Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Sogeking
    I don't think Follica has any intention of putting anything hair loss related to market. As Cotsarelis said to Desmond, they don't have the money...
    Then why the initial backing of Puretech Ventures with millions of dollars? Why all the years of (snail paced) work from Cotsarelis? Why waste all the time, money, man hours and effort only to NOT release a treatment?

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hellouser
      Then why the initial backing of Puretech Ventures with millions of dollars? Why all the years of (snail paced) work from Cotsarelis? Why waste all the time, money, man hours and effort only to NOT release a treatment?
      They were launched about 9 years ago, have made it through two clinical trials. All their theories have been tested by science and passed with flying colors. The main thrust of their work would be to corner the hair loss market, with a far better topical treatment and a procedure that makes HT obsolete. I wonder what makes people think they've bowed out?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Anything from the guys who are testing?

Comment

• SM04554 patient
          • Jan 2015

Hello all, new to the board here.

Start this trial today (USA). The doctor is extremely encouraged by the potential of this treatment, although the clinical research nurse with whom I spoke said she hasn't witnessed much growth in the patients she has seen thus far.

We shall see.

Comment

• Justinian
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SM04554 patient
            Hello all, new to the board here.

Start this trial today (USA). The doctor is extremely encouraged by the potential of this treatment, although the clinical research nurse with whom I spoke said she hasn't witnessed much growth in the patients she has seen thus far.

We shall see.
            Good luck and keep us updated!

The trial only started a few months ago, and most treatments take several months to show progress, so it's not surprising that not much has been seen yet. It will also be interesting to add if this works in combination with other treatments.

Comment

• sdsurfin
              • Sep 2013

Doesn't sound too promising.

Comment

• charlie76761
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
                Doesn't sound too promising.
                Minox wouldnt have looked too promising at all in the first month or two, in fact most good respondents shed heavily. And i doubt they got the correct % from the start (probably started at 2%)

Does anyone know what the compound is exactly so Kane can have an attempt at copying - i posted a likely candidate earlier in this thread

Comment

• Justinian
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by charlie76761
                  Minox wouldnt have looked too promising at all in the first month or two, in fact most good respondents shed heavily. And i doubt they got the correct % from the start (probably started at 2%)

Does anyone know what the compound is exactly so Kane can have an attempt at copying - i posted a likely candidate earlier in this thread
                  The compound is actually 0.15 and 0.25%. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

It's a 300 person trial so they are putting a lot of money into this. They must think it's promising.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could also be a large # of people because they need to prove safety also, since it affects the wnt pathway.

Comment

• charlie76761
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Justinian
                    The compound is actually 0.15 and 0.25%. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

It's a 300 person trial so they are putting a lot of money into this. They must think it's promising.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could also be a large # of people because they need to prove safety also, since it affects the wnt pathway.
                    Hi Justinian.. my 2% was reference to a guess at Minox concentration at first trials... Great to know SM is 0.15 to 0.25% - just need to find the actual compound structure and properties

here were my thoughts on what the compound could be....

May be a bit tenuous, but believe i've found the patent but lacks molecular structure apparently

i think this is the compound being used in Samumed's SM trials in San Diegeo - one the lead inventors listed on the patent works for Samumed as per https://www.linkedin.com/pub/sunil-kumar-kc/3/934/149 and the patent seems relevant in it's description

Further, looks the most likely from the other patents he's developed http://www.faqs.org/patents/inventor...an-diego-us-1/

Thoughts?

Comment

• Gjm127
                      • Mar 2012

Don't you guys find it weird that we've never heard about this product before, there's no information on it on the web or elsewhere, and that we've all been told about this by doctors' secretaries as a new very interesting product that we could all enrol in?

All of a sudden, we have 3-4 NEW members join this forum and state that they're in this trial in one comment and leave. We've never had that before for medication development phase trials, for any product... I'm just saying it's fishy.

Comment

• charlie76761
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Gjm127
                        Don't you guys find it weird that we've never heard about this product before, there's no information on it on the web or elsewhere, and that we've all been told about this by doctors' secretaries as a new very interesting product that we could all enrol in?

All of a sudden, we have 3-4 NEW members join this forum and state that they're in this trial in one comment and leave. We've never had that before for medication development phase trials, for any product... I'm just saying it's fishy.
                        Yeah - guess you could argue that but for me you need to assess their end game and if you saying the company behind SM is not playing straight then i think we can have confidence in that they are currently in a large Phase II trial that is FDA regulated- if they were found to fiddle that then company would be ruined and ppl could go to jail

Personally i prefer a company that keeps its head down doesnt come out and boast about some drug...Cosmo were initially saying their CB could at least double new hair growth and then also hair shaft diameter etc. I'm doubting them more day by day and if being a pessimistic, i suspect that these early results were to drive investment (interestingly, their Jan 2015 update only spoke about CB's ability to widen the shaft and nothing back new growth...hmmm)

I'm quite excited about SM as these guys did a trial in Australia and now targeting USA which is known as a hard regulator landscape but has many multiples of size in terms of market... you could conclude that if they have found something that works, they are going about it as you would expect.

And i guess, if they actually have something that works (and i mean really works) and the investment already in the bank, you may want to keep quiet so a big player rival doesnt come along and invest to produce a slightly diff compound but with same effect...

Lastly, there was at least one person in the CB trial posting on here (something about not seeing much growth at mth 2) so not unique for SM, and but why so many SM post... see here - seems to be massive trail given number of recruiting sites https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/s...dy/NCT02275351

I agree that the posts may are a bit odd and fishy but at the moment i'm more optimistic overall... look fwd to seeing how this plays out (good or bad)

Comment

• sdsurfin
                          • Sep 2013

Fishy in what way? They are registered as doing FDA trials, most companies do not toot their horn at a new product until it is tested, unless they need investors. This seems to be well funded. It's weird that people came on here to say they are in the trial, but maybe they are not allowed to say anything else, or simply have lives to lead. I personally don't have any hope for CB, from talking to a person at hygeia (who is "considering" trialling a new anti androgen for alopecia), CB is not even a real anti-androgen and is pretty weak sauce. It got very overhyped for investors and then the goofs on this forum ran with it. I have no idea about SM, another doctor mentioned that hairless is mrs complicated than just the wnt pathway, but if they are doing a big trial then hopefully it is useful for something. I'm really not interested in anything I have to rub on my head every day, keeping my fingers that replicel comes out with a good preventative fix before things get too bad.

Comment

• It's2014ComeOnAlready
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sdsurfin
                            Fishy in what way? They are registered as doing FDA trials, most companies do not toot their horn at a new product until it is tested, unless they need investors. This seems to be well funded. It's weird that people came on here to say they are in the trial, but maybe they are not allowed to say anything else, or simply have lives to lead. I personally don't have any hope for CB, from talking to a person at hygeia (who is "considering" trialling a new anti androgen for alopecia), CB is not even a real anti-androgen and is pretty weak sauce. It got very overhyped for investors and then the goofs on this forum ran with it. I have no idea about SM, another doctor mentioned that hairless is mrs complicated than just the wnt pathway, but if they are doing a big trial then hopefully it is useful for something. I'm really not interested in anything I have to rub on my head every day, keeping my fingers that replicel comes out with a good preventative fix before things get too bad.
                            You're spreading nonsense. No company would pay to do 2 or 3 trials if the compound was garbage. You post so much speculation based on what kind of mood you're in. From the majority of your posts, I'd say you're in a bad mood most of the time. Nobody on here needs it. Either you have some credible information, or you don't. You do not.

Comment

• Sogeking
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready
                              You're spreading nonsense. No company would pay to do 2 or 3 trials if the compound was garbage. You post so much speculation based on what kind of mood you're in. From the majority of your posts, I'd say you're in a bad mood most of the time. Nobody on here needs it. Either you have some credible information, or you don't. You do not.
                              Well we will see if he is right or not. Everything is a speculation so far. I'm just glad there are at least some treatments in the pipeline.
                              You know that old Chinese proverb: "You miss 100% shots you don't take!" Just kidding Gretzky said that.

Comment

• FearTheLoss
                                • Dec 2012

They must have a lot of hope for this drug as they are only recruiting severely bald males. "Males between 18 and 60 years of age, inclusive
                                Diagnosed with androgenetic (AGA) alopecia with a Norwood-Hamilton Classification score of 4, 5, 6 or 7."

Most trials would never consider recruiting a nw7.

Comment

Working...