We have a vehicle for CB-03-01: VERSAPRO

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inbrugge
    • Oct 2013

So why did everyone think for years that it was a vehicle problem and that the molecule size was too large to penetrate the scalp layer and that's why they were using iontophoresis?

5% is now a significant dose and that increases the chance of side effects. Let's see now how legitimate the claims about CB being harmlessly processed by the body if in any cases it went systematic. That always sounded too good to be true.

Comment

• Justinian
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Boldy
      This confirms a bit the organ flank test of Cb vs cyproterone and Ru vs cyproterone. Ru was little more potent than cyproterone, while cb is little less potent than cyproterone.

Granted this uses the iontrophesis delivery, but here CB 1% and 5% produce more hair than cyproterone. This could be because of a small sample size, though.

Originally posted by Boldy
      along with the sideffect profile that is reported on private forums with 1%, im not sure if this stuff is the ideal candidate for aga at this moment.
      Originally posted by inbrugge
      So why did everyone think for years that it was a vehicle problem and that the molecule size was too large to penetrate the scalp layer and that's why they were using iontophoresis?

5% is now a significant dose and that increases the chance of side effects. Let's see now how legitimate the claims about CB being harmlessly processed by the body if in any cases it went systematic. That always sounded too good to be true.
      In the above study 1% and 5% were the same, but again could be sample size.

I think if there were serious side effects that Cosmo would know about it after completing 3 trials, and would discontinue the future trials if they thought it might be an issue.

EDIT: To add to that last statement, it's because fin is already on the market. If they have something that is similar in efficacy, or only slightly better, and also gives side effects, then they won't make any money on it.

Comment

• rdawg
        • Jun 2012

Get in on that trial american friends, it's recruiting in 3 states in the US! save yourself the 2000 that youd need to take it twice a day at 5%.

Comment

• charlie76761
          • Oct 2014

V interesting re the 3 states - hopefully someone on one of the forums will be involved and can shortly inform of the missing piece of the puzzle, the vehicle. Do pls shout if so....

I'm very tempted to chuck in daily CB 50mg x 1 dose daily into my regime which is neogenic with 20mg RU and 0.2mg fin oral (am v sensitive to sides after being in Dut and fin 2002 to 2012... 0.2 is tolerable at present and should sponge up 60% of scalp DHT serum.. or is apparently 80% effective as 1mg based on hair count via Merc study as well as Doc Kaufman's ). Also v interested in SM04554 and will drop Kane a note.. but that's for a different thread

I used CB form 3 back in 2013 for 4 or so mths but didnt get any results, not even stabilization although i did add DMSO towards the end and think this had negative effect

Keep strong lads, find something that can maintain you for a year or two as hopefully Replicel and/or Histogen should then arrive...

Comment

• rdawg
            • Jun 2012

Guys the Minnesota clinic responded to me very fast about the trial unfortunately due to bring far away(im in Toronto) and being on fin I'm not qualified but I really reccomend you guys contact one of the clinics and join!!!!

Comment

• inbrugge
              • Oct 2013

Where are the other clinics located?

Comment

• charlie76761
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by inbrugge
                Where are the other clinics located?

Here the Locations:

United States, California
                Therapeutics Clinical Research Recruiting
                San Diego, California, United States, 92123
                Principal Investigator: Sandra Adsit, MD

United States, Minnesota
                Minnesota Clinical Study Center Recruiting
                Fridley, Minnesota, United States, 55432
                Principal Investigator: Steven Kempers, MD

United States, Texas
                DermResearch, Inc. Recruiting
                Austin, Texas, United States, 78759
                Principal Investigator: Janet DuBois, MD

More info around eligibility / inclusion criteria is here https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...b+03+01&rank=2

Comment

• Shinobi
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Justinian
                  http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/...010-10-06.aspx
                  Granted this uses the iontrophesis delivery, but here CB 1% and 5% produce more hair than cyproterone. This could be because of a small sample size, though.

In the above study 1% and 5% were the same, but again could be sample size.

I think if there were serious side effects that Cosmo would know about it after completing 3 trials, and would discontinue the future trials if they thought it might be an issue.

EDIT: To add to that last statement, it's because fin is already on the market. If they have something that is similar in efficacy, or only slightly better, and also gives side effects, then they won't make any money on it.
                  Yes, there is always much more involved than the androgen blocker effect. It can also block some others receptor. All is statistic % related, and only a vivo human study on specific condition can give you the final answer. All the rest is just pure speculation. For now CB is tested that way, so lets wait for result (or not)

Comment

• Gjm127
                    • Mar 2012

Hey guys, I called the first contact about the enrolment, the person was very nice with me and took the time to answer some of my questions. She did say they are in Phase 2 and it's a topical. She told me I could take an appointment and come in in order for them to check if I fit the criteria and it's really as simple as that.

