Does hairloss affect men with attractive faces more than average looking guys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 25 going on 65
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by greatjob!
    If you think Daughtry makes great music, then your opinion on any subject is completely worthless.
    Not familiar with Daughtry's music (I know he was on American Idol) but DepressedByHairLoss is a solid poster. His comments about hair loss screwing musicians are pretty much accurate....when the front man of a band goes bald, the band automatically becomes an "old people band" with VERY few exceptions. and that is the best case scenario for most of them.....many just fade into obscurity

Comment

• baldozer
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
      Not familiar with Daughtry's music (I know he was on American Idol) but DepressedByHairLoss is a solid poster. His comments about hair loss screwing musicians are pretty much accurate....when the front man of a band goes bald, the band automatically becomes an "old people band" with VERY few exceptions. and that is the best case scenario for most of them.....many just fade into obscurity
      AC/DC sold the second best selling album of all time with a bald singer, so not true. And Scorpions singer was bald before they became popular, and so was Disturbed's singer. Joe Satriani was also bald before he became popular. In metal world, its the music that counts, not the looks. Looks maybe important for glam metal bands like Poison though, that is why their singer wears a bandana all the time because he is bald.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
        • Jan 2011

Maybe women of 30+ don't care about hair loss on men, but 18-mid 20s would probably rather want their guys with hair. The majority of them. This becomes obvious if you actually went through hair loss starting from your teens and had to hear the balding comments, as well as the "I like my boyfriends with hair, but we can be friends" type of attitude that you get from girls.

Comment

• adam k
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
          Maybe women of 30+ don't care about hair loss on men, but 18-mid 20s would probably rather want their guys with hair. The majority of them. This becomes obvious if you actually went through hair loss starting from your teens and had to hear the balding comments, as well as the "I like my boyfriends with hair, but we can be friends" type of attitude that you get from girls.
          Spot on. Thats why I am becoming more bitter by the day. Actually one thing that has come from my balding is that I do not hold back now, as I do not care what girls think anymore. If she is being a b*tch whereas before as a NW0 I would have let it go, now I let it rip without caring.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by baldozer
            Joe Satriani was also bald before he became popular.
            No he wasn't. He still had hair back when Surfing with the Alien came out. If you think he wasn't popular back then you must be pretty young. Anyways, he took his hair loss well. He looks great on stage and those hats he wears look great on him.

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
            "I like my boyfriends with hair, but we can be friends" type of attitude that you get from girls.
            Girls who act like that are not worth getting to know.

Hair loss in males is a natural fact of life. It is not unusual and it is not a disease. It certainly sucks but it there is life after hair loss. Millions of men have lived long, happy and fulfilling lives without hair for thousands of years.

Being happy starts with just one decision. The decision to be happy no matter what life throws at you.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by baldozer
              AC/DC sold the second best selling album of all time with a bald singer, so not true. And Scorpions singer was bald before they became popular, and so was Disturbed's singer. Joe Satriani was also bald before he became popular. In metal world, its the music that counts, not the looks. Looks maybe important for glam metal bands like Poison though, that is why their singer wears a bandana all the time because he is bald.

Your examples are considered "old guy bands" (except maybe Disturbed which admittedly younger guys who are mostly virgins listen to)
              Their groupie pool is 99% golddiggers

(& 2 of those examples made it with front men who had hair, Satriani & AC/DC)

Poison sucks worse than almost any rock band ever yet Bret Michaels can still pull cute groupies because they think he has hair (besides his bandana/hats he has been spotted in wigs)
              Lucky for Bret, most women are pretty clueless about MPB....if he started performing as a NW5 (or whatever he is these days) do you really think the average Poison audience would have the same composition?

Comment

• mpb47
                • Apr 2012

I think there was a discussion here awhile back on musicians and it seemed like for the most part they seem cursed about going bald. And even some that had it really had HT's or wigs. Think Kiss.

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mpb47
                  And even some that had it really had HT's or wigs. Think Kiss.
                  Or both - HT can only do so much you know...

More celebrities wear hair than these guys realize. Yes, some of the female celebrities need to wear hair too. There is nothing wrong with wearing hair if it helps you feel better about yourself.

Comment

• mpb47
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                    Or both - HT can only do so much you know...

More celebrities wear hair than these guys realize. Yes, some of the female celebrities need to wear hair too. There is nothing wrong with wearing hair if it helps you feel better about yourself.
                    Maybe because they have a system and later we find out about it, it just makes it seem like a really high % of balding compared to the rest of us.

Comment

• clandestine
                      • Aug 2011

Hair loss affects people.

Christ.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                        You would be 110% wrong. My bo is a norwood VI and I love him anyways. His hair has nothing to do with why I love him. His hair had nothing to do with why I accepted his invitation for our first date. You guy's who insist on convincing yourselves and believing that losing your hair will ruin your lives are dead wrong. You chose to be miserable. It was your choice and your choice alone. It's as simple as that.

You don't get me but that's OK. You are not required to - but if you did, you would be a whole lot better off.
                        I remember you saying that you spent almost a decade living like a hermit due to hair loss and I felt sympathy for you when I "heard" that. Similarly, was that "your choice and your choice alone" to be miserable?

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                          I remember you saying that you spent almost a decade living like a hermit due to hair loss and I felt sympathy for you when I "heard" that. Similarly, was that "your choice and your choice alone" to be miserable?
                          Yes it was. I know much better now.

Comment

• mpb47
                            • Apr 2012

I wanted to respond to your post but I can't find it,,but I have it in email so here goes:

"She is very condescending in how she tries to make the men on this site feel as though their hair loss woes are ridiculous, but I guarantee she herself is a poster boy (girl?) for how women treat bald men."

I have only seen her try to be helpful to other guys including me. She may have gone off on guys that don't believe that teenage recession is normal but that is it. I don't agree with her 100% of the time, but most of the time I think her advise is on the money.

I won't repeat your other comments, but I think they were a little below the belt and uncalled for. MPB is stressful enough as it is..no reason to make someone feel even worse about it !

Comment

• burtandernie
                              • Nov 2012

I dont think it really makes that big a difference. Being bald looks kind of bad on anyone, and how exactly it looks is open to the interpretation of the person judging. One person says your balding big deal and the next person just ignores you to look for someone with nice hair just depends.

Comment

• Tracy C
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by quote
                                "She is very condescending"
                                I am not condescending. Too many of you guys need a hard kick in the butt to get yourselves out of this self imposed misery so you can get out and enjoy your lives. Quite honestly too many of these guys are just too dang stupid to see what is going on.

Comment

Working...