will "Drive additional long term growth." That's quite an endorsement.

My ideas aren't grandiose. I've done a lot of research, and I connect the dots the best I can. Sorry you disagree, maybe you should do a little more homework.
              Yes, I think they likely saw some value in Seti, but I think their commitment will come down to how much more they have to invest. If it's effective and won't require another 10 years to develop, then sure, I bet they're happy.

And to shrug off the double chin treatment because it's something that has the same effect as diet and exercise is incredibly naive. How many women have you heard say they would like to lose a couple pounds? How many do you think would prefer to stop by a doctor's office for an injection rather than spend months at the gym while eating well? The fact of the matter is that people are lazy, and even if it's just for double chins, they're making it incredibly easy to get rid of, which will attract many many people that a.) don't exercise routinely and b.) don't want surgery. TBH, I'd bet they're more interested in expanding the research for this treatment for other parts of the body than they are in Seti.

I'm not saying Seti will get dropped (hell, it could be incredibly effective), but I doubt Allergan would have given Kythera the time of day without the chin treatment. And reread your posts - you're not connecting dots, you're making dots up and then speculating about fictitious info. There is absolutely nothing to back up most of what you said.

Comment

• Hemo
                • Apr 2015

(and I'm not trying to be negative, just a realist. The fact of the matter is that none of this means anything until a product is released).

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  • Sep 2014

And reread your posts - you're not connecting dots, you're making dots up and then speculating about fictitious info. There is absolutely nothing to back up most of what you said.
                  Ugh, then don't read my posts. I don't make up dots, and I never have. I don't have the time to re-reference what I post. You're just uninformed. This is why I didn't want to post about this, because I knew somebody would come out of the blue and say "ur making this stuff up."

Bottom line: I don't give a crap what you think. I don't pull stuff from thin air. If you're curious, from now on, do your own damn homework.

BTW you've speculated a ton with how important Seti is to Allergan, as well as pretty much everything about their double-chin drug.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Trouse5858
                    The fact that they care more about a freaking double chin treatment (AKA don't be a fat slob. Cured!) as opposed to hairloss makes me want to light myself on fire and jump out of a building.
                    That's complete speculation. By the way, Kybella costs about $2400 on average, yea so I'm sure the next time someone becomes overweight they will pay that much just to have their double-chin removed, and keep the fat on their stomach, thighs, face, arms etc.

Surely that's what most people would do.

Comment

• Hemo
                      • Apr 2015

That's complete speculation. By the way, Kybella costs about $2400 on average, yea so I'm sure the next time someone becomes overweight they will pay that much just to have their double-chin removed, and keep the fat on their stomach, thighs, face, arms etc.

Surely that's what most people would do.
                      Compare the $2400 cost to surgery, because that is what it's going up against. A less invasive and more affordable procedure is going to attract more people and can't really be downplayed (2400 really is not that much compared to other cosmetic procedures). Look at it this way - if there was an injectable hair loss treatment that was cheaper than (or even more expensive) a hair transplant and just as effective, which would you choose?

just saying "They haven't released bim results and won't tell investors about them, so results must be great. Oh, and they likely moved on to phase 3 with the same participants since the trials can't be found anywhere, and they'll announce everything on their next call. Yup, that's it!"

Even if it's very effective, which it very well might be, I think it's more up to whether or not they can protect the drug. They're not going to continue to invest in a treatment that other companies can recreate using bim. I'm not arguing whether or not it's effective since I have no clue, but you've made some lofty conclusions based on essentially nothing.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        • Sep 2014

Compare the $2400 cost to surgery, because that is what it's going up against. A less invasive and more affordable procedure is going to attract more people and can't really be downplayed (2400 really is not that much compared to other cosmetic procedures). Look at it this way - if there was an injectable hair loss treatment that was cheaper than (or even more expensive) a hair transplant and just as effective, which would you choose?

just saying "They haven't released bim results and won't tell investors about them, so results must be great. Oh, and they likely moved on to phase 3 with the same participants since the trials can't be found anywhere, and they'll announce everything on their next call. Yup, that's it!"

Even if it's very effective, which it very well might be, I think it's more up to whether or not they can protect the drug. They're not going to continue to invest in a treatment that other companies can recreate using bim. I'm not arguing whether or not it's effective since I have no clue, but you've made some lofty conclusions based on essentially nothing.
                        Dude, I don't care. Agree to disagree.

btw the cost of kybella to lipo for submental fullness is essentially the same, you can look it up.

I just want to point out that my conclusions are my own, but they are based on actual facts surrounding these drugs themselves. Take the time to actually look this stuff up. Everything you've posted is complete opinion and nothing more.

Done.

Comment

• breakbot
                          • Feb 2014

btw the cost of kybella to lipo for submental fullness is essentially the same, you can look it up.

I just want to point out that my conclusions are my own, but they are based on actual facts surrounding these drugs themselves. Take the time to actually look this stuff up. Everything you've posted is complete opinion and nothing more.

Done.
                          You are a natural talent in bs. Bimatoprost is pretty much dead that's why they will not release the results. If you like to study do your homework and inform us which companies announce failed tested drugs. Another crazy idea that came from your head is that they had great results and they want to stop people from testing it. I doubt that people outside these crazy forums would test a drug from uknown sources.
                          Man you should stop dreaming about it.

Comment

• champpy
                            • Apr 2015

So let me ask. We have Bim already available to us, but the concentration they were using is too expensive to make on our own, right?

I say that if they don't tell us if it works or not by the conference call in april, we pool some money together and have a 5% concentration made and choose a trusted test subject to try it out.

That way we will have a good idea if this is even worth our time or not. Im willing to put $50 dollars down. If we can get a group to donate $25 each I think we could raise enough to get a batch made and we can test it ourselves.

Would anyone else be in for this "test", or are there all kinds of problems with my test idea?

Comment

• Hemo
                              • Apr 2015

btw the cost of kybella to lipo for submental fullness is essentially the same, you ctjn look it up.

Done.
                              Again, it's about convenience and invasiveness. Lets wait and see.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by breakbot
                                You are a natural talent in bs. Bimatoprost is pretty much dead that's why they will not release the results. If you like to study do your homework and inform us which companies announce failed tested drugs. Another crazy idea that came from your head is that they had great results and they want to stop people from testing it. I doubt that people outside these crazy forums would test a drug from uknown sources.
                                Man you should stop dreaming about it.
                                You're pretty bullheaded, and you admitted in another thread that you're not optimistic about anything and have a negative bias.

For the last time - this drug exists in the market. Anyone with enough money or determination could make it themselves if positive results were released. But, they haven't released ANY results, so we just don't know. My ideas make sense, but like I said you have an obvious negative bias and are bullheaded.

We'll see who's right soon enough.

Comment

Working...