RepliCel News - Shiseido & RepliCel Announce Agreement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravisB
    • May 2012

To be honest I have a hard time believing it will be something very effective, based on their May 2012 Phase I/IIa results, which can be found here - http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/u...im-Results.pdf

Comment

• KO1
      • Jan 2012

60% response seems to be the magic number. ARI gets 60% response, Replicel gets 63%, Nigam is getting 50-70%. I wonder why.

Comment

• TravisB
        • May 2012

What's troubling is that subjects who received PLACEBO also got increase in hair density (37% of subjects as opposed to 63% treated with DSC cells), ROFL. What's going on?

Comment

• moore
          • Jun 2012

New article...were they pushed to release this informations because of the recent articles about Jahoda/Christiano discovers?
          Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Vancouver Sun offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Comment

• Artha
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by moore
            New article...were they pushed to release this informations because of the recent articles about Jahoda/Christiano discovers?
            http://www.vancouversun.com/health/S...893/story.html
            Yeah... I think the race for a cure is ON!!

Comment

• Thinning87
              • Dec 2012

thanks for posting, although the article doesn't say anything new

Comment

• Artha
                • Jun 2013

What that Jahoda/Christiano discovers that we didn't know already?

Comment

• Jazz1
                  Inactive
                  • Aug 2012

What ever these geeks are doing I hope something comes out soon!!!

Comment

• Artha
                    • Jun 2013

The Vancouver Sun article is new and legit as posted on the official Replicel twitter account!

Comment

• Artha
                      • Jun 2013

Replicel explain their procedure in this new panel.

Comment

• Sogeking
                        • Feb 2011

The problem lies in the 6th step. They are anticipating that this cells will migrate to the dormant ones. And even if they do, there are no growth factors like fibroblasts to kickstart basically to induce this cells to start growing the new hair. Cells on their own, without us knowing which gen can induce their development into a hair follicle, won't start producing new hair. Well at least not in any significant amount.

Comment

• moore
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Thinning87
                          thanks for posting, although the article doesn't say anything new
                          Originally posted by Artha
                          What that Jahoda/Christiano discovers that we didn't know already?
                          Yeah sorry I wrote in a hurry. My point was, I thought Replicel representatives felt like they had to say something after this article.

Originally posted by Sogeking
                          The problem lies in the 6th step. They are anticipating that this cells will migrate to the dormant ones. And even if they do, there are no growth factors like fibroblasts to kickstart basically to induce this cells to start growing the new hair. Cells on their own, without us knowing which gen can induce their development into a hair follicle, won't start producing new hair. Well at least not in any significant amount.
                          Well I used to be quite positive about the Replicel method.
                          Now I wonder about 6th step myself. And my big question remains the same:
                          ->How is something injected in the scalp, apparently in a random spot, supposed to know where to go? How is it supposed to reach exactly certain tissues?<-
                          And, even more:
                          How is the same compound supposed to be able to both stimulate old follicles as well as instigate the creation of new ones? (folliculogenesis?)
                          Maybe I'm just talking of stuff I don't know anything about. Some people spend years just to be able to use the right scientific terminology. I did not, and still I try to elaborate on matters which defied research for decades.

Comment

• TheSwingingGate
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by moore
                            How is the same compound supposed to be able to both stimulate old follicles as well as instigate the creation of new ones?

This Follica patent describes a similar process of stimulating and creating new follicles. Interesting.

Comment

• crafter
                              • Sep 2013

This on Replicel's website

This quote is interesting -

"But RepliCel’s plan isn’t to bring its cell cloning all the way to market, Hall says. Rather, it wants to prove the effectiveness of the technology in the hopes it will be purchased by another company."

Comment

• Thinning87
                                • Dec 2012

How is that interesting

Comment

Working...