• Show
Clear All
  • Conpecia
    • Sep 2011

(double post)

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

We know thinning hair happens on thinning scalp. Has anyone thought about getting EMU oil and thickening up the scalp skin as well?

Comment

• DesperateOne
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
        We know thinning hair happens on thinning scalp. Has anyone thought about getting EMU oil and thickening up the scalp skin as well?
        There might be something to the thickness of the scalp. When I used the derma roller in my affected area, it hurt like shit, but not so much on regar scalp.

Why exactly do you think emu oil would help thicken the skin? I have some laying around in my fridge.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

Is there a particular dermaroller that should be used for the head? And what pressure do you apply on the head?

This sounds interesting, i'd like to give it a try.

Comment

• DesperateOne
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
            Is there a particular dermaroller that should be used for the head? And what pressure do you apply on the head?

This sounds interesting, i'd like to give it a try.
            I put a YouTube link to a channel all about derma rollers in the previous page. It seems that for hairloss we need to use a 1.5mm, you should not apply too much pressure, just enough so the needles go in. You will be able to feel how much pressure you need once it arrives.

I tried also using the derma roller on my stretch marks and face and I would say that it's best to use a 1mm in the face and 1.5 for the stretch marks because of how painful it is. All the places I rolled yesterday are still in trauma and j can feel it, but no pain no gain, so I must be gaining a lot

Comment

• greatjob!
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
              If thinning of the skin has anything to do with baldness, it more than likely happens as a result of balding instead of being a cause of balding. Even if you could thicken the skin it is not going to cause regrowth.

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
                If thinning of the skin has anything to do with baldness, it more than likely happens as a result of balding instead of being a cause of balding. Even if you could thicken the skin it is not going to cause regrowth.
                Probably true but there are so many variables in baldness. DHT, PGD2, PGE2, etc. Its not crazy to think that scalp thickness plays at least a partial role.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                  • Jul 2013

Even if its an after effect of baldness, it really doesn't matter. Typically in the body when something happens and you improve the side effects, the overall desease improves.

Take a common fever, your body heats up, yet if you lower your head temperature with a wet cloth you would indeed reverse some of the sickness.
                  IMO

Comment

• greatjob!
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by DesperateOne

Take a common fever, your body heats up, yet if you lower your head temperature with a wet cloth you would indeed reverse some of the sickness.
                    IMO
                    Dude I don't want to be rude but this shows you have very little knowledge of biology. A wet cloth doesn't reverse some of the sickness or reduce a fever. Temperature is regulated by your hypothalamus and a fever is induced by various interleukin's and prostagladin's in the immune system as a result of pathogens. Regardless of what your mom told you, or how it makes you feel, a wet cloth or reducing your "head temperature" does nothing for a fever or infection, so your analogy is useless.

Comment

• GreyGhost1864
                      • Jul 2013

Sup fellas! Time to pluck my head. Getting rid of scalp med. Ordered promox 15percent lotion. I will post pics in 6 weeks. Hope you guys had a great week and keep going! Also I do not know how to post pics. Let me know how. I have a Windows phone

Comment

• DesperateOne
                        • Jul 2013

Dude I don't want to be rude but this shows you have very little knowledge of biology. A wet cloth doesn't reverse some of the sickness or reduce a fever. Temperature is regulated by your hypothalamus and a fever is induced by various interleukin's and prostagladin's in the immune system as a result of pathogens. Regardless of what your mom told you, or how it makes you feel, a wet cloth or reducing your "head temperature" does nothing for a fever or infection, so your analogy is useless.
                        Umm buddy, you might want to go **** yourself. The doctor told me this and if your fever is really high, it is cooking your brain so putting a wet cloth on your head and removing clothes does reduce the temperature and the fever. My reference was not to cure mpb, but to reduce hair loss.
                        Last edited by DesperateOne; 08-09-2013, 05:08 PM. Reason: Nce

Comment

• baldybald
                          • Jul 2012

guys, this is not going to work, it is the opposite it may be harmful for your body

Comment

• chimera
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by baldybald
                            guys, this is not going to work, it is the opposite it may be harmful for your body
                            It's fine, this is not going to hurt us. We are not the first ones using the dermaroller you know?, I has been used for ages to treat scars, stretch marks and things like that. Some people even dermaroll on a daily basis without any trouble. Also, we're using it only once a week, we'll be alright.

Yeah, it may not work, but first we have to be sure. I am not saying we should try everything out there, but potential treatments like this are worth a shoot. There's science behind it, and if it does not work, unlike many other treaments, this won't take much time, money or health to know about it.

Comment

• bigentries
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by baldybald
                              How could it be harmful? Besides an infection of course

If you don't see an improvement in 6-12 weeks, then stop. 6 to 12 session are not dangerous, micro wounding has been studied and used for a while

Comment

• GreyGhost1864
                                • Jul 2013

Hey baldybald you stay bald and us others will make history. Now you go FO and leave us visionaries alone.

Cheers
                                Ghost

Comment

Working...