Best non-finasteride option to stop loss? Help out a returning old timer...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

Originally posted by Jazz1
    Reply from Susan guys;

"No, sorry no powder available for Bimatoprost! I can get the eye drop finished product Lumigan but not raw chemical."
    Jazz just wanted to say that you do an incredibly good job of supplying guys with effective topicals! These formulations can't get better really. Really enhances the minoxidil efficiency too.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Swooping
      Jazz just wanted to say that you do an incredibly good job of supplying guys with effective topicals! These formulations can't get better really. Really enhances the minoxidil efficiency too.
      I agree Jazz..I think the topical I got from susan is working for me. I got everything in it but finasteride...and I've been using it for 6 weeks and I shed an abnormal amount of hair which i think is probably a good sign.

Also, OP, if you don't like finasteride and don't want to risk side effects, I highly recommend you don't use RU because it will more than likely still give you similar sides to fin. If you are really sensitive to AA's like me, than you need to try out CB in a 5% concentration (it's expensive). Even at 2%, RU gave me sexual sides...although far less severe than fin.

Comment

• sdsurfin
        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
        I agree Jazz..I think the topical I got from susan is working for me. I got everything in it but finasteride...and I've been using it for 6 weeks and I shed an abnormal amount of hair which i think is probably a good sign.

Also, OP, if you don't like finasteride and don't want to risk side effects, I highly recommend you don't use RU because it will more than likely still give you similar sides to fin. If you are really sensitive to AA's like me, than you need to try out CB in a 5% concentration (it's expensive). Even at 2%, RU gave me sexual sides...although far less severe than fin.
        FTL what's in your solution? I can't take AAs either.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sdsurfin
          FTL what's in your solution? I can't take AAs either.
          SD, I am using azelaic acid, tretinoin, hydrocortisone and minox 5% in lotion form at the dosage the pharmacy recommended for each (it's all on their website).

I'm also getting CB, which I'm going to use in a custom vehicle at 5% once daily because I have just seen it used at this dosage with amazing results. I know they are using it at 5% twice daily in their trials, but I'm confident that 5% once daily will provide benefit, especially since I can't handle any other AA.

Comment

• KO1
            • Jan 2012

I think RU and CB are the best bets. I would not depend on OC or Seti yet as blocking CRTH2 receptor is an unproven treatment modality.

Comment

• sdsurfin
              • Sep 2013

FTL where are you getting cb, how much is it per month, and what is the vehicle?

Comment

• sdsurfin
                • Sep 2013

also where have you seen CB used with amazing results?

Comment

• burtandernie
                  • Nov 2012

Yeah let me know when you find the golden treatment thats not fin. Judging by the many different answers you get you can tell there isnt one. I think a good AA is still the best thing to shoot for. The big issue with RU, CB and all that is there is no real reputable place that makes the stuff. I dont consider some unknown place in china a reliable certified manufacturer, but RU might work well. Probably goes systemic though and unlike fin no one knows what that does once it goes systemic

Comment

• Pate
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by burtandernie
                    Yeah let me know when you find the golden treatment thats not fin. Judging by the many different answers you get you can tell there isnt one. I think a good AA is still the best thing to shoot for. The big issue with RU, CB and all that is there is no real reputable place that makes the stuff. I dont consider some unknown place in china a reliable certified manufacturer, but RU might work well. Probably goes systemic though and unlike fin no one knows what that does once it goes systemic
                    They know what it does when it goes systemic. It is metabolised to approx. 99% inactive compounds and the other 1% is an anti-androgenic metabolite.

They have also done tests on its systemic effects in rats and found no measureable anti-androgenic effects (such as serum testosterone levels and gonad size) except at truly massive doses, and Phase II trials in humans that found no reported systemic side effects.

A few guys here have reported sides on RU, usually milder than they reported on fin, but it's hard to really know how many of them are placebo effects.

In answer to the original question, RU is probably actually the only drug that has been reasonably shown to be both safer and more effective than fin in dedicated clinical trials. If/when Cosmo finish their Phase II trial CB might take the lead, but most of the other contenders either are not safe due to systemic sides (like flutamide and spiro) or have questionable efficacy that's not been proven in Phase II trials (like bim).

Comment

• burtandernie
                      • Nov 2012

So it sounds like you think RU is safe and a good alternative to propecia. I never knew RU phase 2 was done on humans. The only issue left is reliable supplier because I still have trouble getting it from a random place in china and feeling sure its legit each batch.