She said they're currently doing phase 2, so some people have already started applying the topical and coming into the clinic once a month for check-ups.

VERY INTERESTING NEWS: She also said that if I wait another month, I could hop on another clinical trial for hair loss that's also in phase 2 and is also a topical solution. When I asked if it's SM, she said she didn't know the specifics yet.

She did say the hype is getting greater with time for hair loss products to come out and that it's more and more popular these days for people to come in.

Comment

• Tenma
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Gjm127

VERY INTERESTING NEWS: She also said that if I wait another month, I could hop on another clinical trial for hair loss that's also in phase 2 and is also a topical solution. When I asked if it's SM, she said she didn't know the specifics yet.

She did say the hype is getting greater with time for hair loss products to come out and that it's more and more popular these days for people to come in.
                      Pretty cool man. If i were you i would wait another month for sm (very likely the other topical they're talking about).

We already know the limits of antiandrogen therapy in terms of regrowth.

Comment

• Gjm127
                        • Mar 2012

I hope so, it would make sense! Waaw great combo! One to halt and one to regrow, that would be a dream come true!
                        Great stuff on the way guys, let's just hope these products see the market soon.

PS: she also said that the CB trial takes 6 months. So the patients would come for check-ups 6 times.

Comment

• rdawg
                          • Jun 2012

I hope so, it would make sense! Waaw great combo! One to halt and one to regrow, that would be a dream come true!
                          Great stuff on the way guys, let's just hope these products see the market soon.

PS: she also said that the CB trial takes 6 months. So the patients would come for check-ups 6 times.
                          Good luck with the trial I hope you get in and give us some updates if possible!

I would hope someone with aggressive MPB goes into this trial guys, then we'll really know if this stuff works and not just on the 30+ slow MPB guys that FIN usually works for.

CB is very intriguing and it sounds like this is taking the fast-track to approval, they probably wont need a phase IIb like say histogen or BIM, rather just stick with the 5% solution and go straight to phase III next year!
                          Plus DUT is about to be officially approved, so products are coming out haha!

Comment

• Gjm127
                            • Mar 2012

yeah I doubt I'll make it to these trials, they're not held anywhere near where I live.. I just called to get info and relief on the legitimacy of these trials. It seems to me it's pretty straight forward ans that makes me happy.

DUT is being approved soon? By the FDA? Trials? I'm a DUT noob, is it any good? What's the mechanism? I see that it resembles Finasteride.. What's the benefit compared to it? Is it going to be approved in topical form? Because if not, Avodart is already on the market... I don't get it, please fill me in.

Comment

• rdawg
                              • Jun 2012

yeah I doubt I'll make it to these trials, they're not held anywhere near where I live.. I just called to get info and relief on the legitimacy of these trials. It seems to me it's pretty straight forward ans that makes me happy.

DUT is being approved soon? Source? By the FDA? Trials? I'm a DUT noob, is it any good? What's the mechanism?

{hase 3 Trial was completed and verified a few weeks ago(trial was finished back in august) they results a separate trials results in which 1 out of 60 trial participants lost further hair, the rests maintained and 70% had a least minor regrowth.

it's a stronger version of FIN and I highly recommend seeing how you react to fin first, for me FIN did nothing but slow the loss with no side effects, but for others, DUT will give you much worse side effects so ease into these drugs.

The thing is, it's clear CB should be approved fairly quickly as well, so I may only have to get on DUT for a year or two, but I still cant get the damn drug in canada and I've looked everywhere! how do you people get it!?

Comment

• Gjm127
                                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
                                http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01831791

{hase 3 Trial was completed and verified a few weeks ago(trial was finished back in august) they results a separate trials results in which 1 out of 60 trial participants lost further hair, the rests maintained and 70% had a least minor regrowth.

it's a stronger version of FIN and I highly recommend seeing how you react to fin first, for me FIN did nothing but slow the loss with no side effects, but for others, DUT will give you much worse side effects so ease into these drugs.

The thing is, it's clear CB should be approved fairly quickly as well, so I may only have to get on DUT for a year or two, but I still cant get the damn drug in canada and I've looked everywhere! how do you people get it!?
                                So basically the benefit is only that it's stronger than FIN but with possibly more side effects. Orally I presume? I also presume a topical solution has been tried and failed...? How is it different than Avodart then?

Comment

Working...