This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keki
    • Mar 2015

Devon what are the chance you can start the trial in april? 50%? 80%? 100%?

Comment

• Illusion
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by follicept
      Thanks! If everyone would prefer, since they are so confident it won't work, I could just quit now and go back to teaching scuba diving and tell Dr. Hsu to go back to a fat academic salary- we'd both be making more than we are now. That way we wouldn't have to worry about succeeding
      How on earth did you get from teaching scuba diving to working on hair loss treaments? That's quite an interesting career switch

Originally posted by tf2legend
      Can anyone explain to me why they think they will see results with this in as little as a couple of weeks when minoxidil takes about 6 months to see results
      He said it could be possible to see results in as little as 12 days, but it's not guaranteed.

Comment

• follicept
        • Feb 2015

[QUOTE=Clion1995;202137]
        Originally posted by noisette
        Devon, I don't know if you have seen this study called : " Safety and efficacy analysis of liposomal insulin-like growth factor-1 in a fluid gel formulation for hair-loss treatment in a hamster model "

" These results strongly suggest that liposomal IGF-1 in a liquid gel formulation is a safe and efficient treatment for hair loss. "

source on Research gate website : Nice find noisette.
        Yeah we saw this one. And they use 1-3%, HUGE concentrations (possible side effects). Our formulation is orders of magnitude less than that.

Comment

• follicept
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Illusion
          How on earth did you get from teaching scuba diving to working on hair loss treaments? That's quite an interesting career switch

He said it could be possible to see results in as little as 12 days, but it's not guaranteed.
          Correct. We could but we don't know yet.

Hahaha yeah. I became an instructor the summer after my freshman year in college, and ended up putting myself through school that way (and I still do it on the side- teaching a student this weekend!). That's where I started the business, Dive Concierge, that saw 200k in revenue its 2nd or 3rd year. Finished up school, went to work for my dad in Hawaii managing a construction project for 7 months, worked for a guy I met on a dive trip doing environmental consulting related to the BP oil spill for a few months, then back to Hawaii for another 7 month stint. Then, I helped a friend start a manufacturing business in South Carolina, called Lumvatech, before starting my MBA. It was during my MBA that one of my best friends, who was one of Dr. Hsu's MD/PhD students, introduced me to Dr. Hsu and Prometheon. I was helping out with a few things, got more involved, and couldn't pass up the opportunity!

Comment

• follicept
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Keki
            Devon what are the chance you can start the trial in april? 50%? 80%? 100%?
            Wish I knew. It's out of my hands for the moment. But I can tell you I am 100% committed to getting this stupid vial ASAP. #1 priority, trust me.

Comment

• follicept
              • Feb 2015

Swooping,

Finally got an answer for you about stability:

Based on our past experience with insulin, it looks like peptides appeared to be stabler in our formulation. My hypothesis is because there is no water in our formulation, which reduces the chance of oxidation or/and hydrolysis of peptides.

Although we do not have an officially established stability data, the peptides maintained their activity for at least 5-7 days at room temperature.

We may ship out Follicept on ice pack just to be totally safe, and we will have CROs test in detail all the physicochemical properties of our formulation(s) as soon as we have sufficient funds.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

It might be worth, at some point, testing follicept in conjunction with oral finasteride.

DHT degrades the igf-1 in the follicle, and it's possible without fin, it could continue to degrade the igf-1 that follicept is delivering. This would be an easy test to do, and no need to add fin to the gel.

Of course, this is only worth testing if follicept alone doesn't end up working.

Comment

• Hairismylife
                  • Jun 2012

Wish I knew. It's out of my hands for the moment. But I can tell you I am 100% committed to getting this stupid vial ASAP. #1 priority, trust me.
                  Can you push the supplier for this?
                  I've never considered that the supply is an obstacle of the trial.

Comment

• Keki
                    • Mar 2015

That freaking igf-1 supplier is the first and last thought of the day, it's a curse for us, why the **** he is ignoring follicept? Devon how can we help you? We can help search some other potential supplier like lonza if you want, i wish i could squeeze my kidney for my tasty igf

Comment

• Swooping
                      • May 2014

Swooping,

Finally got an answer for you about stability:

Based on our past experience with insulin, it looks like peptides appeared to be stabler in our formulation. My hypothesis is because there is no water in our formulation, which reduces the chance of oxidation or/and hydrolysis of peptides.

Although we do not have an officially established stability data, the peptides maintained their activity for at least 5-7 days at room temperature.

We may ship out Follicept on ice pack just to be totally safe, and we will have CROs test in detail all the physicochemical properties of our formulation(s) as soon as we have sufficient funds.
                      Fair enough, thanks for the answer. Wish you good luck.

Comment

• follicept
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Keki
                        That freaking igf-1 supplier is the first and last thought of the day, it's a curse for us, why the **** he is ignoring follicept? Devon how can we help you? We can help search some other potential supplier like lonza if you want, i wish i could squeeze my kidney for my tasty igf
                        Hahaha me too. We have looked, there are very few. I got a call from them today, but it disconnected when I picked up. But they know I am trying to get a hold of them. When I finally do get a hold of them, I will let them know I have an army of people who will contact them if needed.

Comment

• follicept
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Hairismylife
                          Can you push the supplier for this?
                          I've never considered that the supply is an obstacle of the trial.
                          I have been calling all day.

Comment

• follicept
                            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Swooping
                            Fair enough, thanks for the answer. Wish you good luck.
                            No worries! Thanks!

Comment

• Helix
                              • Mar 2015

If you achieved good results with insulin on mice why don't you just try insulin with your new technology on humans ? You said that it probably binds to IGF1R just like IGF-1. Unlike IGF-1, insulin is readily available.

Comment

• follicept
                                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Helix
                                If you achieved good results with insulin on mice why don't you just try insulin with your new technology on humans ? You said that it probably binds to IGF1R just like IGF-1. Unlike IGF-1, insulin is readily available.
                                That would be a huge violation of FDA regulations. Plus, the rats were growing hair from the injections. Their systems work very differently (hence many peoples' skepticism) and it was the abundance of insulin that made them grow hair. If it were that easy, the hundreds of millions of people with diabetes in this world would be hairy. Likely, the amount of insulin we would have to deliver could kill them. Not a viable option.

Comment

Working...