Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mlamber5
    • Mar 2015

Not directly related to seti, but related to Cotsarelis
    He is presenting at the World Hair Congress in November on this topic "Stem cells and Stem cell niches"
    This is a pubmed article on the same topic by some Yale Biologists and geneticists, very interesting stuff...

Comment

• champpy
      • Apr 2015

Can someone tell me if the OC is supposed to help with Regrowth or just maintaining existing hairs, and if its a better option than RU?

Comment

• lukey
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by champpy
        Can someone tell me if the OC is supposed to help with Regrowth or just maintaining existing hairs, and if its a better option than RU?
        Hi Champpy, I've just started using OC but its too early to give any indication of results. Anecdotal evidence that I have read suggests its only for maintenance, but seeing as I have been on fin and minox and still slowly loosing I would be very happy with just maintenance from it.

OC attacks AGA from a different angle. It doesn't block or reduce DHT like RU so to say what is better is difficult, especially given how few people are using OC compared to RU (mainly because of the cost). I know very little about the science of how it is supposed to work but there's plenty info around on here somewhere as well as the other hair loss forums.

If you wanted to try something that isn't going to alter your DHT then give OC a go first, but it might be the case that it only works in combination with some form of DHT blockers. We don't know enough about it at the moment.

I hope my limited knowledge has been able to help in some way.

Comment

• champpy
          • Apr 2015

Well Lukey, you are by far more well versed than I. Thanks man! I am using RU, fin, minox, salt water, carpet glue, bleach....hahaha you name it and im on it, and still losing also. Why not throw OC into the mix as well.

Can I ask if you got yours from Kane also? Does it mix the same way RU does, in ethanol and propylene glycol?

Please keep us updated with any results, good or bad

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

this thread is very interesting

Comment

• RU58841
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
              SD whatever happened to TLR, have you heard from them lately?
              See this thread: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ore-Selling-OC

tl;dr: TLR has reportedly been caught selling taurine disguised as other drugs.

Comment

• RU58841
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by buck
                I e-mailed Kane about OC. He replied that a new batch will be ready in about 2-3 weeks and that the cost was $200/ gram. Does that sound right? At 1% every day or 2% every other day, that's over a three month supply.
                They're up to $200/gram now? Jesus. This sucks, man. I've said this before: the solution is already out there and available, it's just too damned expensive.

Comment

• buck
                  • May 2014

I thought that was down from $300/ gram…

Comment

• RU58841
                    • Mar 2015

Up from $150/gram in their most recent newsletter. Although if it used to be $300 that's a slight relief.

Comment

• Not giving up
                      • Jun 2015

Any further news on any of this? This really is the meaning of 'hope' to someone just wanting to mantain in the early stages of loss.

Comment

• Dench57
                        • Sep 2014

I can't believe their main concern (Kythera) is developing a drug to reduce double-chin fat. I've got a cure for that, it's called going to the ****ing gym and eating a salad once in a while. Infuriates me that a potential cure for something so irreversible and debilitating as MPB is playing second-fiddle to something as pathetic as that.

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Dench57
                          I can't believe their main concern (Kythera) is developing a drug to reduce double-chin fat. I've got a cure for that, it's called going to the ****ing gym and eating a salad once in a while. Infuriates me that a potential cure for something so irreversible and debilitating as MPB is playing second-fiddle to something as pathetic as that.
                          Because feminism and matriarchy!

Welcome to the new world's priorities. Men's health is irrelevant.

Comment

• JayM
                            • Apr 2015

Well yes and no. Im no expert but I assume chin fat isn't some kind of magic fat you don't find somewhere else. There are people who can't move chin fat like there are people who can't move hip fat or bum fat or fat on the arms. And I imagine this is where something like that could expand.

And with the money their going to get for the science and research put in its probably a better gain for less effort.

But in many cases yes going to the gym will help. I can't imagine if your 30 stone that this injection will do much for your Face. And again in general it's pathetic how we still don't have better treatments for hair.

Comment

• Dench57
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JayM
                              Well yes and no. Im no expert but I assume chin fat isn't some kind of magic fat you don't find somewhere else. There are people who can't move chin fat like there are people who can't move hip fat or bum fat or fat on the arms. And I imagine this is where something like that could expand.

And with the money their going to get for the science and research put in its probably a better gain for less effort.
                              Yeah you're right that it will be more profitable I guess. But I don't think chin fat is different to anywhere else on the body i.e can be burnt off with a strict diet and exercise. Obviously some areas are harder than others, like lovehandles are hard to burn off as a guy, but still possible.

Comment

• Trouse5858
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Dench57
                                I agree 100 percent and feel strongly that 9 out of 10 fat people are simply not dedicated to making the changes necessary to actually lose weight - namely eating healthy and working out. On the flip side, I would subject myself to truly horrible things and agonizing temporary pain on a daily basis if it meant having a full head of hair. Hell, I'd do 6 months solitary confinement starting tomorrow no questions asked. I realize that's a f---d up mindset but that's where I'm at.

Comment

Working...