Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Pelopeleon
    I read somewhere that Cb was not working because the molecule is too big to enter by itself, or something like that, so you need something like the iontophoresis device to make it work... So, what difference you have comparing versapro with some alcohol vehicle?
    No,the molecule is very small.

Comment

• pagedo
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
      No,the molecule is very small.
      Hell are you still waiting on VersaPro?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

so is anyone actually doing this?

Comment

• pagedo
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by lothar99
          I bought this vehicle, but I don't see how it works. CB isn't soluble in it, even when vehicle is heated to melting. If anyone tries this, dissolve the vehicle in PG first. I didn't try this, but I'm not wasting any more CB in this. I don't know why there are so many people who are interested in CB but no one tried the vehicle from the patent which works just fine. Looking forward to trying the liquid vehicle from PHG
          Where is your CB from?

Comment

• inbrugge
            • Oct 2013

so this escalated and died out pretty quickly...i think we really need desmond to drop in with more info regarding the dosage, possible implications for other treatments (ru, topical fin, s5, etc), and answer some of the questions asked by other members.

Comment

• buck
              • May 2014

There has been a lot of back and forth on this thread about whether the vehicle is the problem or not, which is pretty much news to me.

After years of minoxidil alone (and some ramatroban, which gave me a little bit of thickness back), I am considering starting an anti-androgen, as I discussed here: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17886

Now, I also have a bottle of CB from Iron Dragon, unopened and just waiting to help me create bushy undergrowth all over my scalp. http://www.iron-dragon.com/product_i...roducts_id=238

Does anyone have any opinions if this experiment would be worth the time and energy?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                • Jul 2011

Where can we buy vesapro? I want to use it as a base for S-Equol

I'm in the US

Comment

• mlouis
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                  Where can we buy vesapro? I want to use it as a base for S-Equol

I'm in the US
                  Love the idea. Keep us posted.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by jridd9
                    is this base considered a prescription drug? Why is it not available at normal venues like amazon?

I was about to order off of that site but it seems to be for pharmacies to order.

Comment

• yan
                      • May 2013

By the way:

In the trial, they apply 5% CB twice daily.

Comment

• Justinian
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by yan
                        By the way:

In the trial, they apply 5% CB twice daily.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...b+03+01&rank=2
                        Good find!

I thought this trial had started already but it looks like it's starting to recruit now, and won't be done till the end of 2015.

This clears up a lot, since we know they are using 5% twice a day. I don't think many people have tried 5% or used it twice a day. This would be really expensive at current CB prices.

Comment

• burtandernie
                          • Nov 2012

Yeah my hope is that CB will have minimal sides and get over the counter approval so it can sell in volume like minox. That will drive the price the down a lot. It will be expensive if its prescription only and is not sold in bulk.

Comment

• LMS
                            • Dec 2012

How many MG a day is 5% 2x a day thats what I'd like to know.

I assume its atleast 1ML per application so atleast 100MG of CB0301 per day.

Comment

• Justinian
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LMS
                              How many MG a day is 5% 2x a day thats what I'd like to know.

I assume its atleast 1ML per application so atleast 100MG of CB0301 per day.
                              I think that's correct. At current prices from Kane, that's ~$600 a month. I wonder if CB is just plain expensive to make, or if that price could drop a lot if they increased their output (i.e. a lot of people started buying CB).

Comment

• Boldy
                                • Jan 2013

vehicle was never the problem, the dose is.

Originally posted by Justinian
                                I think that's correct. At current prices from Kane, that's ~$600 a month. I wonder if CB is just plain expensive to make, or if that price could drop a lot if they increased their output (i.e. a lot of people started buying CB).
                                prices can be lower, we had saga gb with kane and other suppliers in the past and the price was about 140. still not cheap if you need 100mg a day...(2*5% a day) which can be about 3*140 + 50 shipping = 470 usd a month, or about 5600 a year.

CB is harder to produce than Ru, so the gray market prices will never reach the same..

After cosmo released the clinical trial approach, it is now at-least clear for everyone that not the vehicle was the problem, but the DOSE and frequency.

This confirms a bit the organ flank test of Cb vs cyproterone and Ru vs cyproterone. Ru was little more potent than cyproterone, while cb is little less potent than cyproterone.

this can explain why the 1% once a day never did anything for the majority.

They speak again here about a "solution", not a creme or oitment.

A Phase 2, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Cortexolone 17α-Propionate (CB-03-01) Solution 5%, Minoxidil Solution 5%, and Vehicle Solution, Applied Twice-daily for 26 Weeks in Males With Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA)
                                perhaps an ethanol solution like minoxidil, which is a fine carrier to penetrate into the dp compartment.

along with the sideffect profile that is reported on private forums with 1%, im not sure if this stuff is the ideal candidate for aga at this moment.

Comment

Working...