Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chromeo
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Koga
    Also, has anyone noticed its easier to draw blood each time you roll? The first time I rolled I couldn't draw any blood, but by the third time I was drawing some blood, and this last time there was a lot more. I apply the same amount of pressure each time. I'm thinking each time I roll and injure the scalp, it causes the blood vessels to grow closer to the scalp which would also bring more nutrients to the follicles? That would explain why I'm getting more blood each week.
    I have noticed this too, Koga. On the first week, I didn't experience as much bleeding as I expected with the longer needles. The next week I bled a little more, the third week more than that, and by the one month mark, it was easier to bleed than ever before. Very interesting observation.

Comment

• HairBane
      • Apr 2013

Is everyone just using wounding + minoxidil? Or are some people using growth factors etc?

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by HairBane
        Is everyone just using wounding + minoxidil? Or are some people using growth factors etc?
        Me:

Dermarolling Once a week (deep rolling drawing blood)
        5% Minoxidil 2x every day (except for day of dermarolling)
        1-2% CB 1x every day

I might jump on the growth factors bandwagon. I really want my temples back and density on scalp.

Comment

• horte
          • Mar 2013

So could be coincidence, doubtful but I noticed a huge shed and I am dermarolling on hair that came from mindoxil, i had decent temple regrowth with just Min and trentoin A and starting using dermaroller... However i have been experiencing a massive shed and now when i put min on and shampoo 15 hairs come out.

Basically has anyone else shed from this? should I stop dermarolling do a select few experience hairless? or am i making a connection thats not there.

Its been 2 weeks and seems to not be slowing down HELP please

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
            • Mar 2013

ride it out man

Comment

• doke
              • Jun 2009

no need top draw blood guys as thats real damage to scalp just plain silly that is, anyway i have never done this and also i got results from dermarolling using a 0.5mm roller with 192 titanium needle and using it everyday and applying minox straight after when dry applying copper peptide spray its what works for you as its still experimental really even though theres been this trial.

Comment

• Koga
                • Aug 2013

I'm not trying to draw blood, I'm just saying I'm starting to draw blood without trying, using the same amount of pressure as before.

Comment

• doke
                  • Jun 2009

hi guys im using topical morr f 3% minox plus 1mg finasteride all in one topical and may add topical spiro 0.5% lotion but cannot use it until minox is dry due to smell and before you say use dr klines spiro its too expensive best to cover as much as possible with advanced mpb i still have some mpb treatments ru plus 5% but it made my hairloss worse.

Comment

• doke
                    • Jun 2009

The only problem i see with scalp wounding will it make the scalp become used to the roller and form thicker skin that in turn causes more hair loss in the future i dought if the once a week will hurt as long as you take it lightly in small stages but everyday i think will be ok as long as you use a smaller needle roller.
                    I think i will try the once a week as i have my new 1.5 needle now but will need to start easy as i usually sneeze on the temples and eyes water.

Comment

• StayThick
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by hellouser
                      Me:

Dermarolling Once a week (deep rolling drawing blood)
                      5% Minoxidil 2x every day (except for day of dermarolling)
                      1-2% CB 1x every day

I might jump on the growth factors bandwagon. I really want my temples back and density on scalp.
                      Hellouser: Im placing my order for the Growth Factors now before the price hikes up. I really want to apply this after a dermarolling session. It could have sides, but at this point my hair is killing me already.

If you want to ride it out, I'll be purchasing and can update you if you want. I don't care about being a guinea pig with this at the moment. I also just ordered CB from ID, which they said would be at my door within the week.

Comment

• Hicks
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Koga
                        I'm not trying to draw blood, I'm just saying I'm starting to draw blood without trying, using the same amount of pressure as before.
                        I have notice this as well but I am ball rolling 3 times a week. 3rd time I dermarolled it look like someone gutted a deer in my sink.

It also seems that the elasticity of my front scalp has been increasing.

Comment

• Stevo1
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by StayThick
                          Hellouser: Im placing my order for the Growth Factors now before the price hikes up. I really want to apply this after a dermarolling session. It could have sides, but at this point my hair is killing me already.

If you want to ride it out, I'll be purchasing and can update you if you want. I don't care about being a guinea pig with this at the moment. I also just ordered CB from ID, which they said would be at my door within the week.
                          Staythick,

1) I just ordered the Anagen GF's yesterday too. Like you I do not mind being the guinea pig.

2) Good to here Iron Dragon is shipping CB-03-01 soon as I ordered mine in July.

3) Check out my 35 year experience/history including using other type of GF's and ALL of Iron-Dragon products..."Growth factors Thread" page 18 & 19.

Respectfully,

Stevo

Comment

• doke
                            • Jun 2009

where in the 2013 trial results did they say you need to needle so hard as to draw blood its the opposite so why go against the trial if you want to follow it that is?

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by doke
                              where in the 2013 trial results did they say you need to needle so hard as to draw blood its the opposite so why go against the trial if you want to follow it that is?
                              Some are trying to reproduce the pilot study to see if it works, which is a very smart thing to do and is the way science should be done. Others are following their own untrained theories about the study results and are trying to improve upon those results without first attempting to reproduce them to confirm proof of concept. It's their scalps. They can do whatever they want with them.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                                Some are trying to reproduce the pilot study to see if it works, which is a very smart thing to do and is the way science should be done. Others are following their own untrained theories about the study results and are trying to improve upon those results without first attempting to reproduce them to confirm proof of concept. It's their scalps. They can do whatever they want with them.
                                Its been pointed out already, but I'll say it again:

No need to have so many people reproduce the trial results, theres enough that are doing so to validate the study. You're also dismissing the fact that some of us (me) are trying to replicate Follica's wounding theory (in some way at least).

Don't downplay the efforts of others.

Comment

Working...