Comment

• PinotQ
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Pate
                        They know what it does when it goes systemic. It is metabolised to approx. 99% inactive compounds and the other 1% is an anti-androgenic metabolite.

They have also done tests on its systemic effects in rats and found no measureable anti-androgenic effects (such as serum testosterone levels and gonad size) except at truly massive doses, and Phase II trials in humans that found no reported systemic side effects.

A few guys here have reported sides on RU, usually milder than they reported on fin, but it's hard to really know how many of them are placebo effects.

In answer to the original question, RU is probably actually the only drug that has been reasonably shown to be both safer and more effective than fin in dedicated clinical trials. If/when Cosmo finish their Phase II trial CB might take the lead, but most of the other contenders either are not safe due to systemic sides (like flutamide and spiro) or have questionable efficacy that's not been proven in Phase II trials (like bim).
                        Pate, Do you use RU and if so can you tell us what your dosage is and your experience?

Comment

• Pate
                          • Sep 2011

So it sounds like you think RU is safe and a good alternative to propecia. I never knew RU phase 2 was done on humans. The only issue left is reliable supplier because I still have trouble getting it from a random place in china and feeling sure its legit each batch.
                          I think it's safer than fin at normal dosages. It's not totally lacking systemic effects though so I would extremely careful with washing hands after use etc.

Phase 2 was done on humans but I have to correct my earlier statement - I don't think the results of it were ever published. However for it to have progressed to Phase 2 it must have passed Phase 1 safety studies in humans.

Here's a summary of Phase 2:

PinotQ, I am about to start RU again once I sort out a supplier. I tried premixed RU in KB from mpbtreatments for six months a few years ago and was amazed at how effectively it stopped my oily scalp - it obviously nukes the sebaceous glands and must be a very potent anti-androgen. However I stopped using it because it was taking so long to arrive from mpbtreatments and I had doubts over quality, because a 2 month supply bottle would lose effectiveness over time, proving that RU is indeed unstable, even in KB. It would take three weeks to arrive, then work fine for about 4-5 weeks, then the last 3 weeks of the bottle my scalp would gradually get oilier again until by the end of the bottle it seemed to have no effect at all.

They also sent me a new formulation one month that had menthol in it. Apparently this was so that you could 'feel' where you had applied it and know if you had missed a spot, but it was completely unnecessary and made me smell like menthol all day. Stupid. So that was my last order from them and I went back to fin. They also didn't answer e-mails, so overall I don't recommend them.

I didn't really see any clear evidence of regrowth over that time but it definitely maintained and I have wanted to try powdered RU, but I'm worried about it getting through customs so I haven't. A couple of weeks ago I finally ordered some premixed from anageninc to test their claim that their RU is higher quality and lasts longer without breaking down. Unfortunately it's still taking three weeks to arrive because it's shipping from the US (I'm in Australia).

If it works properly I intend to order some powder from them and follow hellouser's route, assuming it gets through customs.

Comment

• burtandernie
                            • Nov 2012

So you think the premixed anageninc solution is legit? That is what I was thinking about trying but man 25 dollars to ship within US is a lot. The stuff itself is like 35. I might give a try even if its just using a little just on the temples. I dont like the idea of propecia but its certainly easier to get a hold of and much more reliable with what your getting plus cheaper.

Comment

• PinotQ
                              • May 2010

So you think the premixed anageninc solution is legit? That is what I was thinking about trying but man 25 dollars to ship within US is a lot. The stuff itself is like 35. I might give a try even if its just using a little just on the temples. I dont like the idea of propecia but its certainly easier to get a hold of and much more reliable with what your getting plus cheaper.
                              My understanding is that Anagenic and Kane are one and the same. I ordered the powder from Kane with expedited delivery and received it in less than a week......I believe the shipping info showed it shipping from Germany with the name Anagenic on it. I have been using it for exactly 4 week today and while it is too early to say much, it does appear to shut down the oiliness on the forehead immediately. No sides to date. I mix daily. I got a bag of about 24 plastic vials and pre-measure 100 mg per bottle into 7 bottles once a week. Then I fill 1 daily vial up about 1/3 (25 ml) from a larger pre-mixed bottle of everclear/pg.

Comment

• av8r10
                                • Mar 2015

Been doing some reading on this iGrow Hair Growth Therapy it has a high price tag but it seems to be a good product from what i can read on amazon.

Comment

Working...