Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bboy5
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by champpy
    Can anyone please answer this; if this latest SM trial is successful and they move to phase 3, how long does phase 3 for a hair loss med take?
    I heard ppl say that bim could have moved through phase 3 in 6 months...is it the same timline for SM?
    Is there anyway in hell this could be available in the next year (if it works of course)?
    It's already available, we just don't know if it works. If the trail show's good evidence Seti works then why would you wait? Group buys and purity testing are all we need, if even that.

Comment

• lacazette
      • May 2015

Hey good find thanks Candu . The first ever trial of SM was in australia, they have facilities there
      that new micro trial is interesting, it adds some safety biomarkers and seems they had choose a define protocol

Daily topical application of 0.25% (w/v) solution of SM04554 to scalp for 14 days.
      SM04554 is supplied as in a non-aqueous solution of PEG400 at concentration of 0.25% weight per volume (w/v);1 vial of 0.5mL
      Subject will apply at least 0.3mL of a 0.5mL study drug (SM04554) at site during visits under supervision of site staff.

Primary outcome
      To characterise pharmacokinetics of topically applied 0.25% SM04554 solution to male subjects with androgenetic alopecia, estimated using available concentration-time data for Cmax, tmax, AUC (0-24), AUC (0-infinite time) and t(1/2) from collected blood samples.
      Timepoint
      On treatment days 1 and 14 blood samples will be taken prior to study drug application and at 1, 2, 4, 6, 12 and 24 hours post study drug application.

On treatment days 5 and 10 blood samples will be taken prior to study drug application only.
      Secondary outcome
      To characterise safety and tolerability of topical SM04554 0.25% solution to scalp of male subjects with androgenetic alopecia as determined by changes from baseline in vital signs, clinical laboratory parameters and electrocardiography(ECG)
      Timepoint
      ECG: days 1 and 14 prior and 4 hour post study treatment
      Vital signs: screening day, days 1, to 14 prior to study treatment, on days 1 and 14 at 4 and 12 hours post study treatment. ECG also performed at follow up visit day 15.
      Clinical chemistry, haematology parameters and urinalysis: screening day and day 14 prior to study treatment and day 15 post study treatment
      Secondary outcome
      To characterise safety and tolerability of topical SM04554 0.25% solution to scalp of male subjects with androgenetic alopecia as determined by adverse events (such as skin irritation (erythema,scaling puritis, stinging) , eye irritation) and assessed by medically qualified study staff.
      Timepoint
      Every day from first day study drug application to day 14 and at end of study day 15.
      Secondary outcome
      To characterise safety and tolerability of topical SM04554 0.25% solution to scalp of male subjects with androgenetic alopecia as determined by investigator skin assessment of the scalp and hands.

Comment

• candu2015
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by lacazette
        Hey good find thanks Candu . The first ever trial of SM was in australia, they have facilities there
        that new micro trial is interesting, it adds some safety biomarkers and seems they had choose a define protocol

Daily topical application of 0.25% (w/v) solution of SM04554 to scalp for 14 days.
        SM04554 is supplied as in a non-aqueous solution of PEG400 at concentration of 0.25% weight per volume (w/v);1 vial of 0.5mL
        Subject will apply at least 0.3mL of a 0.5mL study drug (SM04554) at site during visits under supervision of site staff.

Primary outcome
        To characterise pharmacokinetics of topically applied 0.25% SM04554 solution to male subjects with androgenetic alopecia, estimated using available concentration-time data for Cmax, tmax, AUC (0-24), AUC (0-infinite time) and t(1/2) from collected blood samples.
        Timepoint
        On treatment days 1 and 14 blood samples will be taken prior to study drug application and at 1, 2, 4, 6, 12 and 24 hours post study drug application.

On treatment days 5 and 10 blood samples will be taken prior to study drug application only.
        Secondary outcome
        To characterise safety and tolerability of topical SM04554 0.25% solution to scalp of male subjects with androgenetic alopecia as determined by changes from baseline in vital signs, clinical laboratory parameters and electrocardiography(ECG)
        Timepoint
        ECG: days 1 and 14 prior and 4 hour post study treatment
        Vital signs: screening day, days 1, to 14 prior to study treatment, on days 1 and 14 at 4 and 12 hours post study treatment. ECG also performed at follow up visit day 15.
        Clinical chemistry, haematology parameters and urinalysis: screening day and day 14 prior to study treatment and day 15 post study treatment
        Secondary outcome
        To characterise safety and tolerability of topical SM04554 0.25% solution to scalp of male subjects with androgenetic alopecia as determined by adverse events (such as skin irritation (erythema,scaling puritis, stinging) , eye irritation) and assessed by medically qualified study staff.
        Timepoint
        Every day from first day study drug application to day 14 and at end of study day 15.
        Secondary outcome
        To characterise safety and tolerability of topical SM04554 0.25% solution to scalp of male subjects with androgenetic alopecia as determined by investigator skin assessment of the scalp and hands.
        I follow with great interest this product, it's a different approach.
        I am very hopeful that this treatment will come soon.
        It seems they already have chosen the 0.25%?
        What do you think?
        I'm sorry for my English

Comment

• Seuxin
          • Jan 2014

I really would like to know too the timeline of this SM !

Comment

• unbalding
            • Sep 2014

If anyone is in Texas, Ohio, Virginia, or Michigan, they are still recruiting participants.

Comment

• Hairmore
              • Oct 2015

I cannot open the link. Seems like they closed the recruiting since yesterday or there are just to many who were still wanted to participate very badly.

Comment

• champpy
                • Apr 2015

the way I'm reading this purpose portion of the clinical trial is that they're trying to understand exactly how this is working... Which may mean that it actually is working. this may be a good sign

Comment

• Tenma
                  • Nov 2013

the way I'm reading this purpose portion of the clinical trial is that they're trying to understand exactly how this is working... Which may mean that it actually is working. this may be a good sign
                  Agreed. No way they would waste money funding another trial if the stuff is performing poorly.

What intrigues me is how effective is SM.

Comment

• unbalding
                    • Sep 2014

It seems to me it's probably working, but not as well as they had hoped. They want more information to modify it to improve efficacy. They must be getting pretty decent results though to even bother with that.

Comment

• Justinian
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by unbalding
                      It seems to me it's probably working, but not as well as they had hoped. They want more information to modify it to improve efficacy. They must be getting pretty decent results though to even bother with that.
                      It's gotta be either what you said, or in anticipation of the 21st century cures act which allows the use of biomarkers to speed the approval process.

Comment

• baldybald
                        • Jul 2012

Now the problem is that we do not know what it contains so we can use it on ourselves, like setipiprant

Comment

• unbalding
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Justinian
                          It's gotta be either what you said, or in anticipation of the 21st century cures act which allows the use of biomarkers to speed the approval process.
                          That's a great point, I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully you're right.

Comment

• JayM
                            • Apr 2015

Guy's we have already been though all of this like 20 pages back.

Comment

• lacazette
                              • May 2015

Hey Jaym, I tried the other day as you asked to contact you on ***, but they don't allow me to access to your profile and send a msg. and still not today dude

Comment

• JayM
                                • Apr 2015

Hey man no worries. What's your name on ***? I will send you a message

Comment

Working...