Complete RU58841 Usage Guide

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champpy
    • Apr 2015

Wow this got depressing real quick. So nobody is really having great success with RU? And if my shedding hasnt improved by now then its not looking like this will be of any benefit for my situation. What a bummer of a day... Here i was hoping RU would at least buy me a cpl years worth of time

Comment

• diffuseloser
      • Sep 2014

Yeah, well I have a couple of months supply of Dr Reddy's fin in my cupboard which I haven't touched except for 1/4 of one pill 0.25mg and sadly I freaked out and haven't touched the stuff since. Psychologically, I am not a good candidate for finasteride. Don't want to take the risk even though I know I would probably respond well. I may change my mind and have been avoiding reading the horror stories. RU definitely works but I have come to the stage where I have to evaluate whether I should continue using it and if so, how will I prepare and apply it. I will definitely need to increase the dosage.

Comment

• champpy
        • Apr 2015

I believe this is the same thing that Hellhouser (I think it was him, might have been another poster) documented happened to him too. His hair would improve for a month or so, then shed and thin out and then regrow. It seems like it would phase in and out of working

Comment

• xLeox
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by diffuseloser
          I'm debating what step to take from here. An increase dose? A vehicle change? Both? Shave it off and drop all treatments? I'm not getting my hopes up for any new miracle treatment either. I can't take fin so my options are very limited. I think I will up dosage to 50+mg but I haven't decided on new vehicle yet. Its between neogenic and ethanol/PG.
          If you up the dosage, you're very likely to get improuvements again. if you do it, keep us posted on the outcome. I would rather up the ru dose than take dutasteride anyway. if I was granted me that from upping the dose from 5% to 8%, I would regain improuvements and keep the situation stable for 2 years at least, I would do it then. cause this is all about buying as much time as possible. but hey, what if after 6 months, it loses effectiveness again. that would be frustrating. vehicle related, I use ethanol, I think it's totally proper. plus, having to mix ru everyday with neogenic would be a total bummer.

Comment

• brocktherock
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by xLeox
            If you up the dosage, you're very likely to get improuvements again. if you do it, keep us posted on the outcome. I would rather up the ru dose than take dutasteride anyway. if I was granted me that from upping the dose from 5% to 8%, I would regain improuvements and keep the situation stable for 2 years at least, I would do it then. cause this is all about buying as much time as possible. but hey, what if after 6 months, it loses effectiveness again. that would be frustrating. vehicle related, I use ethanol, I think it's totally proper. plus, having to mix ru everyday with neogenic would be a total bummer.
            I use finasteride with RU and hopefully it stabilizes my results. I just switched to minox foam and I started shedding again, Im hoping its not from RU.

Comment

• robodoc
              • Aug 2009

Dude, I feel for you. Losing your hair is devasting to many of us. Here is my thoughts on your dilemma.

No matter how dismal your results may appear, continue what you are taking. We all know the best products, I use that word loosely, are Fin, Minox, RU, RPC,supplements, new stem cell products and of course a good diet, vitamins. I use Nizoral shampoo, I use CAFFEINe and most of what I have mentioned. I still have some hair but who really knows if it all my efforts work.

My personal experience, one year, was that RU did nothing for me. I can't explain the side effects, it was hard to pinpoint but seemed to affect my libido. I know the results are suppose to be dose related, meaning using a high dose may work whereas a low dose may not. I saw no improvement at 25mg/ml.

You may slow your hair loss until something like AAPE turns out to a winner and using the aforementioned in conjuction with AAPE may help to regrow some hair. I don't read everything here but it looks like STEM cells is best remedy at the moment. As I said in another post, our best treatment options are the kitchen sink strategy, in other words try all viable products. I don't mean the experimental junk, I mean products that have SOME success in the literature or medical studies. Hang in there.

Comment

• VegetaDBZ
                • Apr 2015

Just started out RU.....for half week now....

Hope it will thicken up hair and stabilize more..

Zero sides till now which is a good thing....!

Comment

• Dench57
                  • Sep 2014

Noob question regarding the premade solutions:

Kane's 50mg/ml solution - roughly how long would this bottle last if I'm just applying on temples/frontal hairline? At first I thought it was roughly 2ml application a day, like with Fluridil or whatever....but I see people saying they're using 20-30mg/ml a day? How the hell are people affording like £30 a day? Or is buying powder and mixing yourself the only affordable option?

Comment

• Dench57
                    • Sep 2014

EDIT - Deleted double-post

Comment

• Illusion
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Dench57
                      Noob question regarding the premade solutions:

Kane's 50mg/ml solution - roughly how long would this bottle last if I'm just applying on temples/frontal hairline? At first I thought it was roughly 2ml application a day, like with Fluridil or whatever....but I see people saying they're using 20-30mg/ml a day? How the hell are people affording like £30 a day? Or is buying powder and mixing yourself the only affordable option?
                      20-30mg/ml says nothing about the amount of solution someone is using, it just means that for every 1 ml solution they use, there's 20-30mg RU in it.

I think most people use an amount of 1.0ml - 2.0ml. It really depends on how big of an area you need to cover with your RU solution and how efficient you can use the RU. With the latter I simply mean that people who apply a topical for the first time usually spread the stuff out unevenly or something like that. But you'll get the hang of it soon, so don't worry about that.

If you use 2.0 ml a day at a strength of 50mg/ml, it means you'll use 100mg RU a day which means one batch of 10g will last you 100 days. I don't know how much it will cost you as this will depend on shipping costs, but for this would be approx. $1.80/day.

Comment

• Dench57
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Illusion
                        20-30mg/ml says nothing about the amount of solution someone is using, it just means that for every 1 ml solution they use, there's 20-30mg RU in it.

I think most people use an amount of 1.0ml - 2.0ml. It really depends on how big of an area you need to cover with your RU solution and how efficient you can use the RU. With the latter I simply mean that people who apply a topical for the first time usually spread the stuff out unevenly or something like that. But you'll get the hang of it soon, so don't worry about that.

If you use 2.0 ml a day at a strength of 50mg/ml, it means you'll use 100mg RU a day which means one batch of 10g will last you 100 days. I don't know how much it will cost you as this will depend on shipping costs, but for this would be approx. $1.80/day.
                        Yeah that makes sense, silly me. thanks

Comment

• ghostrider
                          • Mar 2015

Hello mates!

anyone combining OC-ethanol + RU58841? it looks like its cutting the shedding further down to 15-25 hairs a day, hair still improving even before starting OC.

Comment

• ghostrider
                            • Mar 2015

I want to know if people are having success mixing RU with Lipogain.

Comment

• Swooping
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by ghostrider
                              I want to know if people are having success mixing RU with Lipogain.
                              Many vehicles will do I guess as long as there is enough ethanol in the vehicle to dissolve the RU. All a matter of preference.

Comment

• Pate
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Swooping
                                Many vehicles will do I guess as long as there is enough ethanol in the vehicle to dissolve the RU. All a matter of preference.
                                I've been using RU dissolved in generic minox and it's not too bad, but nowhere near as good as the premixed stuff in KB. It seems to dissolve okay, but when I apply it, after it dries it starts to come out of solution and leaves a grainy powder on my scalp. It's not a lot of powder compared to the amount of RU going into it, but given how expensive the stuff is I don't want any left behind!

I think I will need to buy some Everclear and dissolve the RU in that, and then transfer that to the minox. I'm thinking if I had 0.5 mL of ethanol to 1ml of minox and then apply 1.5 mL per day, that should be enough ethanol to dissolve it properly.

On the plus side, the combined RU and minox is working really well at stopping my shedding, as well as nuking my oily scalp.

Comment

Working...