Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gc83uk
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Arashi
    Of course its a matter of definition but in my book fue has even a negative number since not all recipient will grow. So you will end up with less hair on your scalp than you had before
    I was going to say the same myself, but didn't want to confuse the situation

Spent a good hour counting these 500, bit of a nightmare though cos they merge into the day 1 extractions, the photos I've used aren't ideal, but I have counted 680 extractions. Potentially I think there is approximately 720ish.

Also bear in mind I actually had 518 not 500. So there is an extra 200 approx failed extractions.

The thing is, some of these failed extractions, you can see a hole in the head (so to speak) but the hair graft has not been extracted at all, almost looks normal, I've counted these too.

Also I've counted all blood marks. The thing is I've had what felt like hundreds of injections with the anesthetic needle, I think it would be naive to assume that wouldn't create any markings, which is confused for extractions.

There are two different needles for the anesthetic, a larger needle and some new gadget with vibration feeling.

I'm not making excuses for them, but it can't be ignored. Makes it almost impossible to be sure, but I'm quite sure there is a % which are either wrongly being counted or failed (same thing!)

Somebody said it earlier, the only true way we will know is to see how my donor looks after having almost 5000 FU's, unless you know of a better way.

Comment

• caddarik79
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by gc83uk

Spent a good hour counting these 500, bit of a nightmare though cos they merge into the day 1 extractions, the photos I've used aren't ideal, but I have counted 680 extractions. Potentially I think there is approximately 720ish.

Also bear in mind I actually had 518 not 500. So there is an extra 200 approx failed extractions.

The thing is, some of these failed extractions, you can see a hole in the head (so to speak) but the hair graft has not been extracted at all, almost looks normal, I've counted these too.

Also I've counted all blood marks. The thing is I've had what felt like hundreds of injections with the anesthetic needle, I think it would be naive to assume that wouldn't create any markings, which is confused for extractions.

There are two different needles for the anesthetic, a larger needle and some new gadget with vibration feeling.

I'm not making excuses for them, but it can't be ignored. Makes it almost impossible to be sure, but I'm quite sure there is a % which are either wrongly being counted or failed (same thing!)

Somebody said it earlier, the only true way we will know is to see how my donor looks after having almost 5000 FU's, unless you know of a better way.

It's me who said that...

cause if we cannot trust HASCI site, I don't trust this whole thread either.
      The real proof will come from a clear pic of your donor (like you did for the third)... after this more than 5000 + you will go back in May... and again, we will see how it looks, but I'm super confident...regarding how many grafts they took again...

if you can repeat the same in May and donor looks untouched almost, it will be conclusive... and your top of the scalp will be fixed...

maybe later you will wish for even more density... but as a pionneer, I'm glad it works so well for you, because you bring material here, very generously....

I will not take the bashing and speculations here into account anymore, I will just follow your case, appreciate your donor, your final head of hair...knowing from where you started and money apart, it's ****ing great!!! You will look amazing for your wedding!!!! well deserved

and you know, bashing will be the same on Mwamba the day he brings 100% regen... how can you control that?

if they have the guts to officialy call themselves "multiplying hair" (cfr hasci site) and if Gaz future pics of donor look great and almost pristine after 6000 + grafts removed with a lower then average density to start with and <9months delays in between... I buy it.

If Mwamba brings better with realistic prices, I buy it!!!! and I'm actually blessed that I live so close to both doctors!!!

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Can you share your pics ? I assume you painted sections into them ? I'll do the same, though I'm going through them again before.So probably in a few hours.

If you share yours I can just verify what you did (like you can verify mine), it's a lot faster/easier that way.

About the 'excuses': yes for sure, some of them won't be extraction sites, cause some of them will indeed be sedation needle marks. But the difference is huge, almost twice the extracted grafts. 1300 extractions vs 2316 extraction sites. Sedation marks won't make up for more than 30.

Comment

• gc83uk
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by caddarik79
          It's me who said that...

cause if we cannot trust HASCI site, I don't trust this whole thread either.
          The real proof will come from a clear pic of your donor (like you did for the third)... after this more than 5000 + you will go back in May... and again, we will see how it looks, but I'm super confident...regarding how many grafts they took again...

if you can repeat the same in May and donor looks untouched almost, it will be conclusive... and your top of the scalp will be fixed...

maybe later you will wish for even more density... but as a pionneer, I'm glad it works so well for you, because you bring material here, very generously....

I will not take the bashing and speculations here into account anymore, I will just follow your case, appreciate your donor, your final head of hair...knowing from where you started and money apart, it's ****ing great!!! You will look amazing for your wedding!!!! well deserved

and you know, bashing will be the same on Mwamba the day he brings 100% regen... how can you control that?

if they have the guts to officialy call themselves "multiplying hair" (cfr hasci site) and if Gaz future pics of donor look great and almost pristine after 6000 + grafts removed with a lower then average density to start with and <9months delays in between... I buy it.

If Mwamba brings better with realistic prices, I buy it!!!! and I'm actually blessed that I live so close to both doctors!!!
          Well at least we know that by picking a sample area of say 100 extractions and getting 85% we know that isn't really 85% regrowth, because 20odd% of those 100 extractions were never really extracted or extracted properly. Can't really argue with that.

Unless you can be sure that the 100 sites you are monitoring have no left over hairs in the extraction sites, (small black dots which seems to be plenty of), then and only then you might have an accurate sample.

