OC and setipip news

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

The company is trying to make money whether chin fat or whatever else they want. If you lose weight that weight drops off everywhere you face, and everything else all changes with weight so I still think chin fat is under control of most people if they ever care to change it. I do think hormones though can make losing/gaining weight a lot easier or harder for some people.
    MPB is practically completely out of someones control though except for using treatments. You cant drop weight and gain your hair back

Comment

• Conpecia
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Trouse5858
      I agree 100 percent and feel strongly that 9 out of 10 fat people are simply not dedicated to making the changes necessary to actually lose weight - namely eating healthy and working out. On the flip side, I would subject myself to truly horrible things and agonizing temporary pain on a daily basis if it meant having a full head of hair. Hell, I'd do 6 months solitary confinement starting tomorrow no questions asked. I realize that's a f---d up mindset but that's where I'm at.
      Yet you wouldn't wear a hair system, right? Makes no sense to me. We could have any kind of hair we wanted, completely undetectable. But we won't do it because of the stigma associated with "wigs." Proving what this is all really about deep down, social acceptance.

Comment

• Not giving up
        • Jun 2015

Tbh I think that the biggest problem is that most people felt fin was the answer. It's only in recent times that fin's safety has become more questionable (not here to start a war on the safety of fin, but it's becom clear that there is a risk with it and frankly even at 2% is too high)
        I feel no one should have to even remotely risk the sides of fin to save their hair, even if that risk is small or not, we need a safer method and the biggest problem with getting that method up until now is simply because the majority of people thought hairloss was pretty much cured via fin/minox anyway.

The time for change has to be now.

Comment

• Not giving up
          • Jun 2015

Tbh I think that the biggest problem is that most people felt fin was the answer. It's only in recent times that fin's safety has become more questionable (not here to start a war on the safety of fin, but it's becom clear that there is a risk with it and frankly even at 2% is too high)
          I feel no one should have to even remotely risk the sides of fin to save their hair, even if that risk is small or not, we need a safer method and the biggest problem with getting that method up until now is simply because the majority of people thought hairloss was pretty much cured via fin/minox anyway.

The time for change has to be now.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
            • Sep 2014

21st Century Cures act is on the house floor tomorrow for a vote. If they get over 350 votes, then it looks like it will certainly be made law before they year is out.

I think this bill could very positively effect the trials for a drug like Setipiprant. It has an excellent safety profile with thousands of patients, has had a phase 3 trial, with little to no adverse events. I am speculating here, but from everything I've read, it seems that a drug with this kind of safety profile, and number of trials under its belt (8), Allergan may just have to prove its efficacy.

Although hair loss is not a life-threatening illness, it is a chronic condition, with no current treatment. Finasteride is not a real treatment. It is also stone-age medicine, with regard to hair loss.

I cannot say for sure that they would do this. However, given everything I've read in the bill, they want to speed up the process, especially for a drug with the safety of 8 trials, and thousands of patient's data. It's also alway been an oral medication. The only real question at this point is - does it work for hair loss?

Comment

• JayM
              • Apr 2015

I thought they used words like breakthrough drugs. I don't think it has to be just life saving.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by JayM
                I thought they used words like breakthrough drugs. I don't think it has to be just life saving.
                Yea, not just lifesaving. Breakthrough drugs that treat illnesses that have no treatment or cure. The idea behind it is to spur innovation, to basically make more money. A much needed overhaul, and would give the economy a boost. I believe Japan's laws changed in regards to stem cell therapies, to give their economy a boost.

It's about damn time.

Comment

• Sogeking
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                  21st Century Cures act is on the house floor tomorrow for a vote. If they get over 350 votes, then it looks like it will certainly be made law before they year is out.

I think this bill could very positively effect the trials for a drug like Setipiprant. It has an excellent safety profile with thousands of patients, has had a phase 3 trial, with little to no adverse events. I am speculating here, but from everything I've read, it seems that a drug with this kind of safety profile, and number of trials under its belt (8), Allergan may just have to prove its efficacy.

