Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuce
    • May 2013

Gastritis problems cause by Proscar?

Hello everyone. I have been taking a quarter of proscar everyday for about two months now. Was taking a quarter every three days for two months before that. Never had any problems really but about a month ago I keep getting stomach problems, such as upset stomach, heartburn, belching every few minutes. It is miserable. i went see a Dr. and he said there is nothing to be done until they put a tube down my throat. I have that scheduled for January. Has anyone heard of fin causing these types of problems? I never had these kind of problems before, but it could just be from years of eating unhealthy. I know It sucks and I do not want to stop fin because I am in the middle of a horrible shed. I would lose all my gains or all my losses. Please help.
  • Swooping
    • May 2014

That is really hard to say. Gastrointestinal problems are very broad and can be extremely hard to treat. It could be finasteride yes, but maybe not. Do you suffer from bloating too? Start taking a good probiotic supplement it will surely be beneficial.

Comment

• Jazz1
      Inactive
      • Aug 2012

If you have stomach issues it's very simple fix, I have had UC and ulcers, years of stomach problems. Doctors never tell the truth they only good at suppressing the issue with medication.

Watch this:
      Why probiotics are so important in preventing disease and giving us good health. A medical review.Dr Lewis' - website www.drgerald.co.nz

If you want your problems gone, try opti bac bowel calm S, boulardii and ultimate Flora nenewal life.

Comment

• blondetooth
        • Oct 2014

Why so much? 1mg is the MAX.

IN FACT .2mg is the celling effect, anymore is just a waste and the effects only slightly improve!

Comment

• blondetooth
          • Oct 2014

How can you take a drug for so long without reading about it?

Be smarter next time, and save money. The doctors want you to blow through your meds = money

Comment

• deuce
            • May 2013

For four months thats not a really long time. Also, that is not a proven fact that .2mg works as good as 1.25mg. SThanks for your input man, but your facts are a little off.

Also thanks to all those who responded. JAZZ I will definitely cause that regiment. I don't think its the FIN that caused it because I was taking fin for three days for two months before that, but who knows. I don't know.

Comment

• blondetooth
              • Oct 2014

It's called the ceiling effect. The effects are negligible. You are wrong.

Comment

• deuce
                • May 2013

You may be right bro, but I would need pictures and research. Thanks for posting though

Comment

• TimetoGrow
                  • Nov 2014

Deuce - the paper is http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsa..._BIOPHARMR.PDF look at p20 interestingly, 0.05mg came across more effective at reducing scalp DHT than 0.2mg plus not far off 1.0mg. Also, i read from the man who knows, Desmond, that if taking for long enough time, what ever dosage will end in the same situation as dosage become additive and saturation occurs rendering DHT reduction at same low level. B'tooth - let me know if you want me to explain that to you in more simple terms
                  Last edited by Winston; 11-22-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                    • Jun 2013

This thread got nasty in a hurry.

Comment

• k318
                      • Nov 2014

Deuce, you didn't offend anyone mate and you certainly do not deserve to be threatened and subjected to disgusting comments like that, especially on a forum where we are all simply here to find a solution to our problem

Comment

• deuce
                        • May 2013

Thanks fellas for the responses. Don't know what happened there. And thanks need2grow for the actual report. That was all I was looking for. My aid reflux and stuff feels a little better. I am about to start looking into RU.

Comment

• deuce
                          • May 2013

I will have to switch from proscar to propecia soon. Anyone have experience in the two's actions? Any differences should I be aware of?

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
                            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by deuce
                            I will have to switch from proscar to propecia soon. Anyone have experience in the two's actions? Any differences should I be aware of?
                            There shouldn't be a difference at all. Both are finasteride, just difference doses.

Comment

• Aonyx262
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by blondetooth
                              How can you take a drug for so long without reading about it?

Be smarter next time, and save money. The doctors want you to blow through your meds = money
                              Yeah, that's what they teach us in med school. "MILK YOUR PATIENTS"...you can't possibly be serious.

Comment

Working...