Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigentries
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
    How much pressure do you apply when rolling it?
    I suspect very little to be honest, since the redness doesn't last more than a few hours. I do feel the skin is getting "ripped" during the first pass

I wonder how much damage was caused in the study, the term they use is very vague

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
      I suspect very little to be honest, since the redness doesn't last more than a few hours. I do feel the skin is getting "ripped" during the first pass

I wonder how much damage was caused in the study, the term they use is very vague
      Maybe alternate? One day use gentle rolling, the next time use more pressure?

Comment

• bigentries
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
        Maybe alternate? One day use gentle rolling, the next time use more pressure?
        I'll try more pressure today as a test, it's been a week since I tried it. I'm just a little afraid that the redness is too noticeable at work

I do think we need to confirm the extent of the wounds, the study words it as a barely noticeable redness in the skin, nothing severe

Comment

• walrus
          • Feb 2012

The study has a corresponding author that could be contacted to confirm the exact protocol.

Comment

• StayThick
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by bigentries
            I'll try more pressure today as a test, it's been a week since I tried it. I'm just a little afraid that the redness is too noticeable at work

I do think we need to confirm the extent of the wounds, the study words it as a barely noticeable redness in the skin, nothing severe
            I did it last night and the redness was completely gone come early the next morning, but I have been doing it over a month now, my skin my be used to it.

I personally apply moderate pressure and also have occasionally seen a random blood dot from one of the spikes. That happens, but it literally is only like one little dot. If you are seeing numerous blood dots you are definitely applying too much pressure.

Comment

• HARIRI
              • Nov 2012

This is an interesting video about Microneedles and Minoxidil on You Tube:-

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Borealis
                • Mar 2013

Mine's just arrived, I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions I have.

1) Obviously once it's been used for the first time, it's no longer sterile. Is this an issue? It says on mine not to re-use the head. Is that what it's referring to? Surely they don't expect you to buy a new one every time?

2) I've got reasonably long hair on top, has anyone experienced any instances of the dermaroller cutting the hair? It sounds silly, but it's something I'm a little worried about none-the-less.

Thanks, and I'll keep this thread updated with any progress I see over the next few months.

Comment

• StayThick
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by HARIRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecBiXSogxc
                  I was going to post that same link. I watched this and bought the same dermaroller as the guy in the video months ago. He has a link for it on Amazon and I basically followed his instructions on application.

Guy gets a kickback but he comes across honest and let's you know that upfront. As a side note, that guy was seriously bald after usin Steriods, but he got a hair transplant which explains why his hair is in such a good state now.

The guy was a solid NW5 at least at one point.

Comment

• Borealis
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by HARIRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecBiXSogxc
                    This study isn't about increasing the absorption of Minoxidil, it's about the wounding of the skin as a result of the use of the dermaroller inducing certain hair-related growth factors.

The Minoxidil in the study was used as a control. The idea is that the dermaroller could potentially bring about results independent of any other treatment.

Comment

• bigentries
                      • Dec 2011

OK, so I used more pressure this time, passing around 6 times over some areas
                      Only 3 points of blood and a lot of discomfort, but redness disappears completely in an hour, maybe my dermaroller is already dull?

Comment

• Borealis
                        • Mar 2013

Just used it, focused on the hair line and the crown. Not the most pleasant of experiences is it? Also, my head is very itchy now, anyone else experience this?

Comment

• hellouser
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Borealis
                          Just used it, focused on the hair line and the crown. Not the most pleasant of experiences is it? Also, my head is very itchy now, anyone else experience this?
                          Itching from Minoxidil is normal without dermarolling. I get it often.

Comment

• Borealis
                            • Mar 2013

It was definitely from the dermarolling, but it went after about an hour or so.

Comment

Working...