Article on piloscopy...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stayhopeful
    • Feb 2013

I was really hoping to read about Artista's reply. Not sure what happened.

Comment

• Trouse5858
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nameless
      I don't understand your point at all. Even if a certain cure was discovered today it would still take 5 - 7 years at least to get it to market so of course there's no certain cure in sight. You're either going to have to take a chance and roll the dice on a *possible" cure or your baldness will continue for at least 5 - 7 years. Most likely 10 years or so because they still have to invent the cure and then begins the 5 - 7 year process of bringing that cure to market.

Accept this and stay bald for about 10 years or gamble on a *possible" cure that could get you your hair back sooner. Or else you could wear a wig.
      Where do get the 5-7 year timeframe from? I mean what could possibly take so long to get something with a massive financial upside that long to become a marketable treatment? Are you including FDA approval in this? I could be completely wrong but it seems like in trying to have realistic expectations you're actually overstating it a bit. I mean 7 years is just an obnoxiously long standstill.....for anything.

Comment

• Artista
        • Apr 2010

Sorry 'Stayhopeful' and everyone else,a family member of mine is in hospital right now for surgery. I am here in hospital with her of course.
        Once I get back home I'll post.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
          • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Artista
          Sorry 'Stayhopeful' and everyone else,a family member of mine is in hospital right now for surgery. I am here in hospital with her of course.
          Once I get back home I'll post.
          Artista, I hope things work out well for your relative in the hospital, you, and your family. We will be here when you get back. Take care.

Comment

• The Alchemist
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Trouse5858
            Where do get the 5-7 year timeframe from? I mean what could possibly take so long to get something with a massive financial upside that long to become a marketable treatment? Are you including FDA approval in this? I could be completely wrong but it seems like in trying to have realistic expectations you're actually overstating it a bit. I mean 7 years is just an obnoxiously long standstill.....for anything.

Yes, he's including trials in that. However, 7 years is extremely optimistic time frame to complete trials. It's probably more on the order of 10+ years. It takes a very long time to recruit trialists, it takes a long time organize/structure the trials and file necessary paperwork, financing is always an issue, and then there are always set backs - efficacy, toxicity etc.. Clinical trials are an enormous expense and headache for these companies trying to bring forward treatments. Unfortunately, they're also completely necessary. I just wish they could streamline the process to speed it up by a few years.

Replicel, CB and Histogen are the only hope that are possible in the near term. Anything else is far more than 10 years away.

Comment

• Trouse5858
              • Apr 2014

That's really depressing to say the least

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                • Dec 2012

Looking forward to the update artista.

FTL

Comment

• Recidive
                  • Sep 2014

Artista, how is it going? I hope everything is ok. Will you have a chance to share with us the news?

Comment

• nameless
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Trouse5858

Of course I'm including the time for FDA trials and approval. Look it takes a long time to go through FDA trials. And sometimes there are long gaps between each stage of clinical trials. Look how Replical and Histogen completed their previous trials over a year ago and they still haven't gone to the next trial. It can easily take 5 - 7 years to complete the entire FDA process, including approval. But first it will take a couple years to invent a cure because they still don't have a cure to even start clinical trials with. So add 2 - 3 years to invent a cure and then you are looking at about 7 - 10 years before a cure comes to market.

You can either roll the dice and try a possible treatment or accept that you will have to wait 7 - 10 years for a certain cure.

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

Hello EVERYONE (finally)
                      First of all, I apologize for once again being very 'silent' on our forum.
                      As some of you may know, a close family member of mine went in for major surgery recently!
                      She is doing fine now.
                      Of course I had focused all of my attention to her, on her health & well-being .
                      All is well now--thankfully!! I appreciate the well-wishes that i have received-thanks!
                      Now to my updated conversation with Dr Wesley....

On October the 3rd 2014, Dr Wesley had gone back out to Utah to test a newer iteration/version of his device in which the angling of the hair beneath the skin surface is being better perfected.
                      This round of 'tweaking' is meant to perfectly angle the instrument from below the surface to make sure that it matches the follicles angles and directions ,,thats one of the things that has been taking a little bit more time to finish up-By the way-its going very WELL!
                      Federally speaking, there must be a 3-4 month testing procedure (with at least 2 patients) whenever there is an alteration of a sanctioned surgical device ...and then to incorporate that into the the instrumentation.