Although hair loss is not a life-threatening illness, it is a chronic condition, with no current treatment. Finasteride is not a real treatment. It is also stone-age medicine, with regard to hair loss.

I cannot say for sure that they would do this. However, given everything I've read in the bill, they want to speed up the process, especially for a drug with the safety of 8 trials, and thousands of patient's data. It's also alway been an oral medication. The only real question at this point is - does it work for hair loss?
                  Hey man would appreciate it if you let us know how the vote ends up going. Thanks.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Sogeking
                    Hey man would appreciate it if you let us know how the vote ends up going. Thanks.
                    Sure, I think the vote is actually Friday, though. Will post abt it later

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                      • Sep 2014

21st Century Cures passed the house 344-77. 70 of "no" votes were by Republicans (go figure).

This is excellent news. They were hoping to get 350 votes which is the overwhelming majority, but this is very close and the White House has expressed support of the bill and willing to work on it.

Comment

• Sogeking
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                        21st Century Cures passed the house 344-77. 70 of "no" votes were by Republicans (go figure).

This is excellent news. They were hoping to get 350 votes which is the overwhelming majority, but this is very close and the White House has expressed support of the bill and willing to work on it.
                        Lol Republicans. At Least they are always pro business...

Comment

• burtandernie
                          • Nov 2012

A little bit of a guess but how much in treatment timelines will this speed anything up? Out of all the possible stuff coming what is the first scheduled thing to arrive and what treatments for MPB might qualify for this speed increase?
                          To me CB 03 01 feels like another AA I mean there has to mounds of data on how these work by now. Does it really need 3 more years to prove its safe? I dont know out of all the new stuff CB feels like something we need fast as an alternative to propecia to just maintain for the other stuff. It also feels very familiar and safe IMO and throw in the fact its topical this time as a bonus.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by burtandernie
                            A little bit of a guess but how much in treatment timelines will this speed anything up? Out of all the possible stuff coming what is the first scheduled thing to arrive and what treatments for MPB might qualify for this speed increase?
                            To me CB 03 01 feels like another AA I mean there has to mounds of data on how these work by now. Does it really need 3 more years to prove its safe? I dont know out of all the new stuff CB feels like something we need fast as an alternative to propecia to just maintain for the other stuff. It also feels very familiar and safe IMO and throw in the fact its topical this time as a bonus.
                            Honestly, I think the drugs in trials that will benefit the most are likely bimatoprost and setipiprant.

Bimatoprost, because it's already on the market, has undergone as much as a phase 2b trial. There's also a provision for drugs that are repurposed. In this case, it would be eyelashes to hair.

Setipiprant, because it's undergone 8 clinical trials, including a phase 3. It has safety data on thousands of patients. There is much that is already known about this drug through data. The only thing that is missing is efficacy for hair loss. If the plan for the 21st Century Cures Act is to streamline the process, then it would be doing just that for a drug that has safely passed 8 clinical trials, and had a phase 3. Also "cures" hair loss for future generations.

I'm very optimistic because of how a lot of things are aligning. It might seem like this will never end, but for how badly things have gone, there is finally a GIANT and very well-funded company with well-researched drugs that will be able to solve hair loss for the masses. Simultaneously, there is a bill which plans to streamline, speed up, and modernize clinical trials. It just passed the house with 82% of the vote, and will likely be signed into law before the year is out.

I am speculating to a degree. If all that time, research, and drug development has amounted to two complementing, effective, drugs already in phase 2, and there is a law that will speed everything up...then this will be resolved rather soon.

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

Ah okay. I hope it turns out well and things happen quickly too. I wonder if fin will still have a place even with new treatments. None of the new treatments work exactly like finasteride so maybe it will still be used in combination.

Comment

• Xoxo
                                • Jun 2014

So what is the current state of setipip?
                                In the thread "Summer cutting edge treatments update: 2015" it says there will be a POC study 2016.
                                On the other hand, the active component seems to be available already on the market so that people could use it if they knew dosage and vehicle. Or find it out through experimentation. Oral taking also does not need a vehicle. My guess is that it is still pretty expensive right now. Are there already people using it? When might we be able to use it?

Comment

Working...