Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hellouser
    • May 2012

Originally posted by walrus
    Anyone noticed anything thus far? Been a couple of weeks and the study saw results fast.
    Nothing yet on my end, although I keep trying to look real close on my right temple and it almost looks like theres a single very thick hair growing just a few mm behind my hairline. I can't tell if this a new hair or an existing hair grown as it normally would.

I can with certainty that I'm shedding a lot in the last few weeks though. After each dermarolling session my scalp has a bit of a burning sensation. Last night, my 3rd dermarolling session, I had a more bleeding than the other two times. I would pretty much use my first session 2 weeks ago as a write off since there was very little blood. Its been about 17 hours since I dermarolled and I can still feel my scalp with a burning sensation. Its not itchy, it just feels 'inflamed'. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
      • Mar 2013

look brothers if it doesnt work then the study is fake or indians have diferent mpb gene , i cant explain it else

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
        • Mar 2013

lets hope the wnts get induced,
        Originally posted by hellouser
        Nothing yet on my end, although I keep trying to look real close on my right temple and it almost looks like theres a single very thick hair growing just a few mm behind my hairline. I can't tell if this a new hair or an existing hair grown as it normally would.

I can with certainty that I'm shedding a lot in the last few weeks though. After each dermarolling session my scalp has a bit of a burning sensation. Last night, my 3rd dermarolling session, I had a more bleeding than the other two times. I would pretty much use my first session 2 weeks ago as a write off since there was very little blood. Its been about 17 hours since I dermarolled and I can still feel my scalp with a burning sensation. Its not itchy, it just feels 'inflamed'. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Comment

• bigentries
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
          look brothers if it doesnt work then the study is fake or indians have diferent mpb gene , i cant explain it else
          It doesn't have to be "fake", some studies are just subconsciously biased or badly conducted

I think people are again in the naive positivity territory, they need to calm down and wait a few weeks before speculating about anything.
          The way people reacted at Tracy shows that some people have already decided to stop questioning the study

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Found an article from 1988 on 'The Psoriatic Epidermal Lesion and Anagen Hair Growth May Share the Same "Switch-on" Mechanism'

This theory predates Dr. Cotsarelis by about 20 years. Its interesting that nothing was done during that time to explore the theory further.

Comment

• HARIRI
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by dex89
              I'm actually going to try this. I'll be buying mine at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titanium-Der...item4ab42a2573
              I may order this one, 540 needles for better coverage 1mm needles made of pure titanium no corrosion

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Found an article from 1988 on 'The Psoriatic Epidermal Lesion and Anagen Hair Growth May Share the Same "Switch-on" Mechanism'

This theory predates Dr. Cotsarelis by about 20 years. Its interesting that nothing was done during that time to explore the theory further.
                Ok, so along with this tidbit, I was able to find a LOT of other articles on wound theory. This first one is particularly *really* interesting;

Skin wound healing and hair growth device
                Inventors Masahiro Ogasawara
                Applicant Mignon Belle Co., Ltd.

Disclosed is a device that can heal skin wounds and grow hair by irradiating light from light emitting diodes (LED). The device is provided with: an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband red light with peak wavelength range 620-660nm and FWHM 10nm or less; an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband green light with peak wavelength range 500-540nm and FWHM 10nm or less; an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband blue light with peak wavelength range 440-480nm and FWHM 10nm or less; and an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband red to near infrared light with peak wavelength range 700-2500nm and FWHM 10nm or less. In this way, cell growth factors such as HGF and KGF are acted upon by irradiating the affected area with ultra-narrowband monochromatic light of FWHM 10nm or less, which has excellent effects in healing skin wounds and growing hair.

Here's one of the results in their patent study:

Then I found this article:

Dextran hydrogel scaffolds enhance angiogenic responses and promote complete skin regeneration during burn wound healing

A 5-week-long study further demonstrated that dextran hydrogels promote complete skin regeneration with new hair growth
                Source: http://www.pnas.org/content/108/52/2...expansion.html

And another wounding article:

Epithelial stem cells and implications for wound repair

The role of epithelial stem cells in wounding-induced hair follicle neogenesis. Following re-epithelialization of large full-thickness wounds, new hair follicles develop from the basal cells of the wound epidermis via a process of embryonic-like neogenesis.
                Source: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...84952112001814

Found another article on a wounding anecdote from Stanford:

The secret life of hair follicles, revealed by Stanford researchers

Besides hair regeneration, the circuit is triggered by skin injury to stimulate migration of the bulge cells to the wounded area to differentiate into epidermal cells, thereby regenerating epidermis over the wounded skin.
                Source: http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2013/0...d-researchers/

An unrelated article:
                Published Studies on Tissue and Skin Remodeling Copper-Peptides
                Source: http://skinbiology.com/copperpeptide...tion.html#hair

Notice that in this article Hitzig's name is mentioned

Comment

• DesperateOne
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by goingquick
                  Any suggestions to which derma roller to get? An amazon link would be appreciated
                  If you haven't ordered, this is the one that everyone including me are using.
                  I recommend getting at least two because you might mess one up and you don't want to pay for shipping again. At least, that's what I did.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                    • Jul 2013

Ok, so along with this tidbit, I was able to find a LOT of other articles on wound theory. This first one is particularly *really* interesting;

Skin wound healing and hair growth device
                    Inventors Masahiro Ogasawara
                    Applicant Mignon Belle Co., Ltd.