After that Dr Wesley can then move forward with restarting his major Phase Testings.
                      HOPEFULLY The Phase Testings will resume/continue in early December this YEAR.
                      Dr Wesley will be submitting two textbook chapters / a large manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal on Piloscopy over the next 10 days to Dr Sam Lam's "Hair Transplant 360 Textbooks"
                      He is writing a chapter committed to his method and once those are completed and published, he will then be able to show a few more images of his procedures.
                      ("FUE verses Pilofocus" additions)
                      Another thing he talked with me about was his APPRECIATION and THANKS to all of those many people from this forum and abroad that had offered group funding but Dr Wesley and his crew already DO have a new and very good round of finance funding due to the quality of his ongoing trial work.

Once again, sorry for the delay but ,,here I am..lol.

Stay strong my friends! I feel that December will finally be the restarting of his Phase Testing!!
                      And yes, I am slated to be a patient towards the middle of the Phase Testing Trials.
                      This will be exciting!

Comment

• Recidive
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Artista
                        Hello EVERYONE (finally)
                        First of all, I apologize for once again being very 'silent' on our forum.
                        As some of you may know, a close family member of mine went in for major surgery recently!
                        She is doing fine now.
                        Of course I had focused all of my attention to her, on her health & well-being .
                        All is well now--thankfully!! I appreciate the well-wishes that i have received-thanks!
                        Now to my updated conversation with Dr Wesley....

On October the 3rd 2014, Dr Wesley had gone back out to Utah to test a newer iteration/version of his device in which the angling of the hair beneath the skin surface is being better perfected.
                        This round of 'tweaking' is meant to perfectly angle the instrument from below the surface to make sure that it matches the follicles angles and directions ,,thats one of the things that has been taking a little bit more time to finish up-By the way-its going very WELL!
                        Federally speaking, there must be a 3-4 month testing procedure (with at least 2 patients) whenever there is an alteration of a sanctioned surgical device ...and then to incorporate that into the the instrumentation.

After that Dr Wesley can then move forward with restarting his major Phase Testings.
                        HOPEFULLY The Phase Testings will resume/continue in early December this YEAR.
                        Dr Wesley will be submitting two textbook chapters / a large manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal on Piloscopy over the next 10 days to Dr Sam Lam's "Hair Transplant 360 Textbooks"
                        He is writing a chapter committed to his method and once those are completed and published, he will then be able to show a few more images of his procedures.
                        ("FUE verses Pilofocus" additions)
                        Another thing he talked with me about was his APPRECIATION and THANKS to all of those many people from this forum and abroad that had offered group funding but Dr Wesley and his crew already DO have a new and very good round of finance funding due to the quality of his ongoing trial work.

Once again, sorry for the delay but ,,here I am..lol.

Stay strong my friends! I feel that December will finally be the restarting of his Phase Testing!!
                        And yes, I am slated to be a patient towards the middle of the Phase Testing Trials.
                        This will be exciting!
                        Thanks Artista, it is good news that the process is advancing.
                        Do you know if this phase testing is the final phase or there will be more phases like in drugs (II, III)?

Comment

• Artista
                          • Apr 2010

Hi Recidive and thanks for the response!
                          Dr Wesley's process certainly IS advancing.
                          Only time will tell if this next round of Phase testing will be the finale or not.
                          He did send me a test photo from his recent work at Utah regarding hair follicle angling and direction..
                          (Not a before and after pic)
                          He is so focused on this new and innovative Pilofocus technique he has been creating!
                          Thanks again Recidive!

Comment

• Kudu
                            • Nov 2013

Thanks for the update Artista and glad the surgery went well. I'd rather see Dr. Wesley taking longer and perfecting his instruments than having problems with patients, good things take time.

Comment

• Artista
                              • Apr 2010

Hi Kudu!
                              Your welcomed and thanks!!! (my family member is doing great)
                              You certainly speak with COMMON SENSE my friend!
                              Everyone, please be patient. The future will be better for all of us!!

Comment

• stayhopeful
                                • Feb 2013

pilofocus is my only hope to regain my youth in my youth

Comment

Working...