X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yeboah
    • Aug 2009

Advice with starting a regimen

Hi,

I'm 27 and around 6 months ago I noticed my hair thinning, predominantly in the middle and towards the front. Typically, I dismissed it initially but it has continued to thin gradually. It's not really to a point of alarm but at certain times it is noticeable and hence I am planning to embark on a regimen.

After much reading, the regimen I plan to begin is:

- Propecia
    - Rogaine 5%
    - Nizoral

Can the knowledgable out there give me some advice on my planned regimen? And any other comments about my situation would be recieved gratefully.

Thanks.
  • Jeffrey Epstein, MD
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Nov 2008

Your approach- taking proactive steps against your early male pattern hair loss- is what I recommend as well to my patients. While you would also benefit likely from a hair transplant procedure, this step should only be undertaken if you are sure you are willing to undergo the expense and commitment, and likely it should be done with the FUE technique. Propecia and minoxidil work on the majority of men, with Propecia being the better of the two, while Nizoral may have some topical anti-androgen (DHT) properties.

Best of luck. And don't forget that certain hair styles complement thinning hair better than other styles.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Foundation for Hair Restoration
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Comment

• TeeJay73
      • Oct 2008

Awesome advice Doctor Epstein!

Out of curiosity, why would you think that FUE is the likely hair transplant technique for this situation?

Thanks!!

TeeJay

Comment

• JMay83
        • Apr 2009

Dr. Epstein,

what are the best hair styles for thinning hair?

Comment

• Yeboah
          • Aug 2009

Thanks for the response, Dr. Epstein.

I've added a couple of images of my hair as it is. The thinning has been very rapid, is reserved predominantly to the mid-scalp, and came not long after I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. Do you think the two could be related? And will the regimen I listed initially be suitable for the current status of my hair?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...