• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigentries
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
    Whats wrong with them owning a clinic?
    Conflict of interest of course

Remember the tocotrienols hype? The study was also done by the main supplier of tocotrienols

Comment

• the_dude78
      • May 2011

Originally posted by bigentries
      Conflict of interest of course

Remember the tocotrienols hype? The study was also done by the main supplier of tocotrienols
      Yes, this is worrying.

Comment

• Arashi
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
        Yes, this is worrying.
        Agreed. Still going to try it though but it does make me worry.

Comment

• walrus
          • Feb 2012

There could indeed be a conflict of interest, but dermarollers are pretty cheap and easy for us to use ourselves. We don't need to jet out to their clinic to try it.

Comment

• bigentries
            • Dec 2011

I'm also trying it, what the heck, but now I remain more skeptical, my expectations are way lower now

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

PrettyFly has clear results, and Ghost is reporting new hairs as well.

Gotta try it out first before we can write it off.

Comment

• Arashi
                • Aug 2012

Agreed. That's why I'm saying I'm still going to try Waiting on my roller ...

Comment

• the_dude78
                  • May 2011

Absolutely. I just got my roller today and will begin the adventure this evening.

Comment

• Borealis
                    • Mar 2013

How are you guys cleaning your rollers? Just with TCP or something? I haven't cleaned mine before (done it 3 times) and I'm thinking that might be a factor in why it itches so much afterwards.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Thing is, it really depends on the wounding. Cotsarelis basically proves the theory. Perhaps it depends on how MUCH wounding... i mean, maybe the mild erythema is slightly not enough?

For example, that burn scalp victim regrew his hair in his bald spot (temple). Article was back for 1986.

The evidence is there. If this study doesn't pan out, we really should try every angle possible to get some kind of results... or at the very least MAINTENANCE.

I'm gonna be rolling tonight for the second time. Im gonna be harsher than last time. No pain, no gain.

Comment

• chimera
                        • Aug 2012

How do we know prettyfly results are not completely because of the minoxidil, when he took that photo, he was one month on the dermaroller, but three months already on minox.

However, yeah, you right, there's no way to tell if we don't try it first. As this treatment has a small time-frame we can easily prove if it works or not, and that's woth a shot.

Comment

• the_dude78
                          • May 2011

Thing is, it really depends on the wounding. Cotsarelis basically proves the theory. Perhaps it depends on how MUCH wounding... i mean, maybe the mild erythema is slightly not enough?

For example, that burn scalp victim regrew his hair in his bald spot (temple). Article was back for 1986.

The evidence is there. If this study doesn't pan out, we really should try every angle possible to get some kind of results... or at the very least MAINTENANCE.

I'm gonna be rolling tonight for the second time. Im gonna be harsher than last time. No pain, no gain.
                          Just tried it on my face, not very pleasant. Looks like I got a sunburn and I drew a little bit of blood. Not looking forward to try it on my scalp. But yeah, No pain, no gain, I'm gonna go for the mild erythema though, and not too much blood.

Comment

• DesperateOne
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by chimera
                            So, the guys who made this study own a clinic where they offer this treatment.......?

Right........

**** this shit
                            It's like you are just trying to find every possible excuse to dismiss this finding. There is real science behind this method, not just for hair loss but for the entire skin. I would suggest you take your negativity else where. I suppose you would of been happier had they said they conductd everything from a garage or basement, SMH.

Comment

• Bocaj
                              • Jul 2011

2. Now I treat all my patients with finasteride + minoxidil+microneedling + platelet rich plasma.
                              Well...so much for just dermarolling and maybe some minox

It can't hurt to try...but yeah..now that the clinic is mentioned- you gotta go there for the PRP....

Comment

• the_dude78
                                • May 2011

double post, sorry

Comment

Working...