Comment

• c5000
            • Oct 2011

Gaz.

Are you surprised/disappointed about the failed extractions?

Comment

• Arashi
              • Aug 2012

Ok, here it is: http://www.speedyshare.com/srwXS/gaz.zip

The _LAYOUT.jpg is an overview of how all pictures link together. It's the back of the scalp. Pictures starting with H are the highest part of the scalp, with M the middle and L is the lower part. The Z picture is the part above the ear, closest to the right eye (so the outer edge). The calculations spread sheet contains all the grafts per area.

I'm confident that it's pretty accurate. The only trouble I had was linking L3_190347 to M4_190341. It's not correct. But the part that's not correct is relatively small, it are only a few extractions so I didn't really bother to get to the bottom of it. I'm pretty sure all of the other pictures are linked perfectly together.

Some pictures in the middle were the most difficult to get an exact graft count, since the picture quality is the worst there. Still, I'm pretty confident that the error margin is < 5&#37;.

Enjoy !

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Hmm I see that speedyshare uses a download manager nowadays. I hate that. If anybody knows a better file sharer (without needing an account to upload) let me know and I'll upload it there.
                *EDIT* uploading at megafileupload right now ...

Comment

• Oct 2011

Just for the record. When you say "guys" you mean the "guys" in your head, right ?
                  Guys in my head? Do you actually know yourself what you're talking about?

Just in case you still don't understand:
                  When I mean "jerk" -guess what- I mean you, and only you, of course.

Just for the jerk ...

Comment

• gc83uk
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by c5000
                    Gaz.

Are you surprised/disappointed about the failed extractions?
                    Not sure really, I guess I have to find the positives here for now.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but the figures need checking over.

I would think it's safe to say the failed extractions grow back perfectly, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it to my 2nd HST nevermind my 4th, so that's definitely a positive.

Of course there's no scarring!

It's pretty confusing to say the least, my head was slick and now I have all these hairs, where did they all come from? lol

My donor won't be pristine, I would be amazed if it were, however I surely didn't have 5000 FU's available.

And they're expecting me back next year, it's a mind****, that's what it is.

Comment

• gc83uk
                      • Nov 2011

Hmm I see that speedyshare uses a download manager nowadays. I hate that. If anybody knows a better file sharer (without needing an account to upload) let me know and I'll upload it there.
                      *EDIT* uploading at megafileupload right now ...
                      Well done mate for actually attempting this, even if it is bad news.

Why not just upload it to dropbox?

Comment

• Arashi
                        • Aug 2012

Well done mate for actually attempting this, even if it is bad news.

Why not just upload it to dropbox?
                        Nice, didnt know we had write access In that case make sure you have backup of the photo's, eh Uploading the file now !

Comment

• c5000
                          • Oct 2011

Not sure really, I guess I have to find the positives here for now.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed, but the figures need checking over.

I would think it's safe to say the failed extractions grow back perfectly, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it to my 2nd HST nevermind my 4th, so that's definitely a positive.

Of course there's no scarring!

It's pretty confusing to say the least, my head was slick and now I have all these hairs, where did they all come from? lol

My donor won't be pristine, I would be amazed if it were, however I surely didn't have 5000 FU's available.

And they're expecting me back next year, it's a mind****, that's what it is.
                          Maybe it's because there's no scarring that you can keep going back. Maybe there's no donor regeneration but they just spread out the extractions? Who knows?

Main thing is like you say, you have all these hairs now... And isn't that the reason we are all on these forums?

Comment

• Arashi
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by c5000
                            Maybe it's because there's no scarring that you can keep going back. Maybe there's no donor regeneration but they just spread out the extractions? Who knows?

Main thing is like you say, you have all these hairs now... And isn't that the reason we are all on these forums?
                            Well, I agree with Gaz and Caddarik that we'll have to monitor his 500 grafts to get a final answer. However since he had about the same failure to success extraction rate as you and I had, we now have a pretty good prediction that there won't be much regrowth ... We saw 65&#37; excluding failed extractions. Most probably half of the extractions were failed extractions, just like in his last HST. So that leaves 15% for regrowth. But that's without monitoring recipient, so the actual number will be even lower. It now seems quite plausible that at the end of the day, Gaz didn't gain any hair at all.

Again, this is only a prediction and we'd need to monitor the 500 grafts to get a final answer. But this doesn't look too good. Not good at all ...

Comment

• Arashi
                              • Aug 2012

I placed the file in the dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m06tjcp1rztfd6u/gaz.zip

Read my post a few posts back for the explanation. http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...&postcount=171

Comment

• Arashi
                                • Aug 2012

Anyway, I guess this explains the question "How the hell can a part of a graft regenerate and start producing hair within a few days". These were just unextracted grafts. It also explains why none of the Dutch celebs went more than 3 times to HASCI. And it explains why HASCI in general suggests a max of 3 HST's. And why they can't show us a NW7 -> NW1 conversion. There's simply no(t much) regrowth.

And yes, you can do more HST's than you can do FUE for the simple fact that with HST they only transplant half of the hairs per graft. So you need to do 2 HST's to transplant as much hair as you can do with 1 FUE.

Again, we'd need to verify and monitor the 500 grafts for a final conclusion. But it really starts to look the above is correct.

Comment

Working...