Disclosed is a device that can heal skin wounds and grow hair by irradiating light from light emitting diodes (LED). The device is provided with: an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband red light with peak wavelength range 620-660nm and FWHM 10nm or less; an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband green light with peak wavelength range 500-540nm and FWHM 10nm or less; an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband blue light with peak wavelength range 440-480nm and FWHM 10nm or less; and an ultra-narrowband light irradiation means which generates ultra-narrowband red to near infrared light with peak wavelength range 700-2500nm and FWHM 10nm or less. In this way, cell growth factors such as HGF and KGF are acted upon by irradiating the affected area with ultra-narrowband monochromatic light of FWHM 10nm or less, which has excellent effects in healing skin wounds and growing hair.

Here's one of the results in their patent study:

Then I found this article:

Dextran hydrogel scaffolds enhance angiogenic responses and promote complete skin regeneration during burn wound healing

Source: http://www.pnas.org/content/108/52/2...expansion.html

And another wounding article:

Epithelial stem cells and implications for wound repair

Source: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...84952112001814

Found another article on a wounding anecdote from Stanford:

The secret life of hair follicles, revealed by Stanford researchers

Source: http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2013/0...d-researchers/

An unrelated article:
                    Published Studies on Tissue and Skin Remodeling Copper-Peptides
                    Source: http://skinbiology.com/copperpeptide...tion.html#hair

Notice that in this article Hitzig's name is mentioned
                    I think we might really be onto something there , I have a suspect that diffuse thinners are going to benefit the most because they're follicles are not completely dead, just my theory.

It's freaking crazy that I had not heard about the dermaroller before, not just for hair loss.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Found another patent document on wounding:

The present invention relates to improved topical administration of one or more growth factors for non-surgical, cosmetic use. In particular, a combination of one or more growth factors with a microneedle roller. Specifically, the invention resides in a kit for cosmetic use comprising: one or more growth factors, growth factor mimetics, and/or growth factor receptor agonists formulated for topical application; and means to perform wounding of skin, such as a microneedle array, wherein the wounding is targeted to at least the epidermis and/or dermis of the skin to release endogenous thrombin into dermal and/or epidermal tissue.
                      Source:
                      The present invention relates to improved topical administration of one or more growth factors for non-surgical, cosmetic use. In particular, a combination of one or more growth factors with a microneedle roller. Specifically, the invention resides in a kit for cosmetic use comprising: one or more growth factors, growth factor mimetics, and/or growth factor receptor agonists formulated for topical application; and means to perform wounding of skin, such as a microneedle array, wherein the wounding is targeted to at least the epidermis and/or dermis of the skin to release endogenous thrombin into dermal and/or epidermal tissue.

Whats really interesting is that I've come across quite a few articles that suggest growth using the wounding technique AND applying growth factors.. SIMILAR to the ones lilpauly has mentioned, which are also SIMILAR to the ones used by Histogen for HSC.

If this isn't exciting... I don't know what is. Dan26 will be trialing the growth factors from lilpauly AND wounding. I can't wait to see the results (if any).

Comment

• LevonHelms
                        • Jul 2013

Thanks for all the research Hellouser, you're bringing a lot of great info to the thread!
                        I'm cautiously hopeful that we've actually got something here.

Comment

• HARIRI
                          • Nov 2012

Found another patent document on wounding:

Source:

Whats really interesting is that I've come across quite a few articles that suggest growth using the wounding technique AND applying growth factors.. SIMILAR to the ones lilpauly has mentioned, which are also SIMILAR to the ones used by Histogen for HSC.

If this isn't exciting... I don't know what is. Dan26 will be trialing the growth factors from lilpauly AND wounding. I can't wait to see the results (if any).
                          Interesting study, Pangaea laboratories is the main company producing Nanogen. I asked them already about that, they told me they were using their Nanogen 0.5mm titanium scalp roller along with their hair growth serum. Seems like 0.5mm is doing a good job too, thanks for the link Hellouser.

Nanogen Pangaea laboratories told me as well that needles above 1mm are not recommended and could somehow hurt hair follicles badly and that safe for home use. They are producing three types now (0.3mm (Home use), 0.5mm (Home use) (one used in the study) and 1 mm (Medical use)). So the safe range is between 0.5 to 1mm I believe so. Look at more studies Guys, don't just depend on one only. That is my advice.

Additional advice: A lot of needle rollers in the market don't provide titanium needles but only a needle covered with metal film or called stainless steel. These will come off easily after few uses and may be harmful to human skin. Advantages of Titanium needles is that when you soak them in medical alcohol for sterilizing they wont become dark and they are less painful than steel ones.

Comment

• Knockin on NW4
                            • Jul 2012

u need 1.5mm brah, dont be scurred

Comment

• Chromeo
                              • Dec 2012

1.5mm is the way to go, I believe. No pain, no gain.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                                • Mar 2013

there is a 3x2cm area 10 cm under my nipple where i got injured enough i could say while i was ioutsteping from the car by the doors window ....

it was like redish and blueish like when you get punched lol for at least a month now i am like a dog there , the area has hair, i can up a pic when i can(i dont have camera at the moment)

Comment

